Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Photos of my MacEwen Guages, NOT WHITE

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 07:14 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Z/28, 2001 Z/28
Engine: 355 Built a bit / LS1
Transmission: T-5 / A4
Axle/Gears: 4.10 / 2/73's
Photos of my MacEwen Guages, NOT WHITE

hehee thought that may get ya'lls attention.. so here they are.. these are the guages i bought from the last group purchase in Feb. They are not WHITE, they are SILVER to match my Autometer Pro Comp guages in the pillar pod. Excuse the date, as i didnt reset it in the Digital Camera, and excuse the mess, as the dust and dirt are from the body shop where my car currently is at.

lemme know what you all think, sorry for their size.. and quality.

-steve
Old 04-04-2001, 12:10 PM

they look pretty white

------------------
91 rs, convertible, K&N, Edelbrock open element cleaner, 3.73, B&M mega-shifter, goodmark cowl-induction hood,tinted windows,MacEwen Overlays
Coming soon......"Custom" non-red material.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:21 PM

they do look white. but it might be the pic

and to me those are ugly. i just dont get why you would put on white face gauges. it looks fake, and what does it do for you. it blocks the originality. i can understand redoing your whole dash in white faced gauges from AUTOMETER, but i cant justify the inlays..
it just doesnt do anything for me. they would be nice if you get carbon fiber background, but i just plan on getting a set of autometers with CF backing. and redoing my dash.. just my opinion though.. and what do i know?

hold on a sec: "putting on flame retardent suit"

------------------
Jarrad
1990 IROC-Z L98 350 TPI
TH-700R4
G92- 7.5" 10 Bolt 3.23gears
Bright Red Hardtop/ Grey Custom Interior
5,507 IROC's Hardtops/Ttops; 2,415 5.7L IROC's Produced in 1990

DAILY DRIVER: 1991 S10 2.5L/5SPD WITH CAMARO RIMS
Old 04-04-2001, 03:37 PM

i'm not putting them down, i just said they look white, but that is probably just the pic

------------------
91 rs, convertible, K&N, Edelbrock open element cleaner, 3.73, B&M mega-shifter, goodmark cowl-induction hood,tinted windows,MacEwen Overlays
Old 04-04-2001, 04:44 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
They do look white, I can barely tell. I'm gonna stick with the whites.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS
305ci automatic, all stock til I get some cash.
My 1992 RS
Old 04-04-2001, 07:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
I'm being patient while he toys with an idea I sent him... I don't want white or silver... I'm just hoping he'll be able to do them the way I'd like

they look nice, but to me, white and silver are just too shiny for me
Old 04-04-2001, 10:30 PM

so what's your idea? or are you trying to keep it on the dl?

------------------
Old 04-05-2001, 11:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks pretty nice man, i definately like the gauge cluster on your year car better than mine too. Looks silver to me, but just barely. (Stupid professional computer tech and his hot-rod computer...)

Anyone here ever seen red face gauges with silver lettering/markings? Its pretty sweet i've seen it on a DSM board once, if anyones interested I'll try and dig up the picture.

------------------
88 Base Camaro
305 Auto
All Stock....for now
Old 04-06-2001, 12:33 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RARE-ROC-Z:

and to me those are ugly. i just dont get why you would put on white face gauges. it looks fake, and what does it do for you. it blocks the originality. i can understand redoing your whole dash in white faced gauges from AUTOMETER, but i cant justify the inlays..

</font>

blocks the originality? So let's all leave our cars stock then for christs sake. Forget replacing those rusty exhaust manifolds with headers, keep the originality..leave them on.

And the factory stereo..man what a gem. No match for a $500 Pioneer. What were you thinking when you replaced your interior with "grey custom" Rare roc?

Purple, they look good. I too have the silver face autometers and macewen white face gauges. Mine are white but surprisingly they came out as a nice combo.

------------------
91 Formula 1LE 1 of 46
305 TPI 5speed
1LE/G92/WS6

Paxton SN92 supercharger, Ford SVO 24#injectors, Crane AFPR,SLP airfoil, ported/polished plenum, March alt. pulley,Crane Gold 1.6rrs,MSD coil,MSD6AL (5400rpm limit),Holley 9mm wires,Ac delco R43ts plugs,custom chip,Bosch O2sensor,SLP 1 5/8" headers,SLP catback,shortened shifter,3:73s w/Auburn posi,180* t-stat,JET 195* fan switch, Macewen white face gauges, Autometer gauges, Zoom hi-performance clutch.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:28 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by theformula:

blocks the originality? So let's all leave our cars stock then for christs sake. Forget replacing those rusty exhaust manifolds with headers, keep the originality..leave them on.

And the factory stereo..man what a gem. No match for a $500 Pioneer. What were you thinking when you replaced your interior with "grey custom" Rare roc?

Purple, they look good. I too have the silver face autometers and macewen white face gauges. Mine are white but surprisingly they came out as a nice combo.

</font>
thanks for the positive formula, I know my pictures werent the most perfect, but at night and with a flash is the best i could do at the time. When it gets sunny out side again and i get my car back from the body shop ill try to get some better shots.

I too was going to go with the white faces if MacEwen said he couldnt do the silver, luckily he said he would and boy they turned out great...

especially at night it casts this blu-ish green halo look around everything with those xenon blue bulbs.. i think it looks real good and everyone who has seen them in person thougth so as well.

