Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Did u have a Thirdgen in highschool?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.
Engine: 385 stroker sbc
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 Wavetrac
Re: Did u have a Thirdgen in highschool?

There nothing better than parking inbetween a Mercedes and a Lexus and still drawing the most attention.
Same here, it's the color of my paint that draws the most attention, along with the gold lace wheels, nvm the performance to back it all up. The young crowd, mid crowd, and older crowd all love it. 3rd gens are just a very attractive car. Especially the GTA's and Irocz's .
Old 01-10-2010, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.77

Originally Posted by Stangski09
Same here, it's the color of my paint that draws the most attention, along with the gold lace wheels, nvm the performance to back it all up. The young crowd, mid crowd, and older crowd all love it. 3rd gens are just a very attractive car. Especially the GTA's and Irocz's .
agreed. i dont know about you guys, but i think the shape of the body and the stance of thirdgens are almost like older ferraris. they just look awesome and aggressive.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM

245s front and rear, nice low slung stance. Just sexy cars. I honestly can't say that I like a GTA more than an Iroc, because both are just awesome looking. I prefer the GTA interior more though.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 305 (LG4)
Transmission: 700R4

I got my 1987 Camaro Sport Coupe with the LG4 December 4 2000 when I was in 10th grade. I drove it for 4 years then traded it for my mom's Dodge Intrepid so I would have a car that got better gas mileage while I was in collage. my parents kept the car for another few years, and then my best friend bought it form my dad. he still has it and said i can buy it back when ever I want and I have gotten back into the third gen craving again. I want my old car back.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 AM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 360
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I got mine 2 years ago when I just turned 17, it was given to me by my grandad. The sad thing is that I started homeschooling after 9th so I didn't get to go to school and show off.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 355 4bbl
Transmission: tko 600
Axle/Gears: 12bolt 3.73

Still in high school. my daily driver is a 87 formula 305 and i have a 87 camaro 355
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 85 IROCZ
Engine: 350 TPI with a fast EZ efi
Transmission: t-5 conversion
Axle/Gears: 3;42

When I was a senior in high school I had a 67 RS/SS camaro damn wish I had that car now
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM

When I was a senior in high school I had a 67 RS/SS camaro damn wish I had that car now
Thats boss
Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Car: 86 Trans Am
Engine: 305 - Stock
Transmission: Auto

I had a thirdgen in High school. It was an 85 fire bird... Wait I have a pic:

LoL! The car is 10x bigger than me.. I look like a dork too. I got screwed on my paint job.. It was suppose to be dark blue and I got some sweet silver and blue **** job. Then they went out of business.Had to sell her (in MD) before I moved to Arizona. Then I had no car for freaking 5-6 years! How did I do it.

But I finally got a thirdgen again. 86.... dark blue... It's like my high school car brought back from the dead.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 PM

What year was that pic taken? You look small for high school.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Car: 86 Trans Am
Engine: 305 - Stock

lol. I know... uhhh 04 i think
Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Car: 1991 trans am
Engine: LB9 tpi
Axle/Gears: 2.73

i had an 87 firebird with a 2.8 and an auto,
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 camaro RS
Engine: currently swapping 5.3
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: soon to be 4:11

i bought this car in 8th grade for 600 bucks, it didn't run and barely had an interior. me and my dad have been working on this car when ever we could, i had to pay for everything working at mcdonalds while going to school. i even kept imsurence on it so i could drive it to car shows while we were working on it, i didn't care that it looked horrible. im a senoir now and ive been drivin the car for about a month, everyone at my school loves it. next step is a mild 355 TBI. its a 91 305 rs. almost everything is new except the motor and trans, i have 4th gen seats, under glow lights, i have a full pillar gauge set(not on yet) i have a grille in it now, these pics were taking when we got the wheels on. i have h4 headlights. all new weather stripping. all the plastic in the car was trashed by the peopel who had it before me. i don't understand why people get camaros and rag them out- they scrapted the radiator out of the car?? thats why it didn't run.lol the first day it was done, pulling up and school was amazing!!!!!!!

