Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Goodbye Thirdgen.org, car was totaled today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Car: 86 IROC-Z, '71 RS
Engine: 305 TPI/ 350
Transmission: 700R4/TH350
Re: Goodbye Thirdgen.org, car was totaled today...

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
You're a commercial driver? For what company? I bet they'd be very happy to know that you understand the basics of driving laws. If you look at my post above, I copied the AZ statute that shows the rules and even highlighted the important areas. A green arrow designates that it is safe to turn in that direction and any opposing traffic is stopped. Once the green arrow goes to a solid green indicator, then the people turning left need to yield to oncoming traffic approaching the intersection.

You must be one of those people down here in FL that sits at a green arrow because the other lights are still red! What are they teaching you guys in driver's ed these days? Most people don't know how to merge, turn into the lane closest to them, keep right except to pass, etc. I see so many stories of people wrecking their cars these days and I'm starting to understand why. My son is 13 and after I'm done teaching him the rules of the road, I'm sending him to Bondurant to learn how to drive defensively and control the car in most situations.
Ah, I went to Bondurant (Defensive driving and High performance.) Your kid is lucky! Look, I'm just going by what I know, What my uncle knows and what I've experienced. If you think I'm wrong, then ok.

My company is glad to have me. I'm one of less than 1,000 people in the U.S. who have been trained to do my job and have been accepted by both ATF and Homeland security as a Hazmat explosives hauler as well as a mine equipment heavy-hauler. I'm not blowing my own horn here, but in my companys eyes, I am as close to perfect as you can get. Am I perfect? No. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Luckily I am as careful as I can be and none of my mistakes has ever cost anyone an injury or their life. Plan to keep it that way too!
Now:
Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

You're making two different points that are opposite each other. Yes, a green arrow does give right-of-way! You are incorrect in stating that it doesn't. The second point is the policeman's point of view. You are correct that the police don't know if there was a green arrow or a solid green for opposing traffic. Because the police don't know the full circumstance, does not remove the right-of-way and who has it. If anybody can prove there was a green arrow, then the right-of-way will be granted to the OP. End of story.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 369 TPI
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Nine Bolt

I had an interesting accident here in California many moons ago. I will getting on the freeway but was still on the on ramp portion(long on ramp that paralleled the freeway for awhile) when a car in the slow lane veered over and rear ended my car. The California Highway Patrol said it was my fault. The insurance company just so happened to be the same for both our cars. Anyways they did their own investigation and determined it was the other guys fault. So financially it cost me nothing and I was well reimbursed for my car.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: Two cracked out gerbils
Transmission: 700r with a probuilt automatics kit
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by drknow90rs_ss@y
As I said earlier: The green arrow does not give right-of-way. Arizona (And three other states.) simply sees the arrow as a Cue that it is considered "Safe to turn with caution"

I never said that the person who ran the light had right-of-way. You have to look at it from the policemans point of view:
He is arriving at the scene of an accident in which a car that was obviously turning left was hit by a vehicle that was approaching from the opposite direction. One driver says "I had an arrow" the other driver says "I had the green light" The law was designed so that the police officer may decide quickly and fairly in these cases. I dont agree with the law,I didnt write the law, I dont like it and I hope the O.P. didnt get the ticket.

This is retarded. Shouldn't such a common thing such as a green arrow be universal? Should a stop sign in one state mean go in another? I think that This could be challenge able from a whole new perspective.If you have the green arrow and someone else ran a stop light that proves fault period.You were doing what you were supposed to do,He wasn't.Seems pretty straight forward to me.Here is more insight.

http://www.drivingschool.ca/drivereducation/page16.html

From the looks of that stop light system it looks as though that's a protected green left turn light meaning you have the right of way.Even if you proceeded on a yellow that turned red while you was in the middle of the intersection it would STILL be the other drivers fault.In this scenario he would have had to "clip" the light and has to wait till the intersection clears to proceed even if his light was green.

