Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Hawk's Aero Wing

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 TA
Engine: LB9 305
Transmission: 4L60
Hawk's Aero Wing

Huh? No search results on this? I know at least one here (okfoz) has one.

[The 87+ TA Aero Wing from Hawks...]

I recently got mine painted, and ready to install. I was wondering how the members here have gone about securing the sides. I'd really like to use the factory clips attached to the glass frame, but the thought of using screw heads to hold them down doesn't appeal all that much to me. I was thinking possibly sliding it back to lock (opposite of the factory, which was slide back to unlock). If I went forward to lock, I don't like the fact there's really not much for the screw head to grab.

Better yet... are there any options better than screws for this job?

I'd really like to avoid using the clips provided (nothing wrong with them, just one per side, and stick out like a sore thumb even if I got more).

It really looks neat, and that fact the motor can push the hatch up all the way is nice (I can imagine the strain it was under with the factory wing).

TIA,
Anthony

P.S. I'm amazed the factory wing lasted as long as it did. The paint peeled a bit at the bottom as I pulled it off and I saw nothing but RUST!!! When everything's done, I may take a sawzall to it to see what it looks like inside, if anyone's interested I'll take pics.

Last edited by Goumba T; 04-01-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: More specific... wish title could be fixed