Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Got pulled over for no front plate and window tint :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89
Re: Got pulled over for no front plate and window tint :(

Cops can be cool if you cooperate. First time I got pulled over, I went wide open in a residential (Bad idea I know, but I just tuned it wanted to see if it was running better) Cop heard me and pulled me over right when I was about to pull into my driveway. Sirens going and everything. He said I was going a little too fast ( he saw me slowing down to turn into my driveway) and said it sounded really good, and that he didn't believe in screwing people over and making my insurance go up. He told me he liked my car and it sounded good. He then asked what my father would do if he knew I got puller over? I tald him I am about to find out because I live right there ( I pulled up along the curb, not in the driveway), He said ohh, and left. Haha, my dad didn't even notice that the lights were hitting my house and everything. He came out with his arms crossed and 1st thing I said was, I didn't get a ticket and he said, " You go pulled over!?!, I said no, just kidding and I told him all about it. He didn't care too much, he told me next time to go out to the air port.

Last time though was when I got a speed Contest. I was messing around with my friend Adam in his trans am (thirdgen) and I got a speed contest, 40 in a 35. Luckily, I didn't get arrested and didn't get my car impounded. I was really lucky because I was out past curfew, and had passengers (not allows untill you have had your license for a year or are older than 18). End result was, no points on my record, or a fine. I got into a diversion class and paid $30 to get into and that is it. I have been very fortunate.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi

Actually putting the plate in the window is drawing more attention than not having one anywhere on the front. A lot of cops really don't care about our cars not having the front, we get lumped in with the Vettes...it is a wasted ticket because in court the judge is just going to ask did you comply and of course you will say yes...but if you are getting other tickets then it is an add on...tint is a different situation...
Old 11-28-2007, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: open 3.23

I've had both good and bad luck with cops around here... true stories. (Swears on mothers grave...)

My first run-in with the cops was when I was sixteen (almost 2 1\2 yrs ago.) I was hauling @$$ in my 96 Jeep Cherokee. We all decided to do a burnout at the local Sonic... Bad Idea! I started at the back turn and swung around the other side only to find the local police chief waiting on the other side.

(total tickets = 0)

My second run-in was bright-Lighting a constable with my moms camry (Bright as Heck Halogens.)

(total tickets = 0)

My third was doing a burnout at night, only to be caught by the same constable from a few weeks before. I didn't have liscense, insurance, or registration in the jeep at the time. I was bummed... went to court and got off of the charges.

(total tickets = 0)

Fourth would be doing 58mph in the 25mph in front of a high school at 2am. I got off cause I worked at the diner and made the dudes taco salad earlier and he must've liked it...

(total tickets = 0)

Fifth would have to be drifting in the Tinseltown parking lot at midnight. I knew my luck must be running thin so i was tense... but came out clean again...

(total tickets = 0)

By this time I was wondering "Why am i getting away with soo much?".....
....but the story goes on.

Sixth incident.
Was going through a 55mph curve at 58mph and a state trooper coming opposite of me did a U and pulled me over. I knew I was in trouble then...
Turns out my grandma knew him, heard the report on the scanner, called his cell, and he let me free.

(total tickets = 0)

Seventh and the best was this saturday, the 24th. Was going down military (Arkansas' Vegas Strip.) Pulled next to a cop waiting for some green lights. Green! I decide to wait a sec or two and let the cop get ahead. Just some precaution. But No! He sits there till I go a quarter mile up, Starts flashing and blazes up the road and pulls me over.
At this point I know I've done nothing wrong, and just couldn't wait to hear what this dude has to say. "Why'd you run that red light sir???"
What!!!
Total BS!!!

Turns out the dude knew he was lying, and probably wasn't gonna go to court for it, but still proves that some cops can be total d**ks....

In the end I haven't had a single ticket and I'm looking at the computer screen thinking, "This probably doesn't achieve anything, but it takes a load off my chest..."

So there you go. For some reason I posted this thinking someone might find it interesting...... LOL!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 AM

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: 355ci L98 soon to be turbo'd
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 posi

I've gone to jail for speeding...and one exact year later, the same arresting officer pulls me over for speeding...not as bad...but we both had a good laugh when we realized who each other was. I told him that at that rate, I should be doing the speed limit in 2 yrs...laughed some more, but still got a ticket... I've found State Troopers everywhere to be the biggest hardasses. Local county cops typically are more lenient if you give them respect and don't bs...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 5.7

Not all cops are bad, just the ones who have something to prove, now troopers on the other hand are for the most part *****, I saw one here in texas making a guy strip his tint on the side of the highway. Ive also heard storys of cops taking a razor blade and scratching the tint since it was illegal, so you haft to get it redone, that there would drive me wild.