Name:  Picture013.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  186.8 KB
Name:  Picture011.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  239.6 KBName:  Picture007.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  112.8 KB
Last edited by bigal's1991; 01-30-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: i got the pictures to work.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 PM

Beauty.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 2.77

Originally Posted by bigal's1991
i bought this car in 8th grade for 600 bucks, it didn't run and barely had an interior. me and my dad have been working on this car when ever we could, i had to pay for everything working at mcdonalds while going to school. i even kept imsurence on it so i could drive it to car shows while we were working on it, i didn't care that it looked horrible. im a senoir now and ive been drivin the car for about a month, everyone at my school loves it. next step is a mild 355 TBI. its a 91 305 rs. almost everything is new except the motor and trans, i have 4th gen seats, under glow lights, i have a full pillar gauge set(not on yet) i have a grille in it now, these pics were taking when we got the wheels on. i have h4 headlights. all new weather stripping. all the plastic in the car was trashed by the peopel who had it before me. i don't understand why people get camaros and rag them out- they scrapted the radiator out of the car?? thats why it didn't run.lol the first day it was done, pulling up and school was amazing!!!!!!!

Last edited by bigal's1991; 01-30-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: i got the pictures to work.
you did a nice job!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Car: BMW 330i ///M Sport
Engine: M54 DOHC I6
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Stock

Yeah, got the '92 RS my Senior year. I got made fun of every day, people said teal was gay, 305 is retarded, it's a hillbilly ride, it's only has 100 horsepower, all this other crap. I got it everyday, and when I walked by a group of people, someone would yell "Camaro!" or someone in the group would be like "I got a Camaro, I'm so cool". Funny thing is no one ever gave me crap about anything, until I got the Camaro. It was a Florida car with lower miles, around 112k I believe, and no rust. It was in pretty good shape, too. Some people were cool about it, the car guys were nice, asked about, wanted to see it and work on it, but the majority of the other guys were a$$holes. Girls liked the car

I think it was more a jealousy thing than anything.

I got a full day in school suspension one time because the second day I had the car, I was so proud, it was a school day that day and I drove it to school. It got keyed. Turned out that I had my connections, found out who it was. It was one of the biggest losers in the school, a guy named Collin. White guy, thought he was "gangsta" wore his pants down by his ankles and did a ton of drugs. I found him the next day and threw him (he was a small guy) head first into a locker and he started crying... as far as I'm concerned, he got off easy, he actually ended up moving a few months later.

Some people were cool with it, some people were jealous and were a$$holes about it, and most people, well they didn't really care lol.

Clean car though, very nice!!!

This is mine, I still have it!
Name:  Camaro2008114.jpg
Size:  110.0 KB
Name:  Camaro2008098.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  94.6 KB

Last edited by ThreeOhFive; 02-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Car: 84 15th anniversary Trans Am
Engine: 305 H.O. L69
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by ThreeOhFive
Yeah, got the '92 RS my Senior year. I got made fun of every day, people said teal was gay, 305 is retarded, it's a hillbilly ride, it's only has 100 horsepower, all this other crap. I got it everyday, and when I walked by a group of people, someone would yell "Camaro!" or someone in the group would be like "I got a Camaro, I'm so cool". Funny thing is no one ever gave me crap about anything, until I got the Camaro. It was a Florida car with lower miles, around 112k I believe, and no rust. It was in pretty good shape, too. Some people were cool about it, the car guys were nice, asked about, wanted to see it and work on it, but the majority of the other guys were a$$holes. Girls liked the car

I got a full day in school suspension one time because the second day I had the car, I was so proud, it was a school day that day and I drove it to school. It got keyed. Turned out that I had my connections, found out who it was. It was one of the biggest losers in the school, a guy named Collin. White guy, thought he was "gangsta" wore his pants down by his ankles and did a ton of drugs. I found him the next day and threw him (he was a small guy) head first into a locker and he started crying... as far as I'm concerned, he got off easy, he actually ended up moving a few months later.

Some people were cool with it, some people were jealous and were a$$holes about it, and most people, well they didn't really care lol.