28-771. Vehicle at intersection; exception; entering freeway
A. When two vehicles enter or approach an intersection from different streets or highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right. This subsection does not apply to vehicles approaching or entering an uncontrolled "T" intersection if the vehicle on the left is on a continuing street or highway and the vehicle on the right is on the terminating street or highway. The vehicle on the terminating street or highway shall yield to the vehicle on the continuing street or highway.
B. The right-of-way rule prescribed in subsection A of this section is modified at through highways and otherwise as stated in this article.
C. Intersecting road crossings between the main roadway of a freeway and acceleration lanes, ramps or any other approach roads are not intersections as defined in section 28-601, and subsection A of this section does not control questions of right-of-way at the crossings. A vehicle entering a freeway from an acceleration lane, a ramp or any other approach road shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle on the main roadway of the freeway entering the merging area at the same time.

I can say this much they always blame the driver of the sports car.If you buy a cavalier there's no worries about even being seen by law enforcement.

Might want to call a traffic attorney and he could help you the most and answer the questions you have.

Safe to turn with caution is a yellow arrow.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Trans Am WS6/1991 Firebird
Engine: 305 TPI/305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4 in both

Originally Posted by 91phoenix
I know first hand that the cops will do this. I was in an accident about 10 or more years ago and when I told the police that I seen a car there but I didn't know what kind it was They wrote that I did not know that there was a car there. Was told that they wrote it and I could not do anything about it. 'They can write anything they want'. I lost my job from that too because of that statement about the car as the company ruled that I admitted fault.

Glad you are OK though. That other driver will hopefully get the worst of it if the police put all that in their report.
Though I wouldn't try to fix the car I hope that you can get another one soon and are able to get back to work..
Yep, pretty similar to what happened to me, like I said, I was transporting a vehicle for a dealership and the one I worked for didn't provide us with all the insurance paper work for these vehicle, since we were driving them for short distances. All I had was my dealer plate, and when the cop asked for my insurance I explained I didn't have the paper work and I'd have to request someone from the dealer come out and bring whatever papers were needed. The cop then gave me a 5 minute lecture about driving uninsured and how I should "learn the state laws that insurance is required" (Good ol' cops...and at that time I was in school getting my degree in Criminal Justice! )

I was pissed, the guy did not listen to a word I said because I was 21, (so I had to be some dumbass kid) even though I've had my license since I was 16 and never got so much as had a parking ticket, and it turned out the guy who hit me had a rap sheet 12 pages long.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4

So a quick little update here, I learned how much I'm getting for her. The insurance company is saying $4250, which I am more than happy with. I bought the car for 2000, and put nearly another 2 grand into it, so I think that amount is fair.

Now is where the questions begin. Apparently they want $475 to buy it back, and I know I can make much more than that by selling the parts on it. The only problem with parting it out is I have nowhere to store the car while doing so, and don't have a trailer to transport it. If there's anybody in the phoenix area who could keep it somewhere for a few day's while selling the parts, I will give you first pick on parts and sell them for dirt cheap for helping me out.

Anyways I've been looking for nice third gens on craigslist so hopefully I can find one I'm happy with. I keep updating as things progress.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 rs, 86 Trans Am
Engine: RS-V6... Trans Am-LG4
Transmission: RS-T5... Trans Am 700r4

congrats, and yes, part it out for sure! (if it was me I would keep all usable parts for myself for future use, especially if the dash pad is good)
Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM

Car: 1989 Trans am GTA
Engine: 305 TPI

i was wondering today what went down with your ride. you got a good price on it for sure. i'd love to help but i'm at an apt complex haha so no storage.

