Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-camint3.jpg  
Old 02-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Z-28
Engine: 350
Transmission: T-5 (gonna buy the farm)
Here is my dash:
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-gauges-seat2.jpg  
Old 02-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Supreme Member

All of these threads have to do w/custom interior....

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...om+door+panels

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...ghlight=custom

AND PERHAPS THE BEST INTERIOR ON THIRDGEN.ORG...

Old 02-19-2003, 03:10 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L V-6
Transmission: Fresh 700R4
thanks for the links josh i love fatal88's car but mine will never look like that(though it would be nice)

I really like johns interior too, very simple and easy, but at the ame time very complete and professional, looks like it could have been factory on a special model (if only there were a
real thirdgen SS)

now that attachments have been reinstated long live this thread
Old 02-20-2003, 11:39 PM

Car: 1998 Ram Air Trans am
Engine: Ls1
Transmission: 6 speed manual
4th gens seats

I want to get some $th gen leather seats but i dont know where to get them and i was also wondering of they fit the right way or if you have to modify them to fit
Old 02-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Supreme Member

Re: 4th gens seats

Originally posted by gtaguy87
I want to get some $th gen leather seats but i dont know where to get them and i was also wondering of they fit the right way or if you have to modify them to fit
if you want 4th gen seats, get them either from ebay or a junkyard. You can usually get a set for a fair price from either place. As far as fit...no mods necessary, the will bolt right in.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 86 Trans AM
Engine: LS1 (not stock...)
Transmission: Built T56
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt w/ 3.73
3.1EyeCandy

3.1EyeCandy, how did you get the 4th gen seat belts to work??? Do they just bolt in? Or did you have to do some fab work? Im asking because my original ones are crap. They dont retract right, they are dirty, and they are hard to find. I like the way the newer belts are smoot and keep nice and tight. So how'd you make them work??? Thanks.

Justin
Old 02-21-2003, 10:58 AM

what is a good prive for a set of 4th gen seats i never looked into it and i dont want to get ripped off.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
Depends on what you want... what condition they're in... cloth, leather.... color...etc.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:15 AM

How about an in the ballpark price for tan leather, nice condition
Old 02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60e
Re: 3.1EyeCandy

Originally posted by ghettocruiser
3.1EyeCandy, how did you get the 4th gen seat belts to work??? Do they just bolt in? Or did you have to do some fab work? Im asking because my original ones are crap. They dont retract right, they are dirty, and they are hard to find. I like the way the newer belts are smoot and keep nice and tight. So how'd you make them work??? Thanks.

Justin
The top piece (in the headliner) is a boltin. The bottom section of the 4th gen belts is meant to mount at a different angle than the thirdgen belts. Also, you lose the "cover" at the bottom of the belts. The one thing that nobody every notices about my install is that there is a twist in each 4th gen belt - because they are mounted at different angles than stock 4th gen belts.

I really like them though. I don't even notice the twist anymore. But with all seatbelts - I'd recommend getting factory units you can trust (from GM - not a junkyard). Because if you know the car was totalled - what about the belts? ARe they going to alst you much longer?

Total cost for front belts from GM is roughly 300 bucks. A big price tag - but I think it's well worth it.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 86 Trans AM
Engine: LS1 (not stock...)
Transmission: Built T56
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt w/ 3.73
Hey thanks for gettin back to me on that. Ide really like to throw some 4th gen belts in my car. To be honest with you, I would trust belts from a junk yard over the ones that are in there any day. They dont retract somethings, who knows if they lock. They lock sometimes, then they wont lock for awhile... Anyway...

So they bolt in up top. How hard is it to make the bottom fit for the 3rd gen angle? I mean...its still bolted in firmly and is safe right? I can always fab up a cover of some sort, im not worried about that. Im just worried about easy of instal and saftey.

Thanks again.

Justin
Old 02-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 4.10 gears
CHEVYKEN, I just wanted to point out to you that your steering wheel cover appears to be on upside down with the hand grips on the bottom. Maybe flipping it will make it more bearable until you get the new wheel
Old 02-23-2003, 03:52 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 86 IROC Convt
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
LOL, yeah - Im aware of that - it is just that the "splice" (seen on the bottom center) irritated the cr@p out of me when it was on top LOL, so I flipped it.

