Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Hawks "Super Duty" Hood for firebirds

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 96 SS, 88 IROC
Engine: Lt1, TPI
Transmission: m6,a4
Axle/Gears: 3.90. 3.73
Hawks "Super Duty" Hood for firebirds

Hey guys well my car got all keyed up over the weekend, I guess someone in my complex doesnt like me... Hmmm I dont talk to anyone to avoid problems like these.. Well my 2500$ paint job was ruined only 3months old also :-( i got a rip in my spoiler from a knife or something they used, key marks all up the sides of the car, and a nice little ding in the center of my hood where a rock was at... I HATE PEOPLE IN ORLANDO!!! (NOT U THIRDGEN MEMBERS)... So im going to order this super duty hood from hawks, looks exactly like the 4th gen ss hood, along with the 4th ta spolier, any thoughts on this, I will be posting pic's asap. I need to find a good paint shop around orlando... Jealous people ruined the world for everyone, why cant they just admire the beauty of something instead of destroying it..
Old 10-26-2003, 03:52 PM

Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: T5
that really really does suck... some people are just *******s.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Supreme Member

if i lived in that area i would def have vandalism on my insurance
Old 10-26-2003, 06:27 PM

Yea i wish I could get insurance like that.... Here in Fl. theres no such thing as "TORTS". So basically if ur not in a wreck u have to pay out of pocket... But I will be posting pics of these to products on a NONE TRANSAM model, but a Formula model Firebird.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:06 PM

hey, i'm in orlando as well.

Which area you in?

I have a friend w/ a saturn that he got in an accident and had to get his bumber & some other stuff painted. He went to this shop on OBT.

YOu know where central fl parkway and OBT are. WEl... keep going north on OBT, don't turn or anything, and you know the ford dealership right, accross the street, there's a small dealership, like out of home or something, rofl. and that storefront that's like.. i duno what's there now, but behind that, there's this pinkish building back there. That's where my friend got his saturn painted. Pretty good work from what i could tell, could of been a bit smoother, but it was still good work. I liked it. Other than that, behind that place(you have to go town center, to the east, from OBT, going north, and then the first road on the left, there's another paint/body place there, duno their work though.

There is also a place on oakridge road, right before you get to south orange ave(where my job is at, w00t), well anyways, it's right at the railroad track, they always have old cars there, beautiful old cars, and like, fedex trucks and all, so i'm guessing they do awesome work. i mean, common, see fedex going to them, and other major companies? and old cars? they gotta be kick butt. I duno about prices though.

BTW.. you going to race rock this saturday? gonna go there, then go to bithlo w/ a couple 3rdgenners i know.

& sorry to hear about the vandals, which area you live at? i'm right near kissimmee, never had any problems. But i'm just like you & keep my mouth shut.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:30 AM

Im over in WinterPark, like kinda near UCF.... Yea im going to be getting a new hood and spoiler cuz mine got knifed up hardcore.. Really sux, every little noise i hear im outside like WTF now.... Rock Race what is that? New to the area fill me in.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:10 AM

Car: '86 Trans Am
Engine: LG4
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Posi disc 9 bolt
Tax deductions....

Remember,

Vandalism is tax deductable if your insurance doesn't cover it.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:00 AM

jim, are you serious?
Old 10-27-2003, 08:56 AM

wait are you serious, would i have to report it to the police though because i didnt.. and i started to try and repair most of the damage wow that is way kewl tax cut yay
Old 10-27-2003, 02:24 PM

Car: '86 Trans Am
Engine: LG4
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Posi disc 9 bolt
Yep. I use Turbo Tax Online and it goes right into "losses" and "vandalism". I don't think a police report is necessary. Are they really gonna come out because someone is hating on your car?

Maybe have some pictures and estimates for repairs available and keep a copy of you tax report saved online.

A house I leased caught fire due to an electrical short in an 12x12 shed on the property and caught the house on fire. I lost pretty much everything, less a few clothes and my cars. The owners insurance wouldn't pony up and this was the only place that I didn't have renters insurance (you know, rushing off to war and all) so the owners insurance told me to pack sand.

The local IRS office in your area has forms for you to fill out about your losses and you can also get them online. With the losses on my stuff and a war exemption, I should clean up this year.

Jim.