Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

'92 RS 25th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Yukon, Tahoe, Expedition, JGC
sorry for the long wait between posts for those of you that are still interested to know how things are going. I've been somewhat depressed about this whole situation and I've got my second test coming up soon (book test for the air force) so I've got to study for that. I received a reply letter from the DMV a week after my last post and it appeared to be good news in that they wanted me to get a compliance examination (or something, I don't have the letter in front of me, but it sounded like a overall check of the car to see if it was in good condition) so I went to the Florida highway patrol office and asked them about it, and the one I talked to was a real bitch (the only other guy I’ve seen there is also not much help). Right from the get go, once she heard "certificate of destruction", she was telling me she couldn't help me so I explained my situation and the responses from the DMV. She was also telling me misinformation like I was some kid who was just supposed to accept it as the truth and move on, and when I corrected her she just argued or just changed the subject. Anyhow she called the main DMV in Tallahassee to see who actually wrote the response, but couldn’t get a hold of the person she needed to find out that information because nothing actually commanded the highway patrol to inspect the car and told me to either go home or wait like an hour tell they called back, so I left. I called her back the next day after receiving a voicemail that she had an answer and she said that she wasn’t going to do any inspection because of the COD supposedly being a final judgment and the fact that nothing is ordering them to in the letter. What was strange though is she gave me the name of the person that allegedly sent me the letter so I called that DMV and the lady that answered (customer service) said she worked in the fraud department which almost seems to me like she just found someone else that really didn’t know what was going on, but could tell me there was nothing they could do so I would stop trying to get the title back. I never ended up talking to her and haven’t called back since. Also she said the compliance examination was just a check of the paperwork, but I asked the lady when I called the main DMV and she said it was a check of the car itself (that’s what I thought) so I need to call again to figure this out and try to see if I can locate the person actually working on this.

She is still not running yet either. I have everything installed for the most part to get it to start, but the security and check engine lamps aren’t coming on. I’ve been shooting the wiring and found that the main voltage that goes directly from the battery to the ECM is only ~5.3VDC which is really low (battery is good and putting out 12.5VDC). I got it to crank over once before I moved it to my friend’s house, but that was without heads. I think I know what it is because I’ve traced everything to where it goes through the firewall so I’m hoping it’s just a loose connection. It also doesn’t arc at all when you touch the positive connector to its terminal. I will post again once I get it running.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:48 AM

Car: 91 Camaro RS 383
Engine: carbed 383
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
Thanks for the update. Sucks that they keep screwing you around like this. Good luck with everything.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:41 AM

Well I talked to the main guy at the towing yard company today seeing how it doesn’t really look like I am going to get a title for this car easily without them. It looks like he will do it for me for a fee of $500 and I write it up seeing how I probably know more about what needs to be said than he does seeing how I’ve been doing all the research. Also he said he had tried to get an attorney to represent him in court for that declaratory judgment, but everyone he called I had already talked to and they would not help him. So needless to say things are looking up, but like I’ve said before, every step closer I get to acquiring a title for it, something else puts it further away so I’m waiting to see what’s next and trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Oh, I also almost have it working. I wired the starter wrong when I put it together, but no harm was done and turns over fine. I've temporarily bypassed the security module and I know I'm getting spark, but fuel seems to be too low which might be a wiring issue and/or TBI intake issue because the one I am actually using is off a '91 suburban that was no good anymore and my friend let me have it for free. I've disconnected the fuel lines and I am getting fuel from the supply line and it's making it through the throttle body, but it looks like it's too low pressure and I don't really see anything coming out the injectors. Anyhow that's where I am with it. The big problem that I was fighting before with wiring that I couldn't figure out was an unconnected ground to the back of the R/H cylinder head because it was hiding behind some wires and AIR (smog) tubing.

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 02-16-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: White 25th Anniversary RS
Engine: lt1
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4:10
Wow thats kool so you will actualy get it back to life thats great! Why didnt you originaly go to the j yard were you got it from again?? When I picked mine up from emeral coast auto right there local to you I didnt have to go through half the trouble. Not only that I got a clean title.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS 383
Engine: carbed 383
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
Keep us posted. Hopefully the salvage yard will quit messing around with you and actually resolve this issue.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:40 AM

Besides actually having possession of the car, they have nothing to do with the title or a way to get it back. The only thing they knew or thought they knew was that once a COD was issued, it couldn't be changed.