If your window was down he should of let it be, sounds like he was bored. Dont worry about the back tint if its legal there, he just didnt like it so he probally said that, ive gotten that one before to, but my sides are legal here at 35% and I heard it just changed to 20 here, not sure?

As for the front plate you do haft to have one where im at in texas, but I havent been pulled over yet, A lot of the guys in my car club put theres in the window but like somebody already said that draws more attention, but it is legal here....

Good luck with everything man
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 90 Firebird Formula
Engine: LO3
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 one wheel peel

My buddy bought his 3000GT with limo tint on it, and made it al the way from Providence to his hometown in Mass. before he got pulled over. The cop gave him a bunch of BS kinda like that video of the commuter lot. Then, the cop peeled the tint off the windows on the side of the road. My buddy wasnt so mad, because the tint was so dark he was having trouble seeing (but he had just bought the car that way).

But to top things off, since the cop knew he had just bought the car, the cop reached in, took the keys out of the ignition, and threw them into the woods pretty far! It took mike and his dad like 3 days to find the keys in the woods, after the GT was towed home.

They tried to file a complaint, but the officer denied any such actions. Also, when he pulled behind and parked, he angled the cop car so the *** end was out in the road "for officer safety." Well, the complaint never went through because when they reviewed the video feed from the cop car, they just got a video of the lawn.

As for the front plate thing, I do think we kind of get lumped in with the vettes. Maybe moreso firebirds than 'maro's. But if you are driving reckess or just acting stupid, they will still pull you over.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 5.7L V8
Transmission: auto

Got pulled over once for no front plate- told the cop that my car didn't COME with one and since it is 17 years old, I couldn't very well go back to GM and complain...he bought it (seems he had been called out to my house during my divorce and knew what a @#$% my ex-wife is, so he let me off...).

Got a ticket WHILE PARKED for no front plate a couple of weeks ago. Talked to a deputy who went through the California ordiance with me and thought that a front windshield mounted plate would work.

So, I went to Walmart, found some soap dishes that mount with plastic suckers, bought two, removed the suction cups and attached them to the licence plate- TA DAH! Works [perfectly to mount the plate to the corner of the windshield].

next step- get it passed; have the ticket 'signed off' and then hurl the plate into the trunk- careful not to scratch the rear hatch window tint!!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

You guys are all telling your hard luck stories, we all have them. But back to the topic....

The front plate being a law is dumb, I agree, but it isn't a big deal to install the bracket. My car came with a front plate as mandated by the state of Minnesota. I took the plate off now and put small plugs the size of the holes in the holes. You can't tell they are there. The window tint is obvious. If the law states 50% on the sides, anybody knowledgable in this area, which cops would be, can tell that your tint is between 5% and 12%. You can see thru 35%, so 50% would have a slight tint to it but can be seen thru. SUVs and pickups come with 20% tint on the back. Again, you can see thru it, just not as easy. A cop pulling you over for being too dark does not require him to test it in your case, it's obvious!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 PM

So, I know that a lot has been said, but I just want to add a few things.

First off, my father was a police officer for 26 years. Since I drive a Camaro and am probably one of the biggest offenders of the traffic laws, I just want to say a few things.

1. Jersey probably has the strictest vehicle laws regarding tint and plates. We HAVE to have a front plate, and not in the window. There are definately holders that you can get that will attach to your front bumper with out hole drilling. How do you think that black insert that says "Camaro" stays on?

2. For those of you who mentioned the tint on SUVs from the factory - it is a tinted glass, NOT a film that is added (usually). This means that the factory has tinted the glass for the legal limit and shipped it to a state that it is legal in. Just like cars without the front brackets for the plate. They are built for specific states or regions. Jersey allows for 10% tint in the rear window, 10% on the sides, and NONE on the windshield. (unless it is registered as a limo).

3. Violating either one of these is a pull overable offense. The cop sees it, he can pull you over and ticket. At that point, if you mouth off, get ready for more tickets.

4. For those who want really dark tint - do you live on the sun? How the hell do you see out the back and sides at night?

Finally, let me say this - being a cop is a thankless job that for the most part pays nothing. These guys have to deal with uppity people and basically the scum of society. As they are walking up to your car, they are assuming the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO. So, when you encounter one, give them a reason to think of you as a nice guy who made a mistake. Call them sir, make no sudden movments, give them what they want, and if at night, turn your interior light on so that they can see everything in the car. Keep your hands on the wheel until you need to move.

