Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Trans Am
Sponsors?

Just throwing an idea out there...

Have any of you ever looked in to get sponsors to help you get your car restored? The trade would be of course you going to car shows and showing off them as your sponsor or showing them off on your car maybe?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:43 PM

Car: 87 & 89 Iroc's
Engine: 5.0 - 5.7
Transmission: 700R's
Axle/Gears: 2.77 - 3.70
I know a guy with a show truck that got his frame powdercoated for free. They gave him a sign to put next to the truck when he shows it.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

that's a crazy idea....

Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 182 Likes on 134 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car
Go easy on the guy Jeff!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 PM

lol its ok

Anyhow I seen a banner on cardomain asking to sign up for a sponsor what you would do with the money how you would promote the sponsor etc. I know thats probably not the way to go but figured maybe it was something worth wondering about.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Supreme Member

honestly as hard as it is to believe sponsorship isn't as hard as it seems. it's definately difficult for those of us with older, less desireable cars such as thirdgens but that is slowly changing and aftermarket companies are starting to take notice.

if you want some advice do not pay anyone to help you get your sponsorship... if your going to do that send me a healthy check and i'll do it for you. many of them set you up with rediculous claims that quite frankly don't do much to earn your money.

remember that nothing comes free, the hardest sponsor is the first sponsor after that it just gets easier. i built my car up twice before i could even catch the eyes of any major distributing company but i started working deals with local shops from the beginning and the rest was down hill. the easiest way like anything when it comes to such work relies in all that you know.

if you are racing then you need to get your name out there and win a few races on your own. if you show your car you need to do some things to make it stand out and win some respectable shows. get the attention of those around you and the rest will come, if that doesn't work just try bugging the companies. i find it best to look up marketing directors, advertising people or even public relations officers and just start asking questions.

if you can offer them a service it will be hard for them to turn you down. now if you just bought a 91 mustang that needs some work you can't expect a company to throw you a set of $3,000 race heads or a pair of seats. it all takes work, but it's possible.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 AM

Great reply kandied, thanks. Of course I dont expect a sponsor to come running to me and fix my car for me I know that if its possible for me it a long ways down the road. I think fixing it up myself I could get some notice in local car shows since most of the shows dont have local people but people from hours away with cars from the pre 70's. As it stands now third gens just arent the thing in this area but my hopes are that I can get mine to stand out enough to get people to recognize them again.

So all in all thanks for the response I appreciate it. Also I was looking at your cardomain page and at your sponsors websites, I was very impressed
Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Supreme Member

thank you. i'm up to 16 right now, i have to update the page.