Dude I would have done the same thing...except he wouldn't have got off easier
Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by massaku
Dude I would have done the same thing...except he wouldn't have got off easier
Lol oh, you should have heard the sound his head made when his head hit the locker... if he had any brain cells left, they were gone after that!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Lol oh, you should have heard the sound his head made when his head hit the locker... if he had any brain cells left, they were gone after that!
If anyone ever does that to me they arent going to have enough brain cells to cry anymore
Old 02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Trans Am 'vert
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt

Gangster named COLLIN?!

That's what happens dude. It's all because they're jealous. I'm just really happy that you found the guy and taught him a lesson because whenever I hear about people's pride and joys (their cars) get keyed... a small part of me dies. Did he pay for the repair? I got crap with my 91 T/A convertible the first day I brought it to school (last october actually). Some people were impressed... others not so much (including a 10th grader with his fictional '68 mustang GT). If the paint was decent on my car, it might've gotten keyed as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Dude, my 88 GTA was king car of the school, besides an 02 rsx type s w/ a supercharger, until I beat him on yellowhead trail. But everyone was cool about it, few guys were jealous but never gave me a rough time. I seriously think if anybody touched my car or anything I wouldnt throw their head in a locker (although that is effing sweet!) I think id give them a meaty right hook and toss them through their own car window.
When it comes to my car, nobody messes with it or they get messed.
I like that teal colour. It's a rare one is it not?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM

Car: 92 firebird gta
Engine: L98 with minor mods.
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I had a 85 with v6 in 92 my senior year,but my brother wrecked it. I have had 2 others since then a 89 t top car with a 355 and a carb best time(12.85) at 108. Now I have a 92 gta 5.7 tpi this one is my baby, it is slower than my 89 but it still ok. best time (13.90) but it is almost stock ,mods to come soon.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Dude, my 88 GTA was king car of the school, besides an 02 rsx type s w/ a supercharger, until I beat him on yellowhead trail. But everyone was cool about it, few guys were jealous but never gave me a rough time. I seriously think if anybody touched my car or anything I wouldnt throw their head in a locker (although that is effing sweet!) I think id give them a meaty right hook and toss them through their own car window.
When it comes to my car, nobody messes with it or they get messed.
I like that teal colour. It's a rare one is it not?
Sounds like a nice ride you have there!!!

Damn, RSX Type S w/ a supercharger? What High School kid can afford that? Unless mommy and daddy bought it for him lol. Mine was third fastest, Behind a 2009 Charger Super Bee (rich kid, mommy and daddy bought it, but he was a nice guy), and an '88 GT Mustang with a rebuilt 302 with heads and cam and tru duals, that guy was cool, too. It stomped everything else in the lot, including an '83 Crossfire Z28, and I had three people in my car!!!

Thanks!!! It's "Dark Bright Teal" and it was a pretty common color for '91-92 Camaro's. I get a lot of compliments on it! They built quite a few of them, it was a very hot color back then.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Damn, RSX Type S w/ a supercharger? What High School kid can afford that? Unless mommy and daddy bought it for him lol. Mine was third fastest, Behind a 2009 Charger Super Bee (rich kid, mommy and daddy bought it, but he was a nice guy), and an '88 GT Mustang with a rebuilt 302 with heads and cam and tru duals, that guy was cool, too. It stomped everything else in the lot, including an '83 Crossfire Z28, and I had three people in my car!!!

Thanks!!! It's "Dark Bright Teal" and it was a pretty common color for '91-92 Camaro's. I get a lot of compliments on it! They built quite a few of them, it was a very hot color back then.
Dont you hate it when "mommy and daddy" buy kids cars that they have no business having when they are in high school? Atleast I will be able to stomp one of those even if they have em...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM

we called them bellybuttons cuz everybody had one. i had a 63 galaxie then, but now my wife and i have an 88 gta. black, black and not all that fast but so much fun to pop the t-tops and drive anywhere
Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z28
Engine: L98(383tpi) modified
Transmission: 700R4 rebuilt
Axle/Gears: 3:73 10bolt rebuilt

I always wanted a third gen. Camaro when I was in High School, but I could never afford one. Then in 1999 my wife/girlfriend at the time, had a white 89' Z-28 that I fell in love with all over again. But because she had split the title with her X boyfriend, he made her sell it. So we turned around and bought our own 88' IROC. It went from a stock IROC-Z28 black in color to a money pit over night!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by musclecar70sfan
Gangster named COLLIN?!

