Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

please help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91' Camaro, 71' MERCEDES
Engine: Camaro 3.1L
please help me!!

so yesterday i was at my "friends" house and he backed into my perfectly straight 85' T/A i have up for sale !!!!!! i wasn't pissed but i almost cried at the sight of her.. luckely he only damaged her passanger door, but oh did he do a good job.... so we went to the junkyard and luckley i found a decient shape donor door off of a 85' or an 86' not sure but i really need instruction with putting it on, when i pulled the good door off it looked like i would need to pull the fender off to put the door back on but how would i go about doing this, i've never pulled a fender off in my life .......... and is there any adjusting i would need to do to the door to make her just right or should she be fine? also how would i go about replaceing the window, how do i remove the plastic window crank, and how would i replace the lock hole, thanks.... please help me real soon because i really need to get this done asap, like tomorrow, thanks alot, ALEX.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've taken out the locks before. There is like a clip or something for them. They may be a little tricky.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 RS Camaro
Engine: 350 Carb(soon a 400)
Transmission: 5-Speed/th350
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73
I removed my door by taking off the sail pannel under the dash and then you can get to the bottom hinge bolts. then you can use an open ended wrench to get the top ones.