Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Where did this come from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 12:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1983 Trans Am
Engine: N/A
Transmission: N/A
Where did this come from?

I took out the carpet so I could dye it and then I started sanding the interior so I could spray some primer down and get some new insulation in.

I discovered rust under the driver side rear passenger seat, I am not too concerned about it, I got POR 15 and such.

BUT. I dont want it to rust anymore, so where do you suppose the water that did this damage came from?

Furthermore... This bolt is rusted.... but what does it connect to? Can I just take it out and replace it, or does it hook to the rear suspsension somewhere?

Old 07-24-2003, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1983 Camaro "SC-350"
Engine: Mild 350 4-bolt
Transmission: 700R4 w/ TCI Stall
Re: Where did this come from?

Originally posted by Midnight Sun
Furthermore... This bolt is rusted.... but what does it connect to? Can I just take it out and replace it, or does it hook to the rear suspsension somewhere?

That is where your rear shock comes through....you cant replace it unless you wanna replace the whole shock....
Old 07-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 4L60 automatic
The caulking around the hatch hinge bolts,where the hinge bolts to the roof, may be bad and causing the leak.Also besides the caulking there are gaskets there too.Another possibility is the weather stripping is coming loose in that area too.