Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Vette/70 Camaro Tail Search Motion Performace

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Baldwin Iroc-Z
Engine: 355 860 carb, hilift, rollers, forged p, bored, headers, chrome...etc
Transmission: 5 speed hurst
Vette/70 Camaro Tail Search Motion Performace

I’ve been desperately trying to get a hold of motion performance regarding an iroc-z custom tail section with zr-1 lights…the phone numbers I get don’t work, can someone email me back with a phone number at djlee@theelectricfront.com

I want a clip like this so i can customize it further, and roll pan my bumper possibly. id actually like this back clip, but with the round rear taillights of the 1970 camaro with the backups in the centre of the inner circled lights....hell the license plate is even in the right spot!

If anyone has one to sell or knows the best way to do this on my own please write me as well. I like this board alot, and hope to have pics of my show stopper when its done....
Old 07-22-2003, 04:33 PM

ZR-1 Tail Mod Thankx!

This forum rules, thanks for the email you sent informing me so quickly, i have now found what i need my only concern now is rear side blinkers.....hmmmm and putting them into my rear quarter
Old 07-22-2003, 05:37 PM

Blinkers Solved.....

side blinkers solved, all i have to do is find a couple firebird lower quarters and put them in the same place on my camaro quarters, just weld them in....

as for the backup lights im wondering when i get the zr-1 tail if i can cut out the back part where the licence plate is, and make it more recessed, eg. where it site now....and if i can say widen the opening for the plate so as to accomodate the vette reverse lights that surround the plate hmm....

btw, didnt someone say they made a braket out of old camaro lights?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:21 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro IROC Z28
Engine: 355
Transmission: 1994 T56
Axle/Gears: BW 3.27 (stock)
yeah, i cut up a set of taillights to make a set of brackets that hold the vette lights in place with some of the same studs and nuts that the taillights use normally.

unfortunately i don't have any pictures of the mounting setup.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:41 AM

thankx wraith....i talked to the joel guy from motions, and he says it isnt all that hard. id like to maybe fiberglass the seams between the clip and the bumper and sides up, but then you wouldnt be able to change the lights right? or is there a way around that? btw this is the only back light conversion kit right? have you ever seen others? i never do, its always 93 and up. Im working with an 85.

*** id love to fit the whole vette rear end on, i measured them and theyre SOOOO close, both 63.5 inches wide, and similar height, the main difference is that the bumper on the iroc sticks out, you would have to roll pan it or something, and i cant find a kit, or someone to do it right for me

i also wouldnt mind putting the round 70 camaro lights in the back of this clip im buying, however i think it would cost major bux to alter it

i wish there was a roll pan or something, if i knew a damn about how to do fiberglass myself, i would make it by altering a vetter rear end since the dimensions are close, or make the 70 camaro back panel (that would solve the backup light problem as well.

i wish you HAD got ahold of the guy who had the vette rear end on! hel i even saw a pic online of a guy with a fiero with a well done vetter rear end! looked like hell from the side though heh.

if you guys know how to solve any of this lemme know or send me links, you guys have been great help to me in decision making already, and ive only been on this board for 36 hours!

i also gotta get some vents, or figure out how to vent my car, the headers and rebuilt carbed 355 monster under the hood is wayyyyy to hot (though the engine itself runs around 110). i was hoping to keep the classy louvers on my hood, maybe router the backside of the depth of them, then have someone chrome them, and make them functional by cutting a hole in the hood under them.

also im going 3 7 3 gears next thursday, im playing with the idea of 4 10 anyone have 410? is it hard to drive on the highway?

(ps if you guys know where i can find a seatbelt clip for my passenger headliner in black, or a black leather interior from a camaro or vette, lemme know!) this forum rules!