Good eyes though!

Ken
Old 02-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 88 Formula
Engine: 95LT4, 305TPI
Transmission: T56, T5
I did the easy bolt-in stuff.

Looks nice at night,
Old 02-24-2003, 04:44 PM

hey eye candy, what was involved in changing to a 4th gen console? I just got 4th gen leather and wish that I had picked up the console too.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by gordo
hey eye candy, what was involved in changing to a 4th gen console? I just got 4th gen leather and wish that I had picked up the console too.
do a search, after you read all of the threads on swapping to a 4th gen console, you will be able to do it with yur eyes closed.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
rear
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-rear-driver-i.jpg  
Old 02-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Supreme Member

Dash from the rear
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-rear-i.jpg  
Old 02-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Supreme Member

From the pass side
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-dash-pass-door.jpg  
Old 02-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

doors
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-doorpanel-black.jpg  
Old 02-24-2003, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by joshp14
do a search, after you read all of the threads on swapping to a 4th gen console, you will be able to do it with yur eyes closed.
I'm sorry if I did not ask a specific question. I would like to know if there are any other problems in changing a 4th gen trans am automatic console into a 3rd gen automatic firebird besides the window switches. I did the search and could not find detailed answers to that question. If you can't answer the question, please don't waste my or your time telling me to do a search. I learned my first day on this site that people here love to flame other people about doing a search and *** forbid that I ever make that mistake.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Supreme Member

I'm sorry if I did not ask a specific question. I would like to know if there are any other problems in changing a 4th gen trans am automatic console into a 3rd gen automatic firebird besides the window switches. I did the search and could not find detailed answers to that question. If you can't answer the question, please don't waste my or your time telling me to do a search. I learned my first day on this site that people here love to flame other people about doing a search and *** forbid that I ever make that mistake.

"what was involved in changing to a 4th gen console? I just got 4th gen leather and wish that I had picked up the console too."

i believe that was your original question. Now in that one sentance i dont recall seeing any questions about what specifically you were wanting to know. For all i know, you may have just wanted to know the generals. As you know, most of the low-post guys ask questions about stuff that has been answered millions of times, and until you post a specific question about the 3rd to 4th console swap, you are asking to be told to do a search. What i said wasnt intended to be a flame, it wasnt a demand, but a simple suggestion, so drop it down a notch.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:01 PM

yet again, a reply without an answer. my search revealed nothing but pics of consoles. maybe, being a "low post guy" who probably low searched, I missed something. but even a general answer would have been more than I had found. my point is that I had done the search and didn't find an answer, I assume (usually a bad idea) that you gave me a standard "do a search" without doing one yourself before replying to me because you would have had an answer instead or possibly just left it alone. as for turning it down a notch, I didn't turn it up.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Supreme Member

well i am going to give another 'no-answer' post. again, your first post did not have specifics so no one new what exactly you wanted to know, so im sure everyone else (including me) assumed that you wanted general info. so before you go telling me to not tell you to do a search, be more specific the first time. if you ask a general question, you are going to get a general wide variety of answers.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 90 irocz
Engine: 350tip
Transmission: 700r4

Wooooah thier hoss.

Every question u can ever think of about swapping in the 4th gen console has been adressed in NUMEROUS posts. Now if you were to say ask a question about a 4th gen dash swap, you wont be so lucky, minus me and 2-3 others who have done it posts.

ALOT of sites are more **** then this place is about searches before you ask, because quite frankly 99% of all the questions have been asked a bijillion times before.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by CustomX
Wooooah thier hoss.

Every question u can ever think of about swapping in the 4th gen console has been adressed in NUMEROUS posts. Now if you were to say ask a question about a 4th gen dash swap, you wont be so lucky, minus me and 2-3 others who have done it posts.

