Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

May have a possible lead to fixing the leaking t-tops around the doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May have a possible lead to fixing the leaking t-tops around the doors

Does anyone own a 4th gen with the vent shades on them how long do they run? B/c it maybe possible to custom cut them to fit ares cars. Another thing I was thinking in mine was to put gutters that run from the start of the t-tops down to bottom this way the water would never run by the edge of the glass and wouldnt have water running inside the door. I know some problems where the center bar top and bottom leaks through the headliner. Mine car had new weatherstripping but the person who put it in left holes where ur shouldnt have causing water to leaking through my sunvisors and to my back seats. Throughs problems where fixed with silcone and they hadnt leak for me since. Now back to theses gutters what do you guys think? I will look around and see what i can find my plan was to run them where the weatherstripping run right above the rubber and double side it with tape.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Engine: 5.7 LS1
Transmission: T56
the only problem with this if you want to take the tops off you will ahve to build in a seal on the same line that leaks, leading to future leaks. I have an 89 with factory seals and no leaks. Try adjusting everything.