3rd gens are all over the valley right now for sale. it wont be too long to find one you like

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/sout...na-part-3.html

Last edited by Scootermunch; 04-29-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Car: 86 IROC-Z, '71 RS
Engine: 305 TPI/ 350
Transmission: 700R4/TH350

I will store it for you, at my house (Got 5 acres, so room isnt a problem.) I also have a car transport trailer and will transport it here for you. Just let me know what kind of replacement car you are looking for and I will help you. I'll PM you my number.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 PM

I think you mentioned that you just replaced the tires on the car. If you can show proof of the cost of the tires, you might be able to get more. I did that years ago. Wrecked a car soon after buying new tires and they gave me full credit for the tires.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 rs, 86 Trans Am
Engine: RS-V6... Trans Am-LG4
Transmission: RS-T5... Trans Am 700r4

it's not a stretch to say that just recovering new tires is worth the $475 to get the car back
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 AM

I'd find a decent roller and transfer all the parts over. It's your first car don't do something you'll regret.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:16 AM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5

You must be one of those people down here in FL that sits at a green arrow because the other lights are still red! What are they teaching you guys in driver's ed these days? Most people don't know how to merge, turn into the lane closest to them, keep right except to pass, etc. I see so many stories of people wrecking their cars these days and I'm starting to understand why. My son is 13 and after I'm done teaching him the rules of the road, I'm sending him to Bondurant to learn how to drive defensively and control the car in most situations.
Amen Brother! I'm so tired of people not turning INTO THE FIRST LANE, NOT yielding when merging onto the Interstate, waiting until they get to the end of the ramp to find a place to merge and lastly NOT driving the speed limit. It's posted 55 do 55 not 45!

Originally Posted by formulax4
This is retarded. Shouldn't such a common thing such as a green arrow be universal? Should a stop sign in one state mean go in another? I think that This could be challenge able from a whole new perspective.If you have the green arrow and someone else ran a stop light that proves fault period.You were doing what you were supposed to do,He wasn't.Seems pretty straight forward to me.Here is more insight.

http://www.drivingschool.ca/drivereducation/page16.html

From the looks of that stop light system it looks as though that's a protected green left turn light meaning you have the right of way.Even if you proceeded on a yellow that turned red while you was in the middle of the intersection it would STILL be the other drivers fault.In this scenario he would have had to "clip" the light and has to wait till the intersection clears to proceed even if his light was green.

28-771. Vehicle at intersection; exception; entering freeway
A. When two vehicles enter or approach an intersection from different streets or highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right. This subsection does not apply to vehicles approaching or entering an uncontrolled "T" intersection if the vehicle on the left is on a continuing street or highway and the vehicle on the right is on the terminating street or highway. The vehicle on the terminating street or highway shall yield to the vehicle on the continuing street or highway.
B. The right-of-way rule prescribed in subsection A of this section is modified at through highways and otherwise as stated in this article.
C. Intersecting road crossings between the main roadway of a freeway and acceleration lanes, ramps or any other approach roads are not intersections as defined in section 28-601, and subsection A of this section does not control questions of right-of-way at the crossings. A vehicle entering a freeway from an acceleration lane, a ramp or any other approach road shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle on the main roadway of the freeway entering the merging area at the same time.

I can say this much they always blame the driver of the sports car.If you buy a cavalier there's no worries about even being seen by law enforcement.

Might want to call a traffic attorney and he could help you the most and answer the questions you have.

Safe to turn with caution is a yellow arrow.
You would be suprised to how laws for things very from one state to another. I drive a truck for a living. Before I went local I drove in all of the lower 48 States and 3 Canadian Provinces. Just a few years ago it was not legal to turn right on red in Connecticut I believe. I remember it being posted where I worked that the law changed in one of those states up there.

I thought a solid green or yellow arrow was a sign you have the right-away. A blinking green or yellow arrow meant you have to yield. If you have a solid green or yellow arrow and making a U-turn you must yield the right of way to the cars turning right from the road to your left.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:22 AM

Car: 1985 IROC
Engine: 305
Transmission: A4

I was in a salvage yard yesterday that had a 89 IROC body in great shape, front clip still on the car. The interior was gone, rear axle gone. The body was as strait as they can be. very little or no rust. I think the rest was there. These two cars would make one nice IROC,, again
Mark
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Car: 86 camaro
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42