That's what happens dude. It's all because they're jealous. I'm just really happy that you found the guy and taught him a lesson because whenever I hear about people's pride and joys (their cars) get keyed... a small part of me dies. Did he pay for the repair? I got crap with my 91 T/A convertible the first day I brought it to school (last october actually). Some people were impressed... others not so much (including a 10th grader with his fictional '68 mustang GT). If the paint was decent on my car, it might've gotten keyed as well.
Exactly. Haha I was crushed, I was so excited that I got up early so I could drive through the lot when all the teens gather up and hang out around their cars. I did just that. Woke up early, like 4:30am, washed and waxed the car, polished the rims, detailed the interior, cleaned the windows, took off the tops off... I spent like 3 hours making it gorgeous, even though I had already washed it the day before I was so proud to be the owner of such a gorgeous car! I cruised in, I was being really quiet with it, just a causal drive around the lot, in front of everyone of course, lol, and then parked. I took my own sweet time getting out of the car, getting my pack and strolling by everyone to the high school. No one said anything lol. By lunch time, that car was the talk of the school. It got mixed reviews, some loved it, others told me it belonged in a junkyard, etc, I laughed because most of the people saying that were so cool they had to ride the bus to school lmao. I walked out to my car between each class lmao. I wanted to stare at it and then I'd look out the windows to see it outside waiting for it's owner! I was always excited for 3:05 (how ironic) when school was over and I could walk out to the car and start it up and spin the tires a little leaving the lot that day, however, I walked out and saw one big, long scratch going from the spoiler all the way to the front fender. I flipped ****. Went into school, talked to the prinicipal, he didn't believe it happened, told me it was probably already there, I told him I had washed the car two times in 24 hours, it wasn't there. Well Collin made the mistake of telling all his friends, I found out, and threw him into a locker. Best part about it was he didn't see it coming. I had a few friends with me, and when he got up, my friend tripped him and he fell down again, it was great. I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket!

Another pic of the car... the first day I had it ;] I still remember it like yesterday because my parents put the camper in storage that day, notice it is gone and my brothers car is in the turnaround.
Name:  P1000649b.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  138.3 KB
Name:  P1000650.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  234.0 KB
Name:  aaa-2-1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  68.9 KB

Last edited by ThreeOhFive; 02-03-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:01 PM

That's exactly what it was. His parents paid $18000 cnd for it. Before that he had an integra that he tried to drift with and put it through a fence. So this guy cant really drive. I raced him one day, took him outta the hole, held him till about 150ish, then we were merging on to edmontons free way and he slowed right down and I just pinned her and broke the tires loose and embaressed him badly cause he almost came to a stop at a merge yeild sign (of course there were no cars coming and I did it all controlled). I miss last year, my last year of high school, my GTA is legendary there, and hopefully this summer when I go to visit there will be some kid that wants to put his manly I4 up against a V8 =) I'm all about destroying punks is ***** cars, but the difference between me and them is I dont brag about it after, I dont rub it in, I play it cool cause I know theyre just gonna make up some sorry excuse for losing, so I play it cool and race them again.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 PM

That's exactly what it was. His parents paid $18000 cnd for it. Before that he had an integra that he tried to drift with and put it through a fence. So this guy cant really drive. I raced him one day, took him outta the hole, held him till about 150ish, then we were merging on to edmontons free way and he slowed right down and I just pinned her and broke the tires loose and embaressed him badly cause he almost came to a stop at a merge yeild sign (of course there were no cars coming and I did it all controlled). I miss last year, my last year of high school, my GTA is legendary there, and hopefully this summer when I go to visit there will be some kid that wants to put his manly I4 up against a V8 =) I'm all about destroying punks is ***** cars, but the difference between me and them is I dont brag about it after, I dont rub it in, I play it cool cause I know theyre just gonna make up some sorry excuse for losing, so I play it cool and race them again.
You sure we aren't brothers? lol
Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Car: 87 T/A GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27:1