It will keep you from getting extra tickets and shot. It makes them relax, which is the ultimate goal.

That being said, just because a man (or woman) wears a badge, does not mean that they are not a jerk. They are people like you and I and are subject to bad days, fights with families, poor driving skills, bad attitudes, and whatever else you can think of.

I got pulled over by an NJ State Trooper, in a Camaro with no exhaust, no front plate, not inspected, and no registration.

He let me drive away with a warning, because I did all that. He relaxed, I relaxed, and he realized that I had made a mistake, and was not trying to "Fight the law."

Keep that in mind next time you get pulled over.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Just to clarify, NJ does not allow 10% on the sides. I lived in Jersey back when the tint law was enacted allowing for no tint on the sides or windshield. The back and back seat windows are the only windows allowed to have any tint. The reason for no driver or passenger window tint was because a police officer (LoMonaco) was gunned down when he pulled a car over regarding a routine traffic stop. He was shot because he couldn't see in the windows.

When I lived in Jersey, the state troopers seemed to be more level headed. The local town cops were all arrogant. My brother in law was one of those arrogant jerks and I have no respect for him, however, the cops do put up with a lot of crap. They are always thinking that this could be another jerk. So be cool and they will be cool right back once they know there is nop threat of confrontation.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:44 PM

When did you live in Jersey? I could have sworn that they allowed some tint on the front side windows. I know the NEVER allowed it on the windshield...

Hmph. Maybe I'm wrong....

Not to argue, but it seems that the arrogance of the officers depends on the arrogance of the chief or sherriff in charge of that department. The Passaic County Sherriff's Department are some of the biggest P.I.T.A.s on the street, and it's all because the Passaic County Sherriff is a braying jackass. So, all the other deputies take their cues from him.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 350
Transmission: T56

Originally Posted by yusky03
first of all i have to let out some frustration and say i hate cops (if a cop is reading this im sorry but you anoy me) i know they are suppose to protect the innocent but all they do is drive me crazy and they are all *******s... now to the point i just got pulled over for no front plate and window tint and i need to know were to get a plate mount for my car. I have a 91 camaro z28. Also he told me to stip my back window too but i looked it up and it is legal to have any tint in back window and 50% in side windows. here are some pics of my car what % tint do you think i have i bought the car this way. also he pulled me over when i was driveing with my drivers side window down. as long as i have my windows down what is the poblem?

ps
this kind of crap makes me want to move i love my car they way it is i was not hurting anyone by doing this. Why is window tint illegal anyway? WHAT HAPPEND TO LAND OF THE FREE i can call bush a ******* but i can't tint my windows in my car WTF!!

edit
also i read that somone got off the ticket in court because his car did not come with a front plate mount stock

Wtf? unless you got the car with the window tint like that, they cant do jack squat, mine is just about as dark as yours, maybe even darker, but I drive my car with the licence plates up where the window is at. (but maybe the laws here are different, who knows) but I do sorta aggree with police, but not all are too bad, four different police officers gave me just warnings, for screwing around and times I havent the police cant really give you a big ticket for not having your plates up on the fender, atleast thier seen, it shouldnt be a problem..
Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 PM

i have my plate in my window now and they do not bug me anymore.

so most likely they will pull you over for something else before they pull you over for tint. then if they feel like being dicks will tack on the tint. But anyway the last time i drove my car before i put it up for winter was yesterday and i hit a deer and chiped a bunch of paint off no body damage think god
Old 12-04-2007, 11:04 PM

ah wow...
yeah that's great it didnt dent the car, sounds like you dont have the best luck.. (sorry) well... I do recall one time, I was revving my car, (has true duel glasspacks exhaust) it was more likely showing off to friends... course.. everyone loved my car in school, then I had to transfer, but anyway, an officer got after me, and they were telling me that the glasspacks I have on my car are car shows, and extreme performance only, not street legal, but she let me a warning and not to do it again..

I already knew that she was pretty much blowing smoke when she told me that my exhaust is illegal.. sorta just dumb to try to make beleive something like that, when I did my background checking on it.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LS1383 in work
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen 3.73, 28-spline mosers

Originally Posted by ryan91rs
I've been on the AB and the only restriction is when it rains or bad conditions then it's 120kph or about 70mph. At least when i was there and it does not matter, i'll just go on when it's unlimited. and if a cop ever hit me then i would give him a reason to use the mace, tazer billy club and then call for backup. LOL.
I came back to the US in 2005 after being stationed in Germany for 4 years. While there are still some stretches of the Autobahn that truly have no speed limit (Cirucular sign, gray edging, three lines diagonal through it--greatest sign in the world if you've ever seen it muahaha!!), over 80% of the Autobahn and anywhere within 30 miles of a city (40k plus population), has a restriction of 130kph (80mph) or slower. Bad weather it's 130kph or lower but the signs will let you know.