That's sad that had to happen at least you limp away , if that was me i would be going to jail for murdering a dumb a$$ , it's sad that you will never see it coming , just feel it .
Old 05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 GTA/93 S13/91 Si
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23

fix it! please? haha
Old 08-31-2012, 03:54 AM

Car: 1984 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: L69
Transmission: THM-700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Posi

any updates on what was done?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Christine Z28
Engine: RV Cam and Intake 350 SBC
Transmission: 5speed
Axle/Gears: 3.08 ls Posi

This almost happened to me last month, if I had been even a second slower I would've gotten T-boned, and my mother was in the passenger seat at the time. I was scared sh*tless from almost getting hit, I can only imagine how you feel getting hit and losing your first car. Sorry for your loss, but glad you're okay. Best of luck finding a new car!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 1983 BB 1995 Z28 Camaro's
Engine: 454-350
Transmission: TH350-4l60e
Axle/Gears: 373 posi-Stock

OMG she got twisted good, do you have the original radio?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Car: 1988 Iroc-Z tpi 5.7
Engine: ls2
Transmission: 4l80e
Axle/Gears: 3:42

its a thirdgen as painful as it may be to watch your first car and it being a thirdgen is hard you still have your life, be thankful to be breathing. you can replace a car but not lives man keep that in mind. hope you find another thirdgen and we shall meet you back once your up! keep the faith.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 PM

Car: 1985 Pontiac Trans Am SE
Engine: 305 Carb
Transmission: Stock Auto Transmission
Axle/Gears: Stock

Ouch.. Sorry Man. My Trans Am is My First Car and id be devistated if this happened to me...
Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Car: 86 WS6 5sp TA
Transmission: 5sp
Axle/Gears: posi

i never go through an intersection without checking for MORONS first..... i saw a woman do this exact same thing; right through the left-arrow turners. they just stopped for her and nobody even honked. people down here in florida are getting used to the zany, prescription drugged morons.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:29 AM

Car: 1990 Formula Firebird
Engine: 350 (5.7) TPI
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 POSI

Originally Posted by Stonehenge
Sorry to hear what happened.. really glad you are ok. If you take the louvers off your hood, and anything you can remove ANYTHING, get you another 3rd (believe me there are plenty out here!) and replace the louvers, and whatever else you could salvage and trust me, you'll feel like she's REBORN... especially the louvers, cause you see them almost every second you're looking out the window.. and everytime you drink a cold one, pour a little on the ground for your car "that's for my homey" (I've seen them do that on LOCKED UP)

Stone
No joke. I salvaged all I could from my old Bronco and it makes me smile when driving my truck to see my bright porno red Bronco dash right there with Bronco right here on it. Sitting in the same seats, my feet on the same carpet, watching the same tach... Looking at the front, knowing that is my Bronco's grille/headlights and license plate smiling back at me... Stuff like that makes you feel good.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 AM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 5.7 TPI

There is no right of the cop to 'decide' on anything. He is not Judge Dread! He takes a report, collects the evidence, measures the scene etc. the courts assign blame.
If one driver says 'I had the green arrow' and the other says 'I had the green light', one of them is not MORE at fault, ONE OF THEM IS LYING! Now I know that cops think our job in life is to make their jobs easier, but life doesn't work like that.
If the other driver RAN A RED LIGHT, that is the end of it. Now, if the cop is a lazy a$$, he might want to write it up so as to make HIS life easier, but his JOB is to collect the facts.

Here is what I found online at Arizona Defensive Driving:

'6. Green Arrow - The green arrow allows you to make a turn and assumes you have unobstructed use of the highway. There should be an awareness, however, of oncoming vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians. There should be no presumption of right-of-way based solely on the green arrow. A green arrow facing down indicates that you are allowed to drive in that particular lane.'

