Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Anybody with power 4th gen seats help me out with a part number ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91' Z28
Engine: 355-Supercharged
Transmission: 700R4
Anybody with power 4th gen seats help me out with a part number ?

So i went to the dealership yesterday to pick up a power seat bezel with the switches to control the seat, and the guy behind the counter said that theres like nine diffrent kinds, and he needs the vin number to get it right, i dont see how it could be that difficult but i thought id check with one of you guys to see if you knew the PN for the bezel for a 98 and up TA as far as i knew there was only one kind of power seat that just has a manual pull, and everything else was controlled via the switches (lumbar, sliding forward and back ect ect) To keep this 3rd gen related the seats are going into my vert, but i cant move the seat forward or back untill i get the bezel and the wiring harness..... anyway can anybody help ?

Drivers side,grey plastic, 98 up TA maybe that might help ?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 90 Formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.27
Unfortunately you may have to do some research to get the right switch panel. I have a set of '01 T/A power seats in mine and the switches are somewhat different than my brothers from just one year earlier. His have some chrome trim on the switches where mine are solid grey. If I get a chance I'll check mine for a PN and email it to you this weekend.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, I work in parts at a chevy delarship and that is the case when it comes to most parts, but when it comes to a bezel for a drivers side seat they should have been able to decode it without the VIN number the books will tell them what colors and what buttons are on each part number. I'll see what I can find for ya tomorrow at work but I can't remem,ber if you had what year the seats were in your post, so if not just post or pm me and I'll get ya the part number, color will also be needed
Old 03-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 345 Likes on 281 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27
Re: Anybody with power 4th gen seats help me out with a part number ?

Originally posted by 91Z28
i thought id check with one of you guys to see if you knew the PN for the bezel for a 98 and up TA as far as i knew there was only one kind of power seat that just has a manual pull, and everything else was controlled via the switches (lumbar, sliding forward and back ect ect) To keep this 3rd gen related the seats are going into my vert, but i cant move the seat forward or back untill i get the bezel and the wiring harness..... anyway can anybody help ?

Drivers side,grey plastic, 98 up TA maybe that might help ?
I thought the later 4th gens just had the side cover with the cutouts ,but no separate bezel for the switches ,unlike early 4th or 3rd gens seats.I just used a ford taurus switch on the inner cover for my 4th gen seat adjusts with the original 84 seat track,but the lumbar switch is still on the outer cover untouched.