Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Pics of Rear Bird w/ Light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 12:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird, 2000 GTP
Engine: 327
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" posi, 4.11
Pics of Rear Bird w/ Light?

I have thought of putting a light behind the bird between my tail lights. What does it look like? If is a good looking mod, I might consider doing it.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission: auto
Is that possible? On the 85 style the plastic is solid black. Would it show through? It would be a unique mod tho!
Old 07-15-2001, 03:05 AM
Supreme Member

i have somewhat, i reply later, prob with woman. hence. why im up this late on thirdgen.org

------------------
91 FireBird 305 V-8
Edelbrock Catback, Fourth Gen Console. i have six cupholders. all for starbucks!
ghetto rigged cold air intake,
GheTTo Riggers INC.
We Make Mcgyver look Like Crap
God Created The Earth, And Then Turned Up The Bass
F-Body Meeting, Naperville IL, Chicago Ave and Washington. July 27, 8:00ish.

Part Search, I NEED A Harness For A Radiator fan, THANX
Old 07-15-2001, 10:10 AM

This was already done by somebody quite a long time ago. We had a post up about it. The key is to try it out on the one not currently on your car now. Go to a boneyard and pick one up. Then sand the inside of the plastic piece, so that the black will be sanded away. You need to use fine grit sand paper at the end, in order to make the plastic smooth. After, go to a local place that makes graphics and sticker(like grafix dezine on Long Island). Lay out the sticker ...make sure to center it and also make sure it is facing the right way. After...spray it with black. You should be able to remove the sticker after...there will be a clear outline of the bird. You can get creative with this and use other decals, words, or even the 4th gen screaming chicken. I have seen it partially done with the PONTIAC on the bottom of the screaming chicken. I think that person carved it out. The way I explained will probably work out much better. I havent done this yet, but I am going to soon. I have the GTA centerpiece on my car, and have the PONTIAC with the screaming chicken above it...so maybe I will give it a try. O yea, make sure that the bird is just the outline, and doesnt have any extra clear plastic around it...if you know What I mean. Alright...well Good Luck, and post some picks...hopefully the person who did this before will post his pics of the whole thing complete.