It says there should be no presumption of right of way 'based solely on the green arrow.' but from what the OP says, there was not- the other driver had a RED LIGHT. The green arrow gives you the same right as a straight green light. A red light means stop, not 'blow through the intersection if you think it is clear.' the other drivers statement confirms that- otherwise he would have said 'I had a red light, but it looked clear so I just blew through it- the other guy WHO HAD RIGHT OF WAY should have seen me.' he didn't. He said 'I had a green light.'
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Car: 1988 camaro
Engine: cammed 3.1
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42

This is the truth. I live in Jacksonville and at the end of July I was on my way home when some lady blew through the stop sign as I was entering the intersection since there was no stop for me and next thing I know I stopped the family mini van on her front fender (91 toyota previa/egg van). Luckily there was a witness because she even tried to get away. Waiting for the police to arrive she has her boyfriend show up with a bat the accident was HER fault and they were trying to start trouble.

Originally Posted by dragsta
i never go through an intersection without checking for MORONS first..... i saw a woman do this exact same thing; right through the left-arrow turners. they just stopped for her and nobody even honked. people down here in florida are getting used to the zany, prescription drugged morons.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Supreme Member

A few words for the boy friend, never bring a bat to a gun fight. Self defend one self conceal carry permit.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Engine: L03 5.0L
Transmission: 700R4 Auto

Originally Posted by Edwardgp
A few words for the boy friend, never bring a bat to a gun fight. Self defend one self conceal carry permit.
I'd love to see his face if he'd had a 9mm pointed at him lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Supreme Member

Now that's the spirit.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 AM

Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: Soon to be LS.
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: Need some

And thats why my 1911 goes every where with me.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS, 84 2.8 5speed
Engine: 305 5.0L
Transmission: Auto, 5 speed

Damn man, sorry for your loss, at least your ok. I couldn't imagine loosing my first car. Best of luck to you in the insurance claim. Hopefully this can be sorted out.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by carrelljustin
And thats why my 1911 goes every where with me.
A .45 ACP, even better!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Engine: 350 TPI

If anyone was curious basically what ended up happening was they gave me a total of $4200 for the totaled car. It WAS deemed the other drivers fault and he was ticketed. I though of pursuing further compensation but pretty much wanted to forget it all.

That $4200 bought me a 91 Z28 with 92,000 clean miles!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Supreme Member

Wonderful thanks for update, post up some pictures of the new one 85.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Stock

So sorry to hear about this....glad you got a new one
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Have to get right back on that saddle.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Car: 1991 Z28

It is so FREAKING awesome to hear that things worked out the way they should have, if the gods were in their heaven and this cop was doing his DAMN JOB! Sounds like, with the exception of a sore ankle, you came out on top! As one 91 Z28 owner to another- welcome to the club!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 377
Transmission: TH350; Circle D 4200 converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"

Originally Posted by 85IROCzzz
If anyone was curious basically what ended up happening was they gave me a total of $4200 for the totaled car. It WAS deemed the other drivers fault and he was ticketed. I though of pursuing further compensation but pretty much wanted to forget it all.

Nice job and great to see you took things well. Situations like yours are the reason I ALWAYS pause and look before taking the full turn. I've honestly saved people from serious accidents this way about 6 times now with cars going 55 MPH. Not saying you did anything wrong, but maybe this experience was a good thing. If you weren't a careful driver before, you probably are now.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:15 AM

Car: 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Transmission: 700R4 Overdrive Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1 Positraction

Sad about what happened to your first Camaro but hey as an owner of a '92 Z28 you got the Best most powerful of the Third Gens to make very good memories with
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 PM

Car: 86 T/A
Engine: 5.0 TPI

Originally Posted by drknow90rs_ss@y
Yes, I'm a commercial driver and I don't know the rules of the road.... *sigh*

ARS; 28-772 : "The driver of a vehicle within an intersection intending to turn left SHALL YIELD the right-of-way to a vehicle that is approaching from the opposite direction and that is within the intersection or so close as to constitute an immediate hazard."

