Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Cowl hood plus S/C scoop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cowl hood plus S/C scoop?

Hi all.

Here's what I've been imaging lately: a roots-type mini-blower (i.e. Weiand 144), with the mean looking 3-hole blower scoop, with the scoop just barely poking out of a hole cut in about a 4-inch cowl hood.

The idea (my idea) is to have the scoop about halfway visible, with the front edge of the hood-hole right about level with the throttle blade pivots. Sort of a funny-car look. I guess it could hardly be called a "stealth" look, but that's the effect I'm going for here.

So, several questions. Obviously, will this work? Or will there be clearance issues with the blower belt? I'd rather have just a small square-ish hole for the scoop only, without having to add a t-notch to allow the blower belt/pulley to poke out.

I have heard that the miniblower setup can fit under a 6" cowl, true or not?

I would be very interested to see some pics of cars (not necessarily 3G) like this. I would also appreciate any diagram-type pics I could play around with.

I would be MUCH LESS interested in opinions on the aesthetics of such a look.

Thanks, y'all!
JC, Austin, TX
Old 05-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Z/28..39 Plymouth truck in progress
Engine: S/B
Transmission: Manual
Here are some old pics of my car from 1986 as you can see even with the flat hood there is no belt clearance issue also yours will be lower because of the dual carb. adapter

Old 05-26-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! Thank you very much.

JC