Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Ooooopppppssss!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ooooopppppssss!!!!!

Ok, I keep the story short:

Beautiful day yesterday, had t-tops off for a cruise aroudn town and picked up a few movies. *** drunk at home and went to sleep. I get woken up at 6:30AM for some unknown reason(dehydration most likely), all seems well, so I grab somethign to drink and go back to sleep. I wake up again at 8:30AM to the sound of thunder and pouring rain, ****! I ran outside in my shorts, put my t-ops back on, came back in to get some towels and my keys and put the windows up, and soaked up standing water on the passenger floor and the door panels.

What else do I need to do? The interior was completely soaked! Anything I need to worry about? First time this has ever happened to this extent. Only other time was when I was 1 minute away from the car and had eveythign put back on ASAP. But this time it probably rained on it for an hour or so. What do I do?
Old 04-25-2004, 10:03 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Get a good wet/dry shop vacuum and soak up the water from the carpet and seats. Might remove seats and lift carpet up to dry out some because the jute padding underneath is soaked.