Thanks again

-Steve

------------------
92 RS/SS FrankenCamaro
More mods to list than time to do it in

www.groundzerocustoms.org
Old 04-06-2001, 07:07 PM

I'm with Rare Roc Z on this,I've never liked those white,silver or whatever face gauges. They clash with the dash (Hey,that rhymes!) and look out of place.The 3rd gen dashes are nice with that big wall of black looking out over that long hood Hey I'm not one of those originality freaks, I've got a white 92 Z28 with BLACK heritage stripes (history buffs know black stripes were only available on red cars),85 Iroc rims, an overhead console from a firebird and a pioneer 1.5 din stereo,but to each his own. If you like them on YOUR car then cool! cuz it's your car, dont let me or anyone else tell you how your car should look. Cheers!!
Old 04-09-2001, 03:50 PM

i dont personaly like white or crome in my intierior, i think it clashes w/ the 3rd gen interior, i like my red pontiac gauge cluster
i plan on getting the gauge dubble pod from autometer and putting z series vacume and air/fuel ration gauges in them and setting them up w/ red lights to go w/ the rest of my car. i dont see why people get so worked up about opinions. do what you want to do to your car (what ever floats your boat)

------------------
89' Firebird Formula WS6 L98, MSD 6AL MSD Blaster, Hypertech chip, K/N filter cone,flowmaster 80 series, hypertech air foil, koni shocks, edelbrock trailing arms

more to come soon.....
Old 04-09-2001, 04:04 PM

I understand where you guys are coming from. One of my friends has given me so much crap since I told him I was putting white gauges in my Z, all he keeps saying is oh ok, when you gonna buy the coffee can to complete the ***** experience. Or do the gauges come with a civic motor? Its funny to argue with him about it cause I know he will like them once they get put in. I don't know anyone around me with the white gauges so it will be different. And if I dont like the way they look, hello ebay. I have already replaced the cluster once(went from 85mph to 115mph) If I don't like it then I will just sell it and buy another cluster, no big deal.

------------------
Jay

black 85 Z28, t-tops, 4bbl carb, flowmaster 80 series muffler w/ custom tips (hollowed out cat), edelbrock chrome air cleaner, Infinity 4" 2 way front speakers and Infinity 3 way 6x9s, Alpine CDA-7863 head unit. many more mods planned (holley carb 4160 and edelbrock performer intake coming very soon)
Old 04-09-2001, 10:21 PM

well THEFORMULA, the "Custom Grey Interior" was the name of the option from GM. look it up sometime. and oh man let me tell you.. that factory tape deck. it works great.. SITTING ON THE SHELF IN THE GARAGE!. i have an eclipse deck. but that is different. and hey my car is far away from stock, but from the appearance look its a sleeper. hey why not surpise someone once in a while.

i dont mean to argue.. but they look fake. and like they werent susposed to be there. but hey its not my car..

------------------
Jarrad
1990 IROC-Z L98 350 TPI
TH-700R4
G92- 7.5" 10 Bolt 3.23gears
Bright Red Hardtop/ Grey Custom Interior
5,507 IROC's Hardtops/Ttops; 2,415 5.7L IROC's Produced in 1990

DAILY DRIVER: 1991 S10 2.5L/5SPD WITH CAMARO RIMS
Old 04-10-2001, 07:16 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

i dont mean to argue.. but they look fake. and like they werent susposed to be there. but hey its not my car..

[/B]</font>
Its cool man i understand that customs are allways for everyone.. after all thats the fun of customizing.. making something no one else/ or a few others have.

Personally I always thought that the 3rd gen's dash needed something more, and since everyone had gotten white faced guagesss i was going to go that route. but when i had purchased my autometers in platnum, i figured hell ill at least ask mac.. see what he says to silver. thus voila.. he came thru in a big way... either way.. its all about personal preferance... personally, i love it.... but thats probably why i bought them

I am glad that most of yall are open to at least discussion about things, and im even more impressed at how many say if its your thing go for it..

there is nothing i hate more than someone who tells you how to do YOUR car.

thanks again for the feedback yall.

-Steve

------------------
92 RS/SS FrankenCamaro

Old 04-10-2001, 08:15 AM

hey rare-roc, i thought you were getting a roll bar or four point harness, that's kinda taking away from the sleeper image. Oh well, to each is own, but if you wanna know my opinion, i like the guages. (and i like your car too rare-roc, especially in your senior pic )

------------------

[This message has been edited by jm91rs (edited April 10, 2001).]
Old 04-10-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Formula
Engine: L98
Transmission: A4
Not to bad lookin... although Im not one for the overlays. They look pretty good! I think that the silver does look better than the white. It clashes less with the black interior..

I could care less about keeping it stock.. heck, Im still waiting for someone to come out with digital gauges for the 91-92 camaros....

All in all, its your car!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:18 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiztope:
Not to bad lookin... although Im not one for the overlays. They look pretty good! I think that the silver does look better than the white. It clashes less with the black interior..

I could care less about keeping it stock.. heck, Im still waiting for someone to come out with digital gauges for the 91-92 camaros....

All in all, its your car!
</font>
Thanks Kiz... but i think that the digital cluster is already available.. Check out summit or jeggs, they have the entire cluster replacement last i thought.. unless of course your thinking of something else???

Hth

-Steve

------------------
92 RS/SS FrankenCamaro

Old 04-11-2001, 12:01 PM
Supreme Member

hey HrdRockA4305, where did u see red guages, could you please try to find them and email me or post them here!