Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Dent in driver front fender + scratches

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine: 305 T.B.I.
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Open Diff
Dent in driver front fender + scratches

I hit a sign being an idiot and there is a dent in the front driver side fender and a lot of scratches + the mirror is bent and flimsy. How would I fix something like this? I will post closer pictures tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Dent in driver front fender + scratches-picture-025.jpg  
Old 05-22-2008, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dent in driver front fender + scratches

Save yourself a headache and locate a new fender. The door can be fixed but you would need to remove the side marker to repaint it and at that point you might as well just shave it and shoot the car with a different color that doesn't make you look like a fruit booter...
J/K the color is not all that bad, fix door, buy fender. If you have no experience with this sort of thing I would say find your fender prime it and take it to a shop. Hell, Macco (This is a curse word for me) could shoot the paint for you if you just bring them the parts.

On a side note, my car has a big @$$ dent in the drivers side fender from the previous owner, then I have seen at least three other posts recently where people have or have had a right side fender damage... WTF? Is there a drivers side fender denting gremlin somewhere?