haha reminds me of something that happened last summer. my girlfriend and i were just driving around in my GTA when this kid in a new subi WRX comes flying by (fart can and all) and slams on the brakes right after he passes me cuz we were coming up to a red light. when i meet him at the stop light he asks if i want to drift with him (his car is FWD). i laugh a lil and accept. i had no intention to drift i just wanted to see what he would try to pull. we get to a local spot called the ravines and its the curviest road that we have around where i live.
im right behind him at the stop sign leading into the ravines and he guns his car but it starts to bog from the traction control haha. on the very first corner he tries to pull this huge ebrake slide and has to correct pretty quickly. he over corrects and drives straight up over the 5 ish inch curb, up the side of the ravine and hits a tree dead on.
my girlfriend and i were just silent for a few moments. shocked at what we just saw and then start laughing our a**s off. he reverses back to the road and the bumper is hanging on by like one screw and he goes in the opposite way and is looking dead a head with his friend looking like he crapped his pants.
ahh how i love the stupid rich kids in highschool
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 87_TA_GTA
haha reminds me of something that happened last summer. my girlfriend and i were just driving around in my GTA when this kid in a new subi WRX comes flying by (fart can and all) and slams on the brakes right after he passes me cuz we were coming up to a red light. when i meet him at the stop light he asks if i want to drift with him (his car is FWD). i laugh a lil and accept. i had no intention to drift i just wanted to see what he would try to pull. we get to a local spot called the ravines and its the curviest road that we have around where i live.
im right behind him at the stop sign leading into the ravines and he guns his car but it starts to bog from the traction control haha. on the very first corner he tries to pull this huge ebrake slide and has to correct pretty quickly. he over corrects and drives straight up over the 5 ish inch curb, up the side of the ravine and hits a tree dead on.
my girlfriend and i were just silent for a few moments. shocked at what we just saw and then start laughing our a**s off. he reverses back to the road and the bumper is hanging on by like one screw and he goes in the opposite way and is looking dead a head with his friend looking like he crapped his pants.
ahh how i love the stupid rich kids in highschool
Hahaha lol. Gotta love idiots who think they know how to drive...
And drifting anywhere outside of a mountain downhill is stupid IMHO.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 PM

Car: 87 T/A GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27:1

oh its soo stupid. kids were racing on that so much that they put a cop at a blind turn a few months ago and there are still kids who get caught and lose their license. i feel bad for them, not because they lost their license but because now they somehow got it in their head that all cops are a**holes and have no respect for anyone. the cop that usually gets posted there is actually one of the coolest guys i know and a big car guy. he has a 10 second 67 camaro that hes had since he bought it used in high school.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by 87_TA_GTA
oh its soo stupid. kids were racing on that so much that they put a cop at a blind turn a few months ago and there are still kids who get caught and lose their license. i feel bad for them, not because they lost their license but because now they somehow got it in their head that all cops are a**holes and have no respect for anyone. the cop that usually gets posted there is actually one of the coolest guys i know and a big car guy. he has a 10 second 67 camaro that hes had since he bought it used in high school.
I know how that is too...A couple of my friends have had their license's taken away (not by racing but other things) and they have nothing but sht to say about our local law enforcement. My Dad has been a cop for 20 years (retired now because he was hurt on the job) so I know that they really just want to keep the roads safe for other people.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM

I donno, I don't like Edmonton cops. Because one pulled me over and told me I ran a red light and was ripping through construction. First off I was sitting in the intersection and the light turned yellow so I went, and it was at night so I was doing 60 in a 50 construction zone. I have mad respect for construction workers, but how can they get hurt when theyre not working? And they werent working on the road, they were doing a brick planter down a strip of road. I dont like that cop but other ones are fine. Just one guy can give a whole crew a bad rep.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM

Car: '82 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 31 spline 9" with 4.56:1

Geez, you guys really make me feel like a dinosaur!!!!! I was a junior in high schoold when the 1st Gen Camaro's hit the showroom!!!! My buddy Roger had an older brother who got a '67 RS 4 speed car!!!! I was fortunate enough to be one of the 1st to get a ride in it, man, thought that thing was a rocket ship!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Car: 84 Camaro
Engine: 350 punch out .060 to 360ci
Transmission: 700R4 worked
Axle/Gears: 410 Posi
Re: Did u have a thirgen in highschool?

