Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

another 4th gen dash in progress,mysterious wire and vacum lines for hvac.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: t5
another 4th gen dash in progress,mysterious wire and vacum lines for hvac.....

doing the 4th gen swap

and i have found all info, but on the 3rd gen harness and vacum lines arnt what they say in my chiltons and online

for the hvac slecector switch there is 2 brown wires which everyone says is green one that goes to the fan speed switch, and one that goes to a switched 12v source and then connects the to the fan switch, then there is the light green wire, the black ground and then a dark green wire....

now to wire up the 4th gen hvac you have to connect that brown wire up to the selector switch for a 12v, the dark green with a white stripe wire from the 4th gen to second brown wire on the 3rd gen harness to connect the 12v to the fan speed switch.... and the light green wire to the light green of the 4th gen.

this leaves the black, and the dark green of the 3rd gen harness left, i know the black is a ground, but i cant figure out or find the other green wire in anything, anyone know what it does ?

second issue is the vacum lines.... says tehre is only 5 of them and that one is plugged on the 4th gen controls... that is fine, but i have a extra grey and pink vacum line left over after i put all the vacums where they belong... so do i just plug them or what ?

ooo and the car is a 91 formula, tbi and the controls are out of a 95 bird. the big harness on the hvac conrtrols plugged right into the 4th gen one with out a problem so that is fine... and i plugged the dimmer switch right into the stock plug and that worked fine also....

anything else i should be aware of... i only really have the plug for the guages left to wire up, anything i need to know or should be suprised to find ?

other than that the swap is going really good and is going to be much easier than i thought, although i havnt got to the adapting of the heater box yet....