Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Firebird w/Camaro styled fixed headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6
Re: Firebird w/Camaro styled fixed headlights

Originally Posted by Stephen
Notice it? It was my screen background after you posted it!

The site I got that pic (camaro headlighted firebird) from lists the IMSA style fenders for a Firebird, but no price. I guess they have been disconued, which had makes me wanna try to get at least the rear quarters for a Camaro, then just put in the Firebiard side marers & fill the notches in for the Camaro taillights. But then, I'd hafta get new wheels or have my rear ones widened.
Was my background for quite a while also. You'd be better off having yours widened as it's only a few hundred $$ as apposed to the thousands you'll spend on wheels that wide. If you do think about having them widened and actually call a place that does it, let me know what they quote you as i've been thinking about it as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
Was my background for quite a while also. You'd be better off having yours widened as it's only a few hundred $$ as apposed to the thousands you'll spend on wheels that wide. If you do think about having them widened and actually call a place that does it, let me know what they quote you as i've been thinking about it as well.
I WAS going to check out a local place, in Austin, that advertises it, but not after talking to somebody who has gone there.

I would hafta put my crosslaces back on, and ship 2 of my Snypers off. Not that big of a deal. At least I still have my crosslaces to put on! 2 need tires though, but thats not really a big deal.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 02wrx/88 rs
Engine: 2.0L turbo/nothing yet!
Transmission: 4eat/waiting on a t56
Axle/Gears: 3.73

i know this is an old post but i wonder if this would work on a camaro?
i like this better than the one on the grey camaro you always see. i like the race car look. and if i need to use my iroc wheels i can put spacers on. i hink it would look good with a good set of deep dish wheels. or the zo6 motorsport wheels i want. jsut thinkng what i wanna do tome next camaro. i accedently totaled mine..... i know i know
Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Car: 1988 Firebird
Engine: soon to be 3.4/3400

Ive thought about doing the same thing as you stephen, with the widened camaro quarter panels. Not really sure how good it would look to widen only the rear quarters... But it could turn out looking really good. Guess i would have to see a pic.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by bmxerboi221
Ive thought about doing the same thing as you stephen, with the widened camaro quarter panels. Not really sure how good it would look to widen only the rear quarters... But it could turn out looking really good. Guess i would have to see a pic.
Would be like Neils car, except he went straight back, not a "bubble" flare. But I don't see a way to do it to Firebirds, because of the tail lights, short of having gaps between the 3 sections.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Car: 91 firebird formula
Engine: TPI L98 350

Going for the mad max look? I can dig it.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Trans Am 'vert
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt

Seeing how most aftermarket body kits for these thirdgens are complete abominations, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that I DIDN'T throw up in my mouth a little when I saw this one. Still not the prettiest thing out there, but I wonder if this project was ever completed, and if pictures of it exist if that's the case. I can actually imagine it looking rather decent when it's done.