I talked to the towing company 2 times before this and it was with 2 different people. First time I went there, they said no. Second time I talked to Mr. McLean to see if he would call them to see if they would help, but he made it sound like it was BS over the phone so they said no again. I went back there again wednesday and talked to the head guy and we worked something out. He's still upset because I took legal action, even though it was just for the car and not trying to get him in trouble like the DMV told me, before talking to him... The main owner was quite upset at the fact I never talked to him, but I told him I talked to 2 other people and they both said no. I'm glad I went back and meant to for awhile, but I either didn't have the time or forgot because I've got a lot going on right now aside from this vehicle. It's going to be awhile before I get to pay him so I hope he doesn't change his mind in the mean time.

Did yours have a certificate of destruction on it? It states in the laws that any certificate of title must be surrendered to the DMV in which I would not have been able to get a copy of the title. Once the 35 days are up (I found it like 6 months after it had been towed), it’s now the property of the towing company or police department (depending on what type of tow it is) and they can do whatever they want with it so even if she had a title, it wouldn’t be valid and they would probably confiscate it.

If for some reason this doesn’t work, I have one more legal ace up my sleeve. I don’t want to share it now so there is no way they will see it coming and so the towing company can’t try and avoid it.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 AM

Well for the most part I've got the letter ready to be sent into the DMV to get the title reinstated. Now I just have to see if the head guy at the towing company will sign it and get it notarized and submitted for $100 and pay the rest once the title comes in and I have the cash for it.

I'm still having fuel problems, but I can't be too far from finding out what's wrong. I am going to get a throttle body from a salavge yard to see if that's what the problem is because I am using one from a ~'91 suburban. The old one has a lot of crap on the injectors and bowl so I'm not going to try and reuse it. I pulled my fuel pump partially out to see if there was any visable contamination in the fuel pump filter or tank that could be blocking the fuel. Didn't see any. I did change the external fuel filter and that seemed clogged and I did notice alittle stronger fuel pressure at the supply line, but return line was the same. I tested it with my thumb so I COULD be wrong. The fuel pump sounds healthy. I can't tell if it's not running at it's full potential though.

How loud is it supposed to be? It's very quiet from around the front of the vehicle. It's noticable from inside the car and at the rear. I don't see a fitting that will let me hookup a pressure tester on the fuel line for TBI. Is ther one?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Stock
Wow, this has been one helluva story.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:09 AM

Man I was so dissapointed to see the story end......this was better than the movie of the week...lol.....but hopefuly everything works out for your hard work and perseverance.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Supreme Member

How about an update? You get a clean bill of health? I cant believe someone would give a z03 a cod.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:43 AM

Sorry, was actually going to post within a few days because monday I am going to see if the towing company will take that $100 deal. I didn't have the money seeing how I just moved into my new house and got most of the utilities started. I can spare the money now though.

I was thinking about finding a house without a garage and then just build one, but once I found out the pricing for it, I just decided to look for a house with a garage and pay the little extra. I found a pretty nice place with a 2 car garage so that's where she stays now. Heh, the main reason for buying a house was this car . My friend just got an eviction notice from where he is living because the tags on his wife's car are expired by a month so he had to bring it here until he had the money to update the tags. I am thankful I didn't get stuck in that kind of position and got the house because up to this point it's always been on other people’s property or I was paying for it to be stored somewhere.

Still not running though. I have to buy a fuel pump and that's around $89 so I'm waiting for that money too. I cut an access panel above the fuel pump for easier removal and installation. I also found that the driver’s window roller guide isn’t connected so I have to get a part for that once I find out what it is.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Supreme Member

Man i wish i still lived there i could have helped you out allot. I dont think it was such a good idea you cut a hole in the body of the car. Seemskinds like a hack job but i guess if it works for you then good. Did you test the fp for power before you started hacking a hole. could be just a relay issue. whats wrong with your motor?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:33 PM

Yea it would’ve been nice to have another camaro person here, but it’s alright.

Yes I made sure I was getting the correct voltage to the pump. I tested that at the disconnect right before the pump. It was about 0.3V drop. I didn’t want to do it either, but I wouldn’t have been able to do it otherwise (not easily anyhow). It will be ok. I can put a cover panel over it and put something else around the edges. The carpet needs replacing anyhow. It’s not too torn up. I’ve had to do it once before and worked out for the best.