Originally Posted by Stephen
Not until 96 or so. All I had was a 68 Camaro (327/M22/4.10 posi) in High School...

my dad had that same drivetrain setup on his 67 in highschool

Got my first 3rd gen when i was in 12th grade. own 2 right now, ones a street strip other is a daily driver
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 AM

Car: '89 GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.27

No, I didn't have a Thirdgen in high school. They hadn't been made yet! I know, I'm older than dirt (Class of '77)! In high school, I drove a '72 Dodge Charger, "Petty" blue, with a white vinyl top. Performance wasn't much to brag about, but I loved that car!

My first Thirdgen (and first ever "new" car) was an '84 TA, 5.0HO 5-spd, black and gold, of course! Sold it in '88. In '90, I bought a new '89 GTA, also black, with tan interior. She'd sat on the dealer lot for a year and a half! I test drove that car on three different days, putting a total of 40 miles on it, trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I never found a thing, so I bought it. I've had her for 20 years now, and she's still going strong. It's been the best car I've ever owned! I had her repainted about 5 years ago, so from 20 feet, she still looks new and still attracts attention. These cars are getting rare enough (at least here in Hawaii) that a lot of people don't recognize the car when they see it. Can't tell you how many times I've been asked, "Hey, what kinda car is that? It looks really cool!" At this point, I'll probably keep her until they stick me in a retirement home.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 AM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: LG4 305 carb
Transmission: auto 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 open

I drove a white 86 trans am in high school. 305 LG4 auto. Nothing to brag about but I loved it. I bought it because I loved watching Knight Rider as a kid. I even told my mom that when I was 18 I was going to legally change my name to Michael. Hahaha. I put a cam in it and full exhaust and did some other mods that I could afford with grocery store salary.

One of my best friends drove a 305 LG4 86 Iroc (blue with gold wheels) and another had a 76 Camaro LT. Light blue with a nice 350 and .390 gears in it. Almost all the other cars were regular camrys and accords and then the stupid civics and integras with fart cans. The nice cars I can remember from high school (1998-2002) were:

94 3000GT VR4
87 Grand National (his dad had a 455SD 1970 Trans Am that he got to drive too and he now has a 2009 G8 GXP)
STOCK 95-97 Eclipse GST
66 Mustang (6 cylinder though)
A couple early 2000s Mustang GTs and a few 5.0 foxbodies
1997 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

If I remeber correctly, besides my buddy, there were at least 3 other thirdgen camaros. Only one had a V6. I was the only firebird.

~Matt
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 AM

87 Grand National (his dad had a 455SD 1970 Trans Am that he got to drive too and he now has a 2009 G8 GXP)
Rich kid hey... Atleast he has good taste!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 AM

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: 350 TPI

I am 18 and currently still in HS. i have a 1986 Iroc. 305 TPI. Alot of history, ive owned for almost two years now. i was working before i had my license and this is the thing i saved for. My 86 Iroc was my 1st car. so far my one true love lol.

Name:  Picture070.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  122.3 KB
Name:  Picture071.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  116.4 KBName:  Picture074.jpg
Size:  84.4 KB
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Yea he has good taste. I remember being 16 or 17 seeing his grand national for the first time and I thought it looked like a grandma's car. Then I heard the turbo as he proceeded to burn out. That changed my mind. Come to think of it, I think his dad's SD Trans Am was a '73.

~Matt
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 86TA4SALE
Come to think of it, I think his dad's SD Trans Am was a '73.
~Matt
Made a mistake in this post...got my 73 and 74 mixed up... So yeah...the dude is a lucky bastard.

