Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

"The Protector"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Protector"

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these things? (An anti-photo radar license plate cover, for anyone unfamiliar.)

From the reviews I've read, it seems to work alright in Canada and the U.S...not so well in the U.K. They're pretty affordable (about $30-40 U.S./$45-60 CAD) so I'm not real concerned about being ripped off. My main curiosity is the obviousness of it to the other drivers. I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering one if they're notorious for lasting only a week before being spotted by police.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Iroc-Z
Re: "The Protector"

Originally posted by Praetorian
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these things? (An anti-photo radar license plate cover, for anyone unfamiliar.)

From the reviews I've read, it seems to work alright in Canada and the U.S...not so well in the U.K. They're pretty affordable (about $30-40 U.S./$45-60 CAD) so I'm not real concerned about being ripped off. My main curiosity is the obviousness of it to the other drivers. I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering one if they're notorious for lasting only a week before being spotted by police.

Any advice would be appreciated.
a friend of mine has one on his 01 s-10. he got it off ebay for like $25 bucks. cops havent pulle dhim over for it yet.