It’s not a relay issue because I can take it off and jumper the wires and get the same thing. I have spark. So basically it’s just the pump that’s keeping me from starting it. It could also be a clogged internal filter. I changed the external one and it helped a little, but not enough I guess. No fuel flows out the injectors and I’ve tried 2 throttle bodies. I’ve disconnected the fuel lines and I can hold off the pressure very easy. I don’t have the right type of adapter to get a try reading, but it’s doesn’t flow well. The return line only drips with both TB units so it’s not a pressure regulator. I’ve tried playing with wiring to see if anything changed and nothing did. So as you can see, that’s pretty much all that’s left
Old 06-29-2006, 02:07 PM

Small Update...

Still saving up to get the title back. One of these days I have to find out if there is really a lien on it or if the company is even still in business.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 PM

Small Update...

Well something really bad happened today... I got into a wreck with my yellow Iroc . I loved that thing sooooooo much. Some moron went to turn into a gas station on a two lane road and darted into my lane, then slowed down almost to a stop for the bumps. I barely swerved around him, only to come face to face with a white Tahoe and I continued to try and swerve, but ended up colliding with her. She had her kid in her passenger seat and luckily they were buckled up and the air bags deployed so they weren’t badly injured. I never could have imagined how bad something like that could hurt. I had my seatbelt on too and it left quite a noticeable mark on my chest. I had to get a couple stitches in my knees from hitting the kick panel I guess, but it wasn’t too bad. No broken bones either.

If nothing else, when I get my settlement from the guy’s insurance that caused the accident, I can try once again to get the title back for the other car seeing how I will finally have the money.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:20 PM

Dude that sucks man. Hope you heal up and get better. Something like that changes everything too youll never feel that same on the road now youll be so conscious of everybody else. Well hope you feel better

PW
Old 08-09-2006, 02:10 PM

Thanks.

You know I've had my close encounters before and I've had some very close calls so I try and stay as alert and concentrated on the road as I can. This was more of an odd day for me anyway because I had to get up 7 hrs earlier than I normally do and the last few nights I hadn't been sleeping well. Needless to say I couldn't keep my full attention on the road and it was during rush hour so there was a lot more to watch out for. I was on my way home too and about 3 blocks away. I don't even remember noticing him until he was already in my lane slowing down and by that time I didn't have the stopping distance so I moved over. Even if I was fully awake and aware, I don't think I could have stopped in time though because he was really close to me. If it were later in the day like I'm used to, there probably wouldn't have been a car in the other lane coming at me (or at least I might have seen him better and could've better thought out my evasion) and the other guy probably wouldn't have cut me off (pressured by the drivers behind him).
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 PM

Well I didn’t want to do it, but I finally cut the fuel lines required to pull the fuel pump out. I found almost exactly what I was looking for. The fuel hose that connects the fuel pump to the fuel line was busted. The gasoline turned the hose to mush and failed.

Therefore they must have been having performance that was progressively getting worse. Diagnostics might have happened under the drivers kick panel and pinched the security wire under the flared nut which also failed for me. I don’t have enough clamps so I couldn’t test it, but I am confident that it should work now. I still have to install the accessories and plug the temp sensor hole for now.

I still have not gone back to the towing company because $500 is still hard to come by. My transmission in my new camaro (red ’85 IROC) is making a clicking in first gear that is getting worse plus some family problems I have to deal with and will be quite costly.

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 10-09-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 AM

small update again....

I called the towing company yesterday and the main guy said he was still willing to try and get the title back for me for the $500 fee. I called the DMV to check and see about the lien I had found out about in Tennessee that isn’t showing in Florida. They say I have to get an attorney and get a court order to get rid of the lien because it seems the dealership that has the lien is out of business so I’m kind of stuck right now. Furthermore, I am trying to find out what my next steps will be after the towing company requests the title back so I can try and see what my next obstacle will be so I can predict if I am going to get screwed out of $500 or not. I don’t want to pay out if I can’t get this thing on the road again because of some stupid rule or whatever I might run into later.