Last edited by massaku; 02-12-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 PM

That SD455 Trans Am was absolutely ridiculous. I have seen few cars in stock form that can compare with how loud and fast that car is. I also love that there hasn't been a car since named "Super Duty," just big a$$ trucks.

~Matt
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10 Bolt

ive owned my 89 since feb 2002, i was 16 and took exceptional care of it, it was the first car i owned and drove legally lol. i knew what i wanted back then which was a 5 speed hardtop 305tpi iroc-z, suprisingly i found it at an auction metallic blue with black cloth, 15" iroc wheels, 3.08 drum posi. i got a pretty good deal on it, the auction had written "seized engine" on the windsheild, after the auction ended i threw a battery in it from another iroc i had and it fired right up! as soon as i got it i pulled the wheels off my 87 and polished them and swapped them onto the 89, my father and i replaced the clutch, exhaust and rear shocks. i did all the free mods to it, buffed it out eventually put headers on it, did the a.i.r and ac delete, and had a blast driving it from spring 02 to fall 02. it was enough fun to drive that i managed to loose my license with it one or twice. with just the basic mods done it ran 13.9 @ 97 in oct of 02 right before i put it away for winter. july 03 a lady took a left on red and drove down the side of it, knowing that i had one of the rarer 3rd gen camaros i decided to keep it. after that i stripped the car to a shell to restore it, we fixed the damage from the accident which was minor, i sandblasted the underneath of the car and painted it, i shamefuly have to admit there was some rust/rot that needed to be fixed. i worked on it for a good few years then lost interest, in that time i shaved & smoothed most of the engine bay, and replaced the radiator support. i actually sold the car to another member on here in feb 08 after i bought a new truck and decided i wasnt going to finish this car, well a year later i bought another 3rd gen a 91z that ended up being a total rot box. i started coming on the boards again and noticed the kid i sold the car to had it back upforsale after we talked a couple times and striked a deal i got my car back! i never felt right about selling it, felt like i was missing a part of me, im just glad i got a chance to have it back in my possesion and definitly wont make that mistake again. anyway ive been working on the car the last couple weeks, this past week we finished up the bay and sprayed it hopefully if the progress keeps up ill have the car finished before july and needless to say i cant wait!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Yea I had bought this camaro before i had my license and i made the mistake of painting flames on with some spray paint. The paint on it was flawless and i had to go get board and F it up. i was young and DUMB!!!

Last edited by sheppyfire87; 03-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Car: 90 camaro rs
Engine: 305

I had a 89 rs but I wrecked it so many times I found my current one and sold the 89 for $800.00. Could not believe I got what I asked for the car cause it was tore up bad
Old 03-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Car: '86 Z28 Aged Yellow
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: 700-RIV
Axle/Gears: 2.73

'08 Election day..Bought it without even seeing it.

Should have waited, but I love her all the same. Vrrr.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Car: 1982 camaro berlinetta
Engine: 305 LG4

I am 14 years old and just bought a 1982 berlinetta to fix up.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI L03
Transmission: TH700R4 Corvette servo
Axle/Gears: 10Bolt 2.73

Bought my car when I was a junior, spring of 02? Almost gave it up twice, but now I have had it so long, I couldnt part with it. Learn from my dads mistakes of selling the fun cars he had when he was young. 65 mustang fastback, 70 olds 442, dodge dart swinger, never did know what year that was. But ill hold on to mine as long as i can.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Car: 86' IROC
Engine: 388
Transmission: Built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.08 non-posi

Originally Posted by ..Just A Kid
'08 Election day..Bought it without even seeing it.

Should have waited, but I love her all the same. Vrrr.
You and me both...mine was a e-bay buy.

I love my camaro but wish i paid less for it. I tore into the motor 1 season later to find some good pistons, and heads but most everything else was junk especially the cam (3 intake lobes completely worn off and others started) and so was the rest of the rotating assembly. So i did it right and rebuilt with fully forged 383 with a nice lopey cam. To this day i don't trust edelbrock parts...

Quick Reply: Did u have a Thirdgen in highschool?