In fact, when I left in May 05, they were considering putting in laws that made the speed limit 130kph everywhere on the autobahn due to the severity of the accidents at the higher speeds.

Then again, I do like the fact that on the autobahn, it is the slower guys fault in the accident. hehe "MOVE RIGHT" is the law if you aren't the fastest on the road. And trust me, no matter what you drive, you're not the fastest on the road. hehe.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 AM

just thought id post my story since everyone else did. lol

anyway im now 18 and ive been pulled over 6 times. including to speeding, 2 wreckless ops, license plate lights out, headlight out. not one of these was in my 3rdgen.

i got pulled goin 13 over in a 55 by a statie. he let me go. i started the car song doesnt even change on my cd player and i got more lights behind me. lol a sherrif,55 in a 35 , he says didnt u just get pulled over 2 minutes ago.i say yes sir i did. im sorry. he lets me go.

next i get pulled over by a sherriff for my license plate lights and he suspects im drinking ( i wasnt) he ended up letting me go.

next a town cop does a uey then runs a red light to pull me over in my driveway for my headlight being out. just says get it fixed as soon as i can i say ok and he lets me go.

next my little bro is slow before school and is going to make me late. its very cold and snowy so when we get to the car i can see out the back window AT ALL so i back up and take off fast being that its snowy my tires are SPINNIN. there was a sherriff about 3 feet behind me but i couldnt see him cause my window was iced. when i did finally see the lights i pulled over and he lets me go for the wreckless operation and neither of us had our belts on. but i only live a mile from the school.

the last time was a few days ago for wreckless op. im driving through town and cops are VERY numerous where i live so i always go 25 exactly. but old people cant drive. not saying all of them but many couldnt pass the test again if they tried. anyway some old guy starts riding my ***. im pretty much a **** too so i slow down even more to about 15mph. but once i get to the red light i take off fast to hopefully put some space between us. statie pops out from behind some cars and gets me. he let me go for the wreckless but says to fix my exhaust and i got a seatbelt ticket. i got news for him im not fixin the exhaust on my beater because it has 260,000 miles on it. and i leave in a month for the marines and wont be driving anyhow.
all in all i dont mind the cops around here at all. ive always been respectfull when i get pulled over and they alway treat me with respect back.
i have to pay my seatbelt ticket by tomarrow though or my license gets suspended. anyone got 65 bucks? lol
Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '91 Camaro Z28, '85 Camaro Z28
Engine: LB9, LB9
Transmission: T5, 700r4
Axle/Gears: Eaton 3.73 Posi, 3.23 Posi

Originally Posted by DillonRager
just thought id post my story since everyone else did. lol

anyway im now 18 and ive been pulled over 6 times. including to speeding, 2 wreckless ops, license plate lights out, headlight out. not one of these was in my 3rdgen.

i got pulled goin 13 over in a 55 by a statie. he let me go. i started the car song doesnt even change on my cd player and i got more lights behind me. lol a sherrif,55 in a 35 , he says didnt u just get pulled over 2 minutes ago.i say yes sir i did. im sorry. he lets me go.

next i get pulled over by a sherriff for my license plate lights and he suspects im drinking ( i wasnt) he ended up letting me go.

next a town cop does a uey then runs a red light to pull me over in my driveway for my headlight being out. just says get it fixed as soon as i can i say ok and he lets me go.

next my little bro is slow before school and is going to make me late. its very cold and snowy so when we get to the car i can see out the back window AT ALL so i back up and take off fast being that its snowy my tires are SPINNIN. there was a sherriff about 3 feet behind me but i couldnt see him cause my window was iced. when i did finally see the lights i pulled over and he lets me go for the wreckless operation and neither of us had our belts on. but i only live a mile from the school.