I still haven’t got her running yet, but I am close. There’s fuel up to the injectors and I am getting spark. I borrowed the tranny from her to put in my ’85 for the long haul out to California and back. This car has really been a godsend for me. I mean I had a family crisis and had to drive to California and didn’t have much money to start with. There have been other things too that just oddly happen that if it weren’t for this car, I would be paying a lot of money out.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:23 PM

Car: 92 rs camaro ,92 covt trans am
Engine: 305 tpi , 305 tbi
Transmission: auto
I hope that you got the car title straight out. There is nothing special about the heritage edition 1992 camaros, no special number or letter in the vin. It was a exterior package for camaros, Just like a gold package is for a Cadillac. I know cause my 92 rs camaro came with it I have the window sticker, and the owner gave me picture of the car before the package was added and after the dealership had it finished. Do I still have the racing stripes on it? NO it does not, got tried of people trying to STEAL the badge off the hatch. SO every time I see that Badge on one in a yard I grab it. I have a total of 3 bages know. I also grab the dash one Cause The biggest thing that fire me up is other camaro owner that try to pass off their NON 92 camaros as 92. If you ask me it tarnish the true 25th. If you can not get the clean title , Find a 92 off ebay that has a title in the parts car section and swap vins. I know some one that swap vin from his 97 v-6 camaro into a v-8 camaro just to get the cheaper insurance. If my informationis wrong about the heritage edition package I'm sorry. And the pics of the car are not coming up can ou send me some. also were are you out of?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '91 Z28 & '90 RS Vert & '89 RS
Engine: 5.7L & none & 2.8L (soon to be LSX)
Transmission: yes
Axle/Gears: One's with teeeeefs
Originally Posted by 92fbodylover
If you can not get the clean title , Find a 92 off ebay that has a title in the parts car section and swap vins.
That's a felony and will get you sent to prison. That breaks so many state and federal laws that it's not even funny. Please don't listen to people like this who have NO CLUE what they are talking about. Good luck on the car. I've been following along since the day you posted this up!
Old 12-23-2006, 12:47 PM

Good to know people still care . The VIN/RPO code are what gives it it's value. Even though it was just a stripe package for the hood and hatch(right?), it's worth more on my car than some other car that didn't have it. I don't believe the hatch from a regular '92 camaro would fit anyhow because I tried one with the light in the tail and it stuck out way to far and had to get one off an earlier year. I don't know if the hatches with spoilers are any different either.

Although VIN swapping crossed my mind a few times, I still don't want to do it seeing how I'm in the air force and that would ruin my career and I don't need that kind of trouble. Plus it wouldn't be the same with another VIN.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:44 PM

this happen more than you think there buddy, and The a few people on the board that I know for a fact have done a vin swap. They you just tell dmv you change the color on the car if that states has color on the title.

Originally Posted by 911rsq
That's a felony and will get you sent to prison. That breaks so many state and federal laws that it's not even funny. Please don't listen to people like this who have NO CLUE what they are talking about. Good luck on the car. I've been following along since the day you posted this up!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 PM

all hatches can be put on another year. if you put one on with the 3rd light in it the spoiler then what happen is your spoiler on hatchis wider then the quarter panel spoiler peices. Why you ask it was cause GM need the extra room to put the light bar in the spoiler So that is why the hatch is rear then your qauter panel. On 91 and 92 the 3rd tail light was inside the hatch on the top. You could put a 88 hatch on the 92 you just need to find the spoiler spoiler and undo the 4 or 5 bolts and swap the spoiler out. I have a hatch off a 92 camaro. Red paint but no stripes. I'm in the navy so to help you you I see it to you with the spoiler for 75.00 I'm in va beach. not sure where you are station?

Originally Posted by Metaldrgn
Good to know people still care . The VIN/RPO code are what gives it it's value. Even though it was just a stripe package for the hood and hatch(right?), it's worth more on my car than some other car that didn't have it. I don't believe the hatch from a regular '92 camaro would fit anyhow because I tried one with the light in the tail and it stuck out way to far and had to get one off an earlier year. I don't know if the hatches with spoilers are any different either.

Although VIN swapping crossed my mind a few times, I still don't want to do it seeing how I'm in the air force and that would ruin my career and I don't need that kind of trouble. Plus it wouldn't be the same with another VIN.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
I hope that you got the car title straight out. There is nothing special about the heritage edition 1992 camaros, no special number or letter in the vin. It was a exterior package for camaros, Just like a gold package is for a Cadillac. I know cause my 92 rs camaro came with it I have the window sticker, and the owner gave me picture of the car before the package was added and after the dealership had it finished. Do I still have the racing stripes on it? NO it does not, got tried of people trying to STEAL the badge off the hatch. SO every time I see that Badge on one in a yard I grab it. I have a total of 3 bages know. I also grab the dash one Cause The biggest thing that fire me up is other camaro owner that try to pass off their NON 92 camaros as 92. If you ask me it tarnish the true 25th. If you can not get the clean title , Find a 92 off ebay that has a title in the parts car section and swap vins. I know some one that swap vin from his 97 v-6 camaro into a v-8 camaro just to get the cheaper insurance. If my informationis wrong about the heritage edition package I'm sorry. And the pics of the car are not coming up can ou send me some. also were are you out of?
Is there a way to put thoses badges on so that they can't be removed? I just got my car repainted and want to put that Heritage badge back on but I want it to stay on. Any ideas?

