Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Corvette Taillight Panel...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corvette Taillight Panel...

Hi everyone, i used to be known as Xplod on this forum, but i lost my password and email and stuff, so, sorry. Anyways, it's good to be back, i've been away for a while and i got started on my Camaro project where i left off, well, i wanted to get that corvette taillight panel like fellow member ( TheWraith ) has. Well, i only had 1 source of getting that peice and i am sad to say that Motion Performance no longer sales that item . I'm so disappointed, i don't know what to do, i just have to have that peice. ( TheWraith ), if your out there buddy, could you post up anything else you know about that panel, i would really appriciate it. Or, anyone else feel free give me some info or anything on where i can find that panel. If you don't know what panel i'm talking about, just check out ( TheWraiths ) profile, you'll see it in his pictures. I'm so sad, but yet i'm still excited to be back working on my Z-28. Thanks people!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 305HO L69
Transmission: T5
This is an auction for a notchback and the corvette light kit. I can't believe the auction ended at $152.50. I was going to bid on it, but the seller wouldn't ship. Maybe try to email him and see if he'll sell it to you if he still has it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...407508269&rd=1
Old 03-28-2003, 02:01 AM

OMG dude thanks... but...

Wow, thanks Diabolical. But how can i get in touch with that guy? I need his email or something. Do you have his phone number or email? Please post back. Thanks dude i really appriciate this, thats exactly the panel i want....
Old 03-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Supreme Member

I don't have his email or phone number. On ebay, you can't see his email unless you're involved in a transaction with him. If you have an ebay account, you can go to that auction and click "Ask seller a question" and hope he responds to that.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:47 PM

Car: 86 trans am
Engine: 5.0 tpi gtauto ramair and notch
Transmission: 700 r4
i was curious on that as well while the auction was still going on he never emailed me so i didnt bother to bid....another thing the decription sayes it will fit a camaro or bird the lights im talking about..how will it fit a bird???? dont see how... if any one knows who sells theese pannels let me know please
Old 03-28-2003, 11:53 PM

I don't think...

I don't think he meant to say that the corvette panel fits both Camaro and Firebird, i think he meant the hatchback panel would fit a bird, i'm not sure but i think thats what he meant. But yeah that corvette panel would only fit a Camaro. And a shout out to (Diabolical) for giving me that link in the first place. I got in touch with that guy ( well his wife ) and i'm suppose to call him back tommarow. So thanks alot (Diabilcal)!!! I'm in the processs of sanding my Z-28, i'll post pics after i get the primer on, i gotta get some film . Lol, later peoples!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Supreme Member

so you got ahold of him and you're buying it? that's awesome, good luck, glad i could help out
Old 03-29-2003, 08:41 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro IROC Z28
Engine: 355
Transmission: 1994 T56
Axle/Gears: BW 3.27 (stock)
so motion definitely does not sell it any more?

if not, maybe i can find someone who would want to mold from mine and sell them? long as i could make a few bucks off it
Old 03-29-2003, 10:55 AM

Ok, heres the deal, the guy that has that peice for sale wants to sell that corvette panel and the fiberglass hatchback thing all together, well, i don't really want to pay over $500 for those peices because all i really want is the corvette tail light panel.
(TheWraith), dude, that would be awesome if you could reproduce that panel with yours, that peice is really rare and you could probably make some big bucks off of that! Anyways, i've been talking to that guy and he said he's gonna check on how much shipping would be to send it here. Sighs, maybe i will have to buy both of those peices just to get that corvette panel. I love that peice so much for some reason. Yeah, Motion Performance no longer sales that peice. I have no reason why. Oh and umm, (TheWraith) you wanna make $300 bucks? Sale me yours, lol, j/k, but if you ever want to get rid of yours any time soon, let me know, please. lol. K, later peoples, take care!
Old 03-30-2003, 02:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 355, 10.34:1, 249/252 @.050", IK200
Transmission: TH-400, 3500 stall 9.5" converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9", detroit locker, 3.89 gears
I'm very new to fiberglass part making. All I have ever done was a glass copy of my 78 trans am dash.

From the pics I seen of the third gen vette light panel it would be a pc. of cake to make, cost you about 30-40 bucks plus the price of the lights.

I made a sheet metal flushed tail panel with round vette lights for my 78 pro streeter project, and I think the third gen panel out of glass would be 20 times easier. After I seen the pics I may make me up one for my 88 camaro.

I won't go into setp by setp, but all you really have to do is use cardboard or something like that to get all the lines in between the stock tail lights flush and smooth, tape alum. foil to the whole back tail light panel and lights useing double sided tape, now mix up some glass resin, soak a long pc. of glass matting with the resin, stick it to the alum foil, cut smaller pc. of matting to get in the tight spots, keep doing this till you get it all covered, let it dry, peel it off. The alum foil will keep it from sticking to the oem tail lights and panel. Then cut the holes for the lights, sand glass, skim with bondo, sand again, get it nice and smooth, Fab up some sheet metal "buckets" to hold the vette lights, maybe glass on some round. tube with a tap welded to the tube to the back of the glass panel to mount it with.