Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Mouse IN Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Z28
Engine: Tree Fiddy (modded)
Transmission: 700R4
Originally posted by JeremyNYR
Thanks for the backup there. My objection is related to how some people get pleasure out of causing pain to animals. It's a sickness. If a creature is self-aware, it generally is capable of feeling pain... particularly those evolved enough to have central nervous systems. A mouse is a mammal last i checked and they certainly feel it when you suck them up with a vacuum, shoot them with a bb gun and grab them with plyers. And the mouse killing me and my family if they had the chance... friggin hilarious
For household pets and animals that dont cause mass destruction, yeah I could see. If someone hurt my cat belive me i would hurt them worse. BUT, what I am saying, its a mouse, there are millions around that keep destroying things we love (ie: cars) so let me get this straight, if a mouse tore up your thirdgen, given its a nice thirgen, you are just gonna calmly put him back into the wild? I would ring his friggen neck till he turned blue. I can see why you bring up something if someone maybe, slowly put it to death in some weird creepy way, but whatever, I dont care about mice, there are to many an they shouldnt mess with our cars

As for firebirdjosh, painlessly or not, its still killing it
Old 12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 86 T/A
Engine: HSR 355
Axle/Gears: 2.77 posi
Originally posted by 83_Camaro_83

As for firebirdjosh, painlessly or not, its still killing it
You're absolutely right, torturing innocent animals is perfectly alright, what was I thinking? I'll just stop posting since 1. the Mods won't have to waste their time editting posts and 2. you are clearly an imbecile.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

To Mr hardcore "firebirdjosh"

man, you must be ultra retarded to the max, did i say it as perfectly alright? noooo....learn to read, and innocent? no, if they are tearing up your ride, why kill them? let them be! cause ya know, we all can afford new interior everyday, go join up with green peace you friggin hippy. Maybe before you jump in and act like jesus you should actually add someting to the topic, your wasting everyones time.

To the orignial poster. Yes the garage idea works, my uncle did it, but make sure if your garage is attached to your house that you got a good seal on your door
Old 12-29-2004, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 T.B.I. (Vin tag "E" = LO3)
Transmission: THM-700-R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi 3.23
if a mouse tore up my interior, id b pissed. there would b no way id waste my time to trap it n then re-release it into the wild. why would i do that, so it could make more mice, n comeback to my garage n wreck more stuff? It isnt easy to find parts for our cars, so I c nothin wrong with killin a few mice after it killed my CAR.
Car or mice, which do u love more?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Supreme Member

finally, someone who actually makes sence, agreed 100% Derek
Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro Z-28
Engine: 305 V-8 4BBL (H) Supercharged
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi
Pepper it!!

Put plain old black table pepper everywhere you find mouse poop. Rodents hate pepper. He might be getting in at the tranny tunnel opening for the shifter cable. Pepper spray works wonders too. I had problems with squirells eating my wires and hoses until I started peppering the intake manifold and around the firewall and battery. No destruction now!! Best of all it's natural.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 4.10 gears
just to clear up my view here... i'm no hippie. I don't have a problem with killing mice. I only responded to someone talking about being particularly cruel to the mice they caught. I think cruelty to animanls is a sickness, but extermination is a fact of life sometimes. I've had mice in my garage and I just kicked them out basically. If i continue to have a problem, I'll set traps without much hesitation. If you need to kill them, then fine. But I don't see the point in torturing them unnecissarily in the process. That's all I'll say on this topic
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 PM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 305
Transmission: T5
no need to go killing, just trap the critter and let em' go in a field away from your car. i've never had one come back yet. or keep it as a pet, they only live about 2 years anyway.

look at it this way, we tare down the animals homes to make way for our own and their just trying to get a little bit back
Old 01-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Originally posted by Rage13
no need to go killing, just trap the critter and let em' go in a field away from your car. i've never had one come back yet. or keep it as a pet, they only live about 2 years anyway.

look at it this way, we tare down the animals homes to make way for our own and their just trying to get a little bit back
In all honest, this is probably what I would do. Trap them and take them FAR away. We had flying squirrels in our attic when I was a kid. We trapped them all one by one and took them out to the same field about 5 miles away. Then fixed the hole they put in the peek of the roof to get in with a metal plate behind the wood. No more squirrels.

There were some mice at a barn I rode my horse at. I adopted this cute kitten. Only catch was Mom said he had to stay at the barn. Well, someone accidently locked him in the feed room where there was only rat poison on the floor to eat. That was the worst thing to watch the next day as he died from the poison. Vet was unable to do anything to help. If he had been older he might ahve pulled thru, but as a kitten, they were unsure if he was strong enough to pull thru. Nope! For that I can't ever bring myself to use a poison. A: because it is not quick & B: you never know if a pet could get into it! Or heck if the pet eats the dead poisoned mouse that could kill the pet as well!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Car: 85 TA
Engine: 350
This has to be one of the funniest things i have read in a long time. Especially on here. LOL That was great.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TCI Streetfighter TH350
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42
we use .38SP shot shells to get rid of our rodents, they are like little shotgun shells, they work pretty damn good for chipmunks, squirrels, mice and whatnot. quick and easy, dont worry they dont feel much, tears em right up

we have a big shed and when we first moved here we stored alot of clothes and curtains and other misc things we havent moved into our house yet, and after the first winter here, taking all the stuff out, finding holes in all our good hunting clothes and stuff, we decided we decided to have a zero tolerance policy with rodents. we killed 6 chipmunks in our shed this summer, and we are currently hunting down a squirrel that ive seen in there, no evidence of tampering yet, but its bound to happen, and my camaro is in that same shed, im not going to take that risk.

oh and the car exhaust thing works good for gophers too, just get some of that flexible exhaust hose, dig open one of their tunnels, stuck the pipe in and cover it up, start the truck, viola! no more huge mounds of dirt popping up everywhere
Old 01-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 83_Camaro_83
This works, my uncle did it by accident

- park the car in the garage
- close garage door
- start car
- go have a nap (away from the garage, belive me )
- after 30 minutes open garage
- let fumes out
- congrats, you just killed every single thing that lives in your garage
- find corpse

sounds like an awsome idea....wait...i dont have a garage..
Old 01-07-2005, 07:24 PM

omg IHAVE LIKE THREE MICE LIVING IN MY IROC.... then theres the damn acorns under the TPI plenum... one time the mouse thought he was smart and climbed underneath the screen under the wipers where the air goes into the vents.....i showed him tho, i turnd the wipers on high and blasted the heat!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:48 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 IROC w/Danko bodykit, 1988 iroc vert, 1989 k1500 pickup 6" lift and 35" tires, 2002 chevy tahoe z71
Engine: 383 stealth ram, 305 tpi, 350 tbi, 5.3l
Transmission: T56, 700r4, 700r4, 4l460
put some gas on the floor with a piece of cheese in the middle, wait for him and than lite it. hey it always worked in looney tunes