Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Interior Color Change..... in progress.. Pics inside...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
and also, we're not like you. If you dont like it then fine, whatever. But it seems that you have never posted one positive comment on this board ever. Every comment you've ever given me was a negative one. Why cant you just play nice? I mean i dont go on here posting bad crap liek you ALL THE TIME. I am on here to post the mods to my car and to discus thirdgens; Not to dawg on people, but to learn. Maybe you should do the same. It would help a little.

Shane
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 AM

Car: 1990 TA
Engine: LB9 305
Transmission: 4L60
For all that aggravation you're going through, I'd wait till that new job starts paying and invest in a new black carpet rather than buying new dyes and paints hoping it will work.

The rest looks alright though.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
It is bull**** that a mod can say " if you give a negative opinion ill edit your post" But if i say "cool dude looks great!" the mod doesnt say ****.

I mean argueing is different but when you post something its open to opinions either way.

Then they use the "this is a tech site" ok then every post about, "these tires are great" or "these speakers sound great"
Or "my new tint looks great" should be deleted because they are all based on opinions!

Back to the sub,

The doors look good

The sail panels? no

And the carpet? I know you dyed it black but its purple man..Id get a new carpet.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:35 AM

Car: 86 camaro
Engine: 2.8 multiport cross fire injection
Transmission: 5 speed
i agree pasky and waste of space and waste of others time reading that junk

that post is the reason ppl are always givin this site a bad name and mods got watch this junk so much.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
Wow 3 pages already all because of purple carpet and vinyl sail panels.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:40 AM

hmm i kinda think there bad opinion delteling post only goes for this one???? due to the fighting and very harsh bad comments.
i agree if someone asks for comments and opinions then nah sayin no man dont liek it or nope wouldnt do it or why u do that looks bad.?
them could stand not to be deleted
but some of the wrose ones liek mna u are such an idiot u ruined perfect car doin stupid immature junk doin that yea thoose should be maybe i dunno just my opinions lol.

i think its doing quite nicely but yea if u want a rich black carpet spend about 20 and get full front n rear in black.
the paddock has em for round that price.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:59 AM

lol yea 3 of em.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
Shane if you bother looking at posts that arent yours you'll see tons of comments and helpful info posted by me, feel free to do a search. As for why mods are deleting negative comments it's because everytime someone starts saying something negative you know who goes crying to mods and gets them involved in his posts which is obserd... thats all I was trying to say!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS Camaro (Jet Black)
Engine: 95 383 CI (6.3) LT1
Transmission: 95 T-56
Its not that he is crying to mods, its people with extremely negative and rude comments like you have been posting and it annoys the heck out of me as well. Contructive criticism is good, there is nothing wrong with saying what you don't like, there are plenty of cars on this site that have a few wacky things done to them.

No offense to benoit, but I don't like his hood at all, im sure he loves it and that is what matters and if he wanted to post a write up about how he did it, great, maybe someone else might see it and say "Damn I like that, now I can do it". I wouldn't use it, but if someone else would like to do it...great for them, now they got a blue print to start with.

Thats what this site is for and as far as im concerned Kidrth is contributing to that sort of behavior, you don't have to like it, no one is gonna steal your keys and do it to yoru car so keep that crap in your pants. Rather than being rude, all you gotta say is I don't like it, blah blah blah.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
actually guys, i got another question. Is there anyway to bolt more racing seats in the back. Something besides the stock 2-peice seats. Maybe i can put the covered front seats back there. Can i? I will have to get static mounts for the seats like the ones below. Will have todo some cutting of the old mounts and bolting of the new. But this is a my latest idea for the interior.

I swear, minus the fur, the interior will be the best one you will have ever seen once i'm done. Gotta wait for my pay, then i'm gonna buy more vinyl, then new seat covers, then a 97+ 4th gen console, then the new summit racing seats. I also wanna do 4th gen dash but i'm still debating with myself(lots of thinking time on the toilet). I am also hoping to learn howto fiberglass so i can make some interior peices. And fully make the car interior black, gonna need to die the cargo area carpet, soo...

The carpet is black my camera just need a firmwear update, i just dont have a memory card that is needed to do it. So i cant.

Last edited by therckid; 03-23-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:10 PM

thanks pasky its cool i did post about it for opinions and got alot of dont liek its when wasnt molded and painted but after molding and primer ppl loved it and i agre fully some might not but i do and some ppl like shanes stuff maybe not all but some i liek his interior and fur but dont care for the upright ttops but its creatvie needs refineing tho.

shane good idea on the rear seats i had thought of it myself or like leave backseats in and get some jr dragster seats or child seats w/ 5 points for the kiddies that be cool i think.
yea i couldnt see it not workin just fab up a mount to bolt to original or make yur own and remove old one.
might have go w/ some low backs since floors higer there somewhat esp the mounts and the drive shaft tunnel.
i think u coudl do it easy tho maybe remove the rim around the seats and get better idea of how to mount em and maybe trim botom off the plastic to let seats set further away fomr the tunnel.
rear buckets i think would be nice.
for that blower and motor man u goin to need em lol.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, Shane has not cried to any mod once about this thread. I just follow a lot of threads in this forum, as does GTA4ME.

The posts that I deleted were just down right rude or crude. I do think people have the right to free speech, but when you start saying stuff like "You're an idiot", I take exception to it.

There are rules to follow, and as one of the mods of this board, I enforce them. As you can see, I left most posts. I do not like to edit anyone threads, and only do it when "forced". Look at some of the posts and you will see that I left them as they are.

Now, this thread has lived long enough.....................

Questions? PM or email me.