Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Almost killed the dmv inspection guy..

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 trans am gta
Engine: tpi 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Almost killed the dmv inspection guy..

So I go to the dmv inspection garage today and I was in line for about 25 minutes so I was drinkin my coffee and the inspector guy walks up to me and says you have to get out of the car so I can run it through..Ok no problem So I get out and he tells me to go into the bubble to wait till the inspection is over . I stood in the window so I could see what they were doing . Everything went good till he brought out the floor jack .So I walk out of the bubble to tell the guy that these f-bodys do not have many good spots to jack them up and he turns to me and says listen buddy I have been doing this for 3 years and I know how to jack up these cars .So I give him the benefit of the dought and boom there he proceeds to put the jack right under the plastic ground effect and starts to jack up my car .WOH I come screaming out of the bubble saying dude your fuc*ing up my car and I show him where to put the jack under the sfc so nothing would get damaged .He looks at me and says if it were up to me I would just junk this old pos ..I wanted to flat out knock him on his *** .So I grab the jack out of his hands and put it under my sfc and start to jack it up .He looks at me and says sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave before I call the cops . I lost it And started screaming at this ******* saying WTF dmv had been down for how long now?? And you mean to tell me that with 6 months off dmv did'nt train you how to not damage incoming vehicles .Man what a crock of shiite If I was'nt watching this fuc*head he would've just totally fuc*ed up the underside of my car .So I calmed down and the supervisor came to evaluate the situation .I explained to him what was up and he was cool about it and said because of insurance that the public should not interfere wit the dmv inspections but in this case he let me show them how to lift a f-body..And also said that my gta was one of the cleanest he's seen in years ..All while capton douschebag was watching . It passed and is registered now.. Sorry about the long rant but be careful when yous get your cars inspected cause some of those guys just don't give a shiit and will damage your cars ..
Old 11-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 caddy PIMP
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: i dunno
damn man! I would have probably flipped just like you. Thank *** you were watching these dingleberries huh....
Old 11-15-2003, 11:25 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah tell me about it!! when buttnuggets like that dont care and just go to "jack up the car" bad things sometimes happen.

like my 88 formula 350 i had, that thing had some many dents in the weak parts of the body where jacks where used to jack the ccar up, its not even funny, luckily i didnt care to much because i needed a car, but if i owned the car when that happened i would of been mad also.

Thats why i do most of my work on my car, because I would feel better knowing at least its in my hands and no one else's.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:22 PM

Car: 1989 trans am gta
Engine: tpi 5.7
It just pisses me off when I spent the last 4 years restoring my gta to have some slack hack in 5 minutes almost destroy all the jack damage I repaired. I went through both sides and straightened out and fixed all the creases and dents from the last time some idiot went under it with a jack . I am so glad I caught him ..Or you guys wouldve probably seen on the news how some guy went totally postal in the dmv inspection .
Old 11-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 TransAm GTA
Engine: One sweet modified 355 TPI.
Transmission: The kind that shifts....
If it were my GTA I would have let him jack it up.

Simply because the morons who owned the car before me did the damage.

Since that was the case I would have blamed the DMV, and made them FIX it with new fenders. I would have sued them for the damage to my car.

And with the $5000 I would have probably won I'd have fixed my car up REALLY nice. ^_^
Old 11-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 283
Transmission: 700r4 Auto
geez that sucks but good thing you were watching!!

G0d knows what **** our cars go through when were not watching like paint shops,etc
Old 11-15-2003, 03:00 PM

Car: 1986/88 Frankenstein Trans Am
Engine: carbed L98
Transmission: T-5
sh*t that pisses me off that these jackasses cant admit that it's hard to know how to exactly how to jack up every car out there....cant they just take the advice of the owner of the car? jesus...to think how many f-bodies may have been ruined by supposed "professionals" im glad you caught him though man...

what state are you in BTW?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:06 PM

Car: 1991 z28
Engine: l98
Why were they jacking it up? If the start that crap here, I will simply pull my car out and tell those monkeys to **** off. I would rather have a certified mechanic, at a real garage put it on a lift if he needs to look underneath it.

Simply put, you should have grabbed the jack by the handle and winged it out the door.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, guys.......................