Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

4th Gen Nose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '86 Berlinetta
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
4th Gen Nose?

Hey guys. Well I have been looking at the front of my car for days now and I just think that the nose is waaay too flat looking. Like, push your nose to your mouth and that's sorta what it looks like on the car lol. The car is in my profile. I looked at most the other years/models and none of them really satisfied me with the flatness portion.... but I do wanna note that I thought the 91-92Z GFX looked cool on it.

Basically what I was wondering is if the 93-97 Noses would fit on there? Or are they completely different dimensions? I would go out and buy a nose for it from 93-97 and try to test fit it but funds are limited right now so I wouldnt be able to go "oh, nope guess it wont fit, oh well -throws back in garage-" lol.

I heard that I might need to get a new hood, quarter panels, and nose for it if I wanted to do all that. Is the 4th gens any wider than the 3rd? because that would look very funky lol.

I might just go and get 91-92 GFX but I have not seen anyone mod their 3rd gen to have a 4th gen front end, which I think would look cool (not the front of the LS1's... those arent my style).

Not to mention the front of the LT1 year 4th Gens look very similar to the 3rd gens, I just like how the noses stick out a bit farther.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
highly doubt it'll fit, w/o some modification...it is possible however, but it'll take some work. There was a guy who found a link to someone's website, the guy made a car for his son , called it a cormaro, had fender flares molded into it, custom ground fx, and a custom front end which highly resembled a 4th gen camaro, however, i think the guy didn't use the 4th gen setup, instead he made the whole thing from scratch and handmade fiberglass...i'd tell u to search for it, but couldn't give you anywhere near the right parameters for you to find anything.

For the trouble, i'd say go with 91+ gfx, as the forward motion of them gives the front end a much "meaner" look, and more "muscle" appearance.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '86 Berlinetta
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
I actually read about that Cormaro. That is kind of my inspiration heheh. I think I'll just take the easy-out and junk-yard for a decent set of 91-92 Z GFX. Thx for the response :-)