Are you interested in selling one of your badges. I want a backup badge.

I never see them in the yards!

Last edited by 86NiteRider; 12-31-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Supreme Member

this happen more than you think there buddy, and The a few people on the board that I know for a fact have done a vin swap. They you just tell dmv you change the color on the car if that states has color on the title.
Hmmmmm....I don't recall telling him that it never happens. I told him to steer clear of it because it is a HUGE felony and it is immediatly followed up by some serious jail time. If there are people who have done it, so be it. He's working his problem the right way and in the end hopefully everything will come out alright.

P.S. you are in the military right? isn't there a little something about Pride, Honor, and Integrity involved in that? I thought that sometime, once maybe, that I heard someone say those three words when referring to the military. I could be wrong tho. It just seems strange to me that someone who represents so much would have so little Pride for themselves, and a severe lack of Honor and Integirty to go as far as to continue to promote criminal activity to a brother at arms?? Just a thought.....
Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Supreme Member

For the rest of you, Metaldrgn included, in the military (any, and all branches) thank you for your service. I have no doubt that the rest of you cherish those three words and I in no way meant to defoul them. It just seems wrong to me that he continue to promote this activity.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:07 AM

911rsq you have no idea what the hell your talking about!!!! All I told the guy was that I knew a guy that was in the same boat. He end up doing a vin swap on the same year, make and model. My buddy buy a car off ebay and got screwed over. That camaro was trashed and some one in texas did a half *** job to repair it when it should on gone to the crusher. SO we pull the driver train and up it all in to his v-6 model. But the v-6 model was pulled out of a junk yard the same way this guy is trying to due and after 5 years dealing with the city , and the state on day it he said the hell with it call a glass company and had them pull both front windows shields. 2 dyas later the glass company came back and pull new glass in the one he was going to drive. Plus taking to main 1 gen and 2 gen f-body owner have had to do this as well. They find a sweet shell but no title for the car and DMV either will not give out the perious owner information, or it's too old to bring up the information. So they find a rusted out junker shell with a good title and do a vin swap.

Originally Posted by 911rsq
For the rest of you, Metaldrgn included, in the military (any, and all branches) thank you for your service. I have no doubt that the rest of you cherish those three words and I in no way meant to defoul them. It just seems wrong to me that he continue to promote this activity.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
Vin swaps were done more than people realize. But metaldrgn is trying to do the right thing so we must respect that and try to help him. If he goes the vin swap route that is his choice. metaldrgn must try to be patient but I know it is hard to do. I too have been following this since it's start and believe you will get a positive result.

Last edited by 86NiteRider; 03-03-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:32 PM

I agree with you there 86NiteRider, BUt it's seam as he has hit the same dead end as I have hit with my 78 z28. I'm still fight the system here but with the car almost finished It looks as I be do a vin swap myself.

Originally Posted by 86NiteRider
Vin swaps were done more than people realize. But metaldrgn is trying to do the right thing so we must respect that and try to help him. If he goes the vin swap route that is his choice. metaldrgn must try to be patient but I know it is hard to do. I too have been following this since it's begining and believe you will get a positive result.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Supreme Member

I agree with you there 86NiteRider, BUt it's seam as he has hit the same dead end as I have hit with my 78 z28. I'm still fight the system here but with the car almost finished It looks as I be do a vin swap myself.

No comment....
Old 01-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70
Man this thread is so depressing... I hope you save it man.

But if you can't, just make it a race car and have fun with it.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 AM

lol I see I missed quite a bit. I don't care to do the VIN swapping because like I've said before, the consequences aren't worth it. Plus I am a very honest and law abiding person (I consider the speed limit to be a flexible law ).

You got the integrity part right. Doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It's just the way I am and have always been. The others if anyone really wants to know are Service before self and Excellence in all we (the military) do.

