Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Paint scheme idea... opinions/ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 Heritage Edition
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1
Paint scheme idea... opinions/ideas?

I had been originally thinking about a solid copper/orange color for my IROC... the wheels, decals and any accent peices (roll bar, brake calipers, etc) would be gunmetal/charcoal colored.

I've been toying with the idea of a two tone paint scheme after seeing this episode of Overhaulin'.

http://overhaulin.com/gallery16.aspx

Its the last pic in that collection.

I've seen a few threads about two tone schemes but none that looked all that appealing to me. If I were to do a two tone, where would the best line on the car be to begin the 2nd color?

I would basically do a copper/orange metallic and a charcoal/gunmetal metallic... Has anyone seen a combo like this before? How would it look on the IROC?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1984 TRANS AM AERO (PAINT SO DEEP
Engine: 305 CARBED
Transmission: 700 R-4/Vette Servo mod
I have seen a few here that have done something similar to the 2nd gen RS package, starting at the rear of the doors, on the upper surfaces of the doors, fenders and hood...(Other than 100 percent stock, 2nd color on ground effects only)...Really the only 2-tone scheme that interests me.
I've seen some that tried to pull off that 442 look, and really didn't come together.
Just my 2c
Old 10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
can do it like a hockey stripe running down the side of the car, seperating just below the C-pillar and door ledge, once it gets to the front i'd drop it off, and make the front end one color completely, the sides would have the second color. Another idea that could be cool if pulled off right would be to loop the second color (on the lower door, 1/4s etc) around at the spoiler and on the trunklid, then move it forward towards the middle of the trunk in a single racing stripe, a hardtop could make this look real sweet as the line would continue further, w/ t-tops i'd advoice painting the stripe on the roof, then i'd move that line towards the center of the hood. On a SS hood, i'd place it right down the middle, just wide enough to fill up the top of the raised Ramair setup, and would end it before the ramair stopped. Would give the car a real clean look, and a modified Motion camaro type paint....neat.