Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

altezza tailights

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Kitt
Engine: Classified
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Moser/4:11
Originally posted by CaysE
pimp ride!
yeah..I had to drive around like that for 2 freaking months!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
altezza? is that even a friggin word? or is it like street slang?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
Bahahahhaa... its a type of car... made by toyota buddy..
Old 06-16-2004, 10:23 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, and read the thread before asking, it's already been mentioned twice.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:30 PM

Car: 88 Camaro S/C
Engine: 350
I don't think they'd be considered altezza's, but I've seen some newer Saleen's with some freakin' awesome carbonfiber/black taillights. I love 'em, anyone know which one's I'm talking about?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by tamatt27
Or you could just take the tail lights completely apart, and put red bulbs on them beceuse your blackout was WAY late and the reflectors fell off
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2004, 07:34 AM

Car: I
Engine: Taunt
Transmission: Mustangs
Attached Thumbnails altezza tailights-ricedgarfield.jpg  
Old 06-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Sorry I have been missing as of late!

My birdie runs stock bird lights that have been modified. The closest I have come to some type of altezza light is to remove the grids from the TA taillights for the 82...

Yep I'm still alive...so I have been missing from the internet. Because of the job I got last Aug, I could not get online at work like I used to. At home... Up until a few days ago I had some serious cable issues with my cable modem...can you say idoit cable repair guys! I had tried cable because the phone lines here have always carried to much static, so the dial up and dsl route did not work! SO I went with cable...good idea, yeah right.

I have been complaining for years about poor tv reception. At one point they inspected the cable lines & said I had a negative input. Instead of replacing the line, the put in an amp. Well that sort of worked, till I got internet cable access a few monthes ago. It never worked, thought it was a virus, but it was the darn old lines from the road. So finally after all these years of bad reception & complaining someone finally agreed w/ me and replaced the freaking line up to the road. I can finally get online and see all my channels clear! Yeah!

Now I just have to find time to post...I have a ton of emails to check up on. My website is a mess...cardomain did something and all my pics are mixed up. Then when I do move them the sizes are wrong! Man what 9mo of neglect can do!

Still going strong on Raif though...more performance stuff lately. Did an engine swap...nope not a V-8 though, had to have the car back up and running too soon. Instead a 3.4 block swap. See, my back up dually got stolen as some of you know. It's now engine & transmissionless, so it made Raif my only car. So the 3.4 was a good quick upgrade...gave me 75 extra ftlbs of torque! HP is up too, but not enough...going to do some more aggressive porting the help the car breath and go with bigger exhaust. Then once the 82 is done right I will put a real motor in RAIF.

How's that for an I'm back post!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
hmmm i never realized she was a girl, thats awesome.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 iroc-z custom
Engine: 355 tuned port
Transmission: 5spd baby, only way to go
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Re: Sorry I have been missing as of late!

Originally posted by redraif
My birdie runs stock bird lights that have been modified. The closest I have come to some type of altezza light is to remove the grids from the TA taillights for the 82...

Yep I'm still alive...so I have been missing from the internet. Because of the job I got last Aug, I could not get online at work like I used to. At home... Up until a few days ago I had some serious cable issues with my cable modem...can you say idoit cable repair guys! I had tried cable because the phone lines here have always carried to much static, so the dial up and dsl route did not work! SO I went with cable...good idea, yeah right.

I have been complaining for years about poor tv reception. At one point they inspected the cable lines & said I had a negative input. Instead of replacing the line, the put in an amp. Well that sort of worked, till I got internet cable access a few monthes ago. It never worked, thought it was a virus, but it was the darn old lines from the road. So finally after all these years of bad reception & complaining someone finally agreed w/ me and replaced the freaking line up to the road. I can finally get online and see all my channels clear! Yeah!

Now I just have to find time to post...I have a ton of emails to check up on. My website is a mess...cardomain did something and all my pics are mixed up. Then when I do move them the sizes are wrong! Man what 9mo of neglect can do!

Still going strong on Raif though...more performance stuff lately. Did an engine swap...nope not a V-8 though, had to have the car back up and running too soon. Instead a 3.4 block swap. See, my back up dually got stolen as some of you know. It's now engine & transmissionless, so it made Raif my only car. So the 3.4 was a good quick upgrade...gave me 75 extra ftlbs of torque! HP is up too, but not enough...going to do some more aggressive porting the help the car breath and go with bigger exhaust. Then once the 82 is done right I will put a real motor in RAIF.

How's that for an I'm back post!
nice to have you back shannon..keep customizing i wanna see this new car of yours too!!

you goin to nopi nats this year? i was thinkin of makin the trip..we'll see..

iroc2nv
Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
Welcome back Shannon, don't be a stranger
Old 06-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Re: Sorry I have been missing as of late!

Originally posted by iroc2nv
nice to have you back shannon..keep customizing i wanna see this new car of yours too!!

you goin to nopi nats this year? i was thinkin of makin the trip..we'll see..

iroc2nv
Nopi, Hmmm, not sure. I keep threatening to not go back since the whole thing is rigged, but I would still want to go look around. And since the entry fee for the car gives you two 2 day passes for cheaper then you can buy them as spectators...I might still go. Its all a racket. There are cool things you get to do like drive around the track on Fri and see the drifting they added last year. Heck they have Autocrossing, so I may try my hand at that!