Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

B&M maga shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&M maga shifter

hoiw many of you guys have a mageshifter. how hard was it to install and do you guys have any pics of the install

------------------
when the green flag drops the bull$hit stops

Curent: 350,performer RPM intake ,650dp, 700r4, headers, 3inch exhast
Spring 01: 406, Comp 282 solid cam, 2400 stall converter, every thing else the same.
Old 12-28-2000, 07:22 PM
Supreme Member

Installed it by myself in an afternoon taking my time - no problems. Read the instructions at least three times, ID'ing the parts prior to installing it. Pix at my site (not many but a few.)

Steve

------------------
Steve's Trans Am Temple
Old 12-30-2000, 09:15 AM

Gold 85,
The are pretty easy to install. I installed mine in about one afternoon. The trickiest part is installing the cable on the tranny. They give you the basic but when you start shifting from park to drive and it's a bit stiff the fine tuning makes it all worth while. I have no pics but if you get stuck we'll walk you through it. That is why I love this site, everyone is so helpful. You can learn from our mistakes.
Old 01-04-2001, 08:45 AM

i have a b&m shifter and it took a whole afternoon to install it was tricker than i thought and i wish i would of never bought it it turns out the shift cable that comes with the shifter is a piece of s*&% and mine has been on for 6 months and already warped and is needed to be replaced as a matter of fact my car is in the shop because the cable broke and the shifter got all messed up it got so bad u could start my car in drive and reverse lol well all thet said sure it looks nice but it could be a pain in the a** later but it was fun to race with just slam it up to switch gears that was sweet good luck on installation and keep an eye on shift cable!!