Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Few nicks in paint..and interior pieces missing

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 03:57 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 caddy PIMP
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: i dunno
Few nicks in paint..and interior pieces missing HELP me?

Hey guys. I too own an f body. And like alot of the ones for sale. Mine needs some interior/possibly exterior work before I sell it.

1st question- Ive got a few scratches from maybe rain, tiny rocks etc. Nothing big but Id like to touch them up. I tried that touch up paint stuff but it seems to be all bubbly... ewwww..I was wondering what I would have to do to make it look a little better. Whether I could just spray over it, or If I would need to sand it and how about going through with the process.

2nd--Last winter my stupid *** brother yanked off my interior door handle. Like it broke off. How would I go about replacing it? Would I need to take off the door panel? And how would I go about doing that? Im sure its pretty easy. Ive just been lazy to get around to figuring it out.

3rd. What kinda dash besides the seats, center console shifter area would I need to take out to put in a new rug? And is it pretty easy?

I want to kinda re do some of my interior before I sell it cuz I know ppl will jew me down on some things.

I also need shocks for the hatch and hood. If anyone has any for sale. PM me or IM me. whatever.... Laterz

nate

Last edited by ddn69; 11-14-2003 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 caddy PIMP
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: i dunno
bump
Old 11-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 08 Sierra, 08 Silverado, 91 z28
Engine: 5.3, 4.3, 5.7
Transmission: autos
uhh why'd u make 2 threads?
Old 11-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
For the carpet, you need to pull the radio and pod, the seats, the rocker panels, the kick panels, hush panels, rear seatbelt trim, sail panels, spare tire panel, and the rear hatch panel that covers the latch, or basically everything except for the dashboard that sits in front of the front seats itself. Don't worry, most of it is held in with philips screws, and the seats are 1/2 inch and 13mm for the front seats. The console is 2 10mm screws and a 12 mm screw hidden under the shifter plate, and the radio pod is 9/32 screws and maybe a 12mm nut hidden inside behind the radio.The worst part about this is removing the rear seats so you can get at the rest of the paneling and so is reinstallint the sail paneling. Lining up those holes is a real pain.

To take off the door panel, you unscrew the interior trim with a philips screwdriver, take off the armrest with either an allen wrench of a torx bit (been a while and I don't remember exactly what size) the you gently pry at the bottom outer corner of the panel with either a crowbar (flat steel kind) or a large standard screwdriver. Once the corner is free, then you pull out all of the plastic tabs holding the panel on and let it come free. Now, you need to roll down the window to remove the top. This is kind of awkwards to do, but you have to place a hand on the top trim panel and hold it against the outer part of the door as you push up on the entire panel from the bottom. It will come free rather easily. As for the process on removing the handle, I have no idea because I have not had to do it, but I think all you have to do is unbolt it from the door shell and disengage the rod from the back of it then install the new one.