Arizona does not have a "Protected turn, on green arrow" policy. It is seen as the drivers responsibility to prevent a potential accident. There are several law firms in phoenix that specialize in defending people who have recieved a citation for violating ARS; 28-772. (They claim a 7 percent success rate, for the most part.) Do a search for "Arizona revised left turn" If you would like to see more. My uncle is not wrong about this, and, by association, neither am I.
Wow people from all over the nation must crash a lot in Arizona!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 PM

Car: 64 Studebaker Avanti,67 ElCaminoTBI
Engine: GM 350 10.5:1 Supercharged
Axle/Gears: 3.54 posi

Nice your ok, I got all my part for my 1967 El Camino from a t-boned 1990 Camero 305 TBI, keep it and start looken for something to build.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 AM

Why do you have to say goodbye thirdgen? I haven't had my 82 for quite some time but still like seeing it being rebuild by the guy I sold it to in the netherlands.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Car: 88 GTA/86 C20 Burb/91 325i
Engine: L98/454/M20
Transmission: 700R4/NV4500/Getrag
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9-bolt/3.73 14 Bolt/3.73 IRS

You sir, got extremely lucky. The insurance company gave you top dollar for your car, and it sounds like you found a more than worthy replacement for the money (not to mention a gold-mine of spare parts in the totaled car).

I got t-boned in exactly the same situation last August while driving my '90 Suburban. I was the THIRD car in line turning left, and got hit by someone running the red light from the other direction. The speed limit in that area was 35mph, and he hit me so hard that it threw a 6,000lb vehicle backwards out the side street. Destroyed his 2001 F-150 (took the whole front end off, and cracked the engine block).

The other driver claimed he had a green light. I told the officer that I was the third car in line turning left on a green arrow, and had only seen the oncoming truck out of the corner of my eye as I was halfway through the four-lane intersection. The local police department refused to do an accident investigation because no-one was seriously injured. I asked the cop that worked the wreck how someone that was paying enough attention to the intersection to know whether the light was green or not managed to completely miss seeing 3 cars turning left in front of him. I also asked him how someone could have possibly done that much damage if they were doing anything close to the 35mph speed limit. He said the insurance would worry about that, that it wasn't his job.

The insurance company even came up with camera footage from a building several blocks away that showed me being the 3rd person through the intersection in a row. No dice though, because it didn't show the color of the lights... Insurance ended up giving me nothing. I slapped a trailer light on the side that got knocked out and drove it around for another 6 months until I got enough money saved up to buy another one. I got some strange looks driving that thing around...

How it didn't break the back window out or bust the axle, I'll never know. Those things sure are built tough.

-cal30sniper

Last edited by cal30_sniper; 10-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Supreme Member

The burb did get stoved in, interesting to look at.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM

You are seriously telling the Internet that you keep a gun in the console of your vehicle? That doesn't sound like a smart idea!!! Especially when you also have in your profile where you are located. You might want to edit that out!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Car: 1986 Z28
Engine: ZZ3

Glad you are okay. Still, hate to see that happen to any 3rd gen. Every time I take mine out I'm afraid of the same thing happening.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L +bolt ons
Axle/Gears: Moser forged, 3.73, SLP posi

You are seriously telling the Internet that you keep a gun in the console of your vehicle? That doesn't sound like a smart idea!!! Especially when you also have in your profile where you are located. You might want to edit that out!!!

I don't think local cops troll tgo looking for offenders in their town. And then go looking for the said vehicle. They probably have a couple other things more pressing.
Plus transporting your guns ins't a crime. How do you think people get to the gun range??
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by jensen73110

I don't think local cops troll tgo looking for offenders in their town. And then go looking for the said vehicle. They probably have a couple other things more pressing.
Plus transporting your guns ins't a crime. How do you think people get to the gun range??
I think what he's saying is that someone could bust into your car to get the gun. It can get a LOT worse from there, depending on the situation. That and a M1911 chambered in 10mm Auto is worth a pretty penny.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by IW-33
I think what he's saying is that someone could bust into your car to get the gun. It can get a LOT worse from there, depending on the situation. That and a M1911 chambered in 10mm Auto is worth a pretty penny.
That's exactly what I'm saying!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '72 Chevy Nova
Engine: Solid roller 355
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 8.5" 10-bolt 3.73 Posi

I'm glad everything worked out for you, sounds like for the better! I'm jealous of your new ride