the last time was a few days ago for wreckless op. im driving through town and cops are VERY numerous where i live so i always go 25 exactly. but old people cant drive. not saying all of them but many couldnt pass the test again if they tried. anyway some old guy starts riding my ***. im pretty much a **** too so i slow down even more to about 15mph. but once i get to the red light i take off fast to hopefully put some space between us. statie pops out from behind some cars and gets me. he let me go for the wreckless but says to fix my exhaust and i got a seatbelt ticket. i got news for him im not fixin the exhaust on my beater because it has 260,000 miles on it. and i leave in a month for the marines and wont be driving anyhow.
all in all i dont mind the cops around here at all. ive always been respectfull when i get pulled over and they alway treat me with respect back.
i have to pay my seatbelt ticket by tomarrow though or my license gets suspended. anyone got 65 bucks? lol
Is it really that hard to pull that strap over your shoulder and click the thing? and why are you doing 55 in a 35 anyway? Keep your car in good condition and drive with respect and you won't get pulled over.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 305 TPI conversion.
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi 4th gen rear

in Georgia a front license plate is not issued, therefore it is not required by law. window tint cannot be darker than 32%, which is verified by a properly calibrated tiny meter. if you are not a resident of this state, but are driving within the roadways of this state, you are required to comply with any of the state laws.

there are bad cops out there. there are good cops out there. its no different than good people and bad people the cops deal with. sometimes good cops and good people suffer from the bad cops and bad people.

i enjoy my third gens and being apart of this board. prior to my camaros and firebirds, ive had mini trucks, tuners, and 4x4's.

ive been a cop for thireteen years. the only traffic i deal with are those who want my attention. i dont care what you drive. i dont care how old you are.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by tonys91rs
if you are not a resident of this state, but are driving within the roadways of this state, you are required to comply with any of the state laws.
Your trying to tell me...If I'm just passing through the state, I'm supposed to stop, strip mt tint, and carry on?

I find it HIGHLY unlikely, that would...

#1, even happen (give a ticket to an out-of-state passer through
#2, the ticket would even hold up in court

I can see new state residents having to change their tint to comply, but not passers-through the state.

And, is there no medically exemption, to the tint laws? I know cops don't like to tell anyone, and it can't be found on public records, that are easily searchable. but here in Texas, there is such an exemption. I myself, have one.

When I'm feeling like a ****, and the cop hasn't ZERO to give me grief over, I let him run his tint meter. When he says it's too dark, I pull out my letter. Really pisses them off, that I didn't pull it out BEFORE they tested!

Last edited by Stephen; 12-10-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '91 Formula
Transmission: TH350 built
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I remember reading about a front plate holder someone on this sight made that bolts to the underside of the front somehow, maybe the underside of the front piece, and then comes up at a 90 degree angle to hold the plate. That way you don't have to drill holes in the front bumper cover. I bet you could find it with a search.

I don't have a front plate and I haven't had a problem here in Texas. I don't drive my car much though. My son has a 90 firebird and puts his front plate on the dash. He drives his car every day and has not been hassled.

I guess cops here are concentrating on more important things like street racers,
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by Larry Dunlap
I remember reading about a front plate holder someone on this sight made that bolts to the underside of the front somehow, maybe the underside of the front piece, and then comes up at a 90 degree angle to hold the plate. That way you don't have to drill holes in the front bumper cover. I bet you could find it with a search.
Mine?

My TGO thread

I'm not the first to make one, I've just never seen anyone post it in on here, before me.

Last edited by Stephen; 12-10-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: TPIS II Supercharged w/Nitrous
Transmission: 700R4 Probuilt
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Richmond 12 Bolt

Most states will cite you on the spot for putting your plate in the windshield as they consider it obstructing your view. Most states only allow registrations, state inspections if required and the factory sun shade which is usually no more than 4 inches from the top of your windshield, and that is it. If you check most side and rear windows, they come factory with I believe 35% light emitted windows. That is the legal limit is most states and that is what the factory defaults as. There are certain states that allow limo or blackout to 2% or 5% light emitted. Normally most state laws dictate even if you have a rear view mirror you can black out your back window **only if you have a passenger and drivers side mirror**. Even though police don't like that. I am running illegal in N.Y. state as I run 5% limo. I do at all times run with the side windows down while driving as it takes time to tint and I don't want to scrape it again. I keep the plate next to the drivers seat which isn't the smartest place for it. Eventually, I will get caught and have to put it on the front. I just can't see mounting it on the front.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by DBLTKE
Is it really that hard to pull that strap over your shoulder and click the thing? and why are you doing 55 in a 35 anyway? Keep your car in good condition and drive with respect and you won't get pulled over.
dont take that the wrong way i usually do wear mr seatbelt but the one time i was going to school its a mile to the the school. the time i got the seat belt ticket i went to the bank then to napa( maybe a mile round trip) so i didnt really think about it. and i can fidure out why seatbelts are a law if i want to die in a wreck it should be my choice. any how i do wear my belt when i leave the 25mph zone. and to explain that 55 in the 35 the limit had just changed going into a town and i didnt notice. i wasnt just being an idiot! i hate it when other kids my age go flying through town.