Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Look, Look

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005 | 03:28 AM

Car: 1984 Firebird V6
Look, Look

I am very excited about this really. I think I did an awesome job and I wanted to show everyone else. I did both the dash and the door all by myself. I'm very proud of it.

This is the door Panel before

And the Door Panel After

( No it's not the same door, the before is of the passanger side and the after is the Drivers side, but the passanger side is all I had a photo of)
And the Dash, I wish I had taken a picture of the Dash before I did it, but I got too excited.

Just an FYI the netting stuff on the door panel changes colors, When the door is open it is a fushia color and when the door is closed or you are far away it's gold. I choose it to accent the interior with the color the car it's self would be.
Which is a very deep Dark Fushia color, nothing girly like cotton candy pink. Blech.
Old 08-04-2005 | 03:39 AM
Banned

what is the exterior color?
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:02 AM

It's from Dupont's Hot Hues, Fuschia Kiss

Of anyone has visited the Dupont website they have a paint shop thing there were you can "test" out the colors on thier idea of the most popular cars.

I choose the 69 Camaro, it was the closest body style.
Attached Thumbnails Look, Look-fuschiakiss.jpg  
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:05 AM
Banned

hmmm, the interior you made is very nice, ive always been a HUGE fan of red and tan cars. It would be nicer if your car was more red

good work tho
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:25 AM

Red is the bad color, to Quote "The Village" We own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab Flame red, twice now it has been hit, all within one month, it started with my hubby ramming into some mailboxes in 4 feet of snow. then RIGHT after we got that fixed, two weeks freaking after Mother Nature let loose with hail, wind, rain, snow and slush as I was going over a bridge, I lost control and was spun around, thanfully I didn't hit anything and I regained control just as I did and started to move forward again some Freaking moron in a Caddy who was in a hurry slammed into the back of my truck doing 80 miles an hour when he tried to pass me, I was in my own lane I had managed to stay in my own lane, I must have been a bit diagonal in my own lane and he thought I was going to the right so he moved to the left and realized too late I was only straightening out, he hit me doing 80 miles an hour and I was doing approximately 45, he spun me around again and I saw him spin 4 times before he finally stopped 200 yards from me, all I can say is thank *** for the tow package and the extra heavy duty suspension, they absorbed the entire impact so luckily the damage was strictly cosmetic, if you can call 7 grand of repair work to the bed cosmetic damage. So far the insurance compant has paid out 12 grand to repair the truck,the damage my husband did to the left front fender was 5 grand, it's amazing what a single mailbox can do.

Needless to say I was pretty shaken up, this happened in April and I have to drive the truck now and again and still to this day I go white knuckled and nervous and panic when I go over that brudge. If it's raining I can't do over 60 or I start freaking out, the wind will hit the truck and I freak. At least I don't cry anymore when I go over it.

Somehow the insurance decided it was my fault, but they denied his claim so I had to pay my own deductible.

I will never drive a red vehicle again. There is something about the color red, our eyes just don't see it, There have been tests that our brains don't process the color red well and half the time the color does not registar

The Firebird is red now and it will change before it hits pavement.

We used to have an 1996 Dodge that was red and silver and it got hit a few times as well, once was a hit and run While I was sitting at the car wash, I went after him but lost him, thankfully it was a small dent to the bottom quarter panel, another one someone hit a shopping cart and it slammed into the truck and then I was at a car dealership and some lady in a brand new Jag backed into my truck and when I say brand new I mean they just put the temp sticker on and handed her the keys.

Red is the bad color.