Loop holes are going to be my legal alternatives to getting it back if I can't do it through the towing company. I would have to keep looking into the laws from state to state to find out what else can be done. I believe the dealership the owners got this car from went out of business because their phone numbers don't work, they aren't listed, and the BBB doesn't show them. The DMV of tennessee said I had to have to have an attorney to make a court order to release the lien from that company. I have to go back through and read the laws again because the towing company should have had to send in a letter of good faith or whatever that the lien holders could not be found and to release it before they could take ownership. someone isn't doing their job and I know I need to hurry up and get on it before it's too late, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep trying when you think you are so close and then you find that you are again just as far away. I mean I am getting closer, but still nothing concrete yet.

I have thought about making it just more of a drag or track car. I have to get the tranny rebuild first and then see how much it's going to cost to build my LT1.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Supreme Member

Keep at it man. we are all still out here cheering you on and hoping to see the good outcome that you (and all of us) want!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 PM

Re: '92 RS 25th Anniversary

Well I finally took her out of the garage last week to clean my garage and give her a bath that she much needed then put her back in. Engine still not running. Haven't messed with it in awhile, but I have an idea what I'm going to do next. I know where the problem is, just have to finish troubleshooting it.

I bought some law school books which will help me on my way to get this title back. I'm now on midshift so I have more time for stuff like reading so I can find out what I need to for this title thing. Every time I think of it it just seems so stupid that I can't get the title easier seeing how there was no accident or damage from anything major. That's why I'm looking at the legal side of it. It's tough, but I think I can do it. The hardest part for me is going to be staying focused and finish the books so I can look into some other options.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM

I'm still here and still have the car with no title. I just talked to the DMV and they are calling the main DMV in tallahassee, Fl to see if they are going to give me a title or not so they can do their complience examination. The same ppl still work at the DMV as before so I'm still having troubles just getting them to believe me. I think I'm ready to give up though. The car has more than paid for itself from the parts I've been able to use from it (insurance and failed parts). I finally have a tow vehicle and the money to get it over to the DMV if it actually works out...

It's not going to work out. They just called back. I still have to go through the towing company to get the title back and I don't want to pay $500 or deal with them anymore. I'm tired of trying to reason with people about this. I don't even know if the same people are there or if they would still do that anyhow becuase it's been so long. As much as I don't want to give up, I just can't keep holding onto it. I've got 4 cars now not including that one so I really need to downsize some. I will probably just list it on craigslist first or sell it to a salvage yard if no one on here wants it first.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Metaldrgn
I'm still here and still have the car with no title. I just talked to the DMV and they are calling the main DMV in tallahassee, Fl to see if they are going to give me a title or not so they can do their complience examination. The same ppl still work at the DMV as before so I'm still having troubles just getting them to believe me. I think I'm ready to give up though. The car has more than paid for itself from the parts I've been able to use from it (insurance and failed parts). I finally have a tow vehicle and the money to get it over to the DMV if it actually works out...

It's not going to work out. They just called back. I still have to go through the towing company to get the title back and I don't want to pay $500 or deal with them anymore. I'm tired of trying to reason with people about this. I don't even know if the same people are there or if they would still do that anyhow because it's been so long. As much as I don't want to give up, I just can't keep holding onto it. I've got 4 cars now not including that one so I really need to downsize some. I will probably just list it on craigslist first or sell it to a salvage yard if no one on here wants it first.
So all you have to do is pay the tow company 500 bucks to get the title?

I have been watching this one the whole time hoping you get it going again. Its too bad such a car has to go to waste. you could look for a wrecked one and do a little vin swapping though. SHHHH its illegal!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 PM

rofl I know I could, but it just wouldn't be the same and I just don't want to run the risk.

Also I don't want to deal with the towing company anymore and once they hear about it still having the lean from tennessee they will probably not do it because they would have to do more work. I really don't want to write a statement for the DMV for them either.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 AM

sorry about your luck I personally am proud of you for doing the right thing in not swapping vins. Are you still in Florida if you were in MN I would definitely consider buying this as a parts car.

Now I'm not sure if this interests you or not but you could always buy a 3rd gen that has been stripped and use this one as a parts car. I have to say you tried your best and got screwed but good luck in whatever you decide
Old 10-23-2009, 02:15 PM

I'm still in Florida. I've used quite a few of the parts on my '85 camaro and I could use a few more parts before I sell or give it away. It definitely was a good choice even though I didn't get to use it.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:07 PM

I know it's been awhile, but I just wanted to finish this thread. I moved last year and couldn't take the car with me so I sold it. Even without being able to drive it it still made life easier and I'm glad I had it.