ALOT of sites are more **** then this place is about searches before you ask, because quite frankly 99% of all the questions have been asked a bijillion times before.
very true
Old 02-24-2003, 10:45 PM

well i am going to give another 'no-answer' post. again, your first post did not have specifics so no one new what exactly you wanted to know, so im sure everyone else (including me) assumed that you wanted general info. so before you go telling me to not tell you to do a search, be more specific the first time. if you ask a general question, you are going to get a general wide variety of answers.
If you can read everyone else's mind and know that they didn't know what I was talking about then you should have been able to read mine and know what I wanted. As I said before, general info would have been fine as I had no info that I was looking for. You really didn't have to tell me to do a search in the first place but I can tell by your sig that you really couldn't help yourself. Anything I can help you with please ask. Other than that I really don't feel that I need to carry on this conversation with you any longer.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Supreme Member

If you can read everyone else's mind and know that they didn't know what I was talking about then you should have been able to read mine and know what I wanted. As I said before, general info would have been fine as I had no info that I was looking for. You really didn't have to tell me to do a search in the first place but I can tell by your sig that you really couldn't help yourself. Anything I can help you with please ask. Other than that I really don't feel that I need to carry on this conversation with you any longer.
i didnt say 'read minds', i said 'assumed', read what i typed. obviously i am not the only person that thinks this otherwise no one else would have responded...but we can end this cuz its getting no where. oh and if general info was indeed fine, then why couldn't you use the info from a search instead of asking questions that have been asked a bijillion times???

oh and BTW, i am not the only person with that in their sig.

Last edited by joshp14; 02-24-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:14 AM

i didnt say 'read minds', i said 'assumed', read what i typed. obviously i am not the only person that thinks this otherwise no one else would have responded...but we can end this cuz its getting no where. oh and if general info was indeed fine, then why couldn't you use the info from a search instead of asking questions that have been asked a bijillion times???

oh and BTW, i am not the only person with that in their sig.
what you said was " your first post did not have specifics so no one knew what excactly you wanted to know" Once again do your own research before you pipe up. As for this going nowhere, it hasn't gone anywhere for me since you voiced your opinion to a question that was directed, by name, to someone else. As for the "numerous posts" direction to one would have been nice. In my opinion( yes I have one also) this site wouldn't see a lot of action if the same subjects weren't discussed over and again as this site is only about one body style no matter how much we love it. So why not just spread your knowledge when asked instead of being the "search" hall monitor.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Supreme Member

what you said was " your first post did not have specifics so no one knew what excactly you wanted to know" Once again do your own research before you pipe up. As for this going nowhere, it hasn't gone anywhere for me since you voiced your opinion to a question that was directed, by name, to someone else. As for the "numerous posts" direction to one would have been nice. In my opinion( yes I have one also) this site wouldn't see a lot of action if the same subjects weren't discussed over and again as this site is only about one body style no matter how much we love it. So why not just spread your knowledge when asked instead of being the "search" hall monitor.
i am not trying to be the 'search' hall monitor. It gets to a point that when subjects like this are brought up hourly, your same question has been answered numerous times. this is why I originally started by me simply suggesting for you to do a search, not knowing if you had tried or not. many people will do a search, and if it doesnt come out and bite them in the ***, then they will stop looking. So to point you in the right direction, do a search for 'console swap' or something like that, and like CustomX said, I'm sure you will find your answer.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

get off your soap boxes and just answer the easy question. man. I'm going to have to go back and read your question again after reading all that crap. hold on.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

I would like to know if there are any other problems in changing a 4th gen trans am automatic console into a 3rd gen automatic firebird besides the window switches.
Easy enough to answer. You search monitors should just contribute to this place and not refer others to the features of it. Think about it. If you go do a search and every topic you come up with ends in "use the search feature", that's a waste of time. People stop using the search and there goes the universe.

On to the question.....I used a manual 4th gen console. The swap is much easier (so I'm told) than using an automatic console. However, there are members who have done the automatic console install. I'm not sure on the specifics - so maybe one of them will chime in. But after they read the above dozen replies, they won't care anymore. Besides the window switches, I had to install the mirror switch as well(which I rewired so you can use it sitting horizontally instead of vertically). This required another plexiglass plate I relocated to the front of the console where the traction controll buttons used to be on the 4th gen console. To do this, I had to cut and splice the wires (increasing their length as well). Pretty simple stuff though. When installing the console you'll neeed to move the shifter over about 1/2 an inch (using a manual console).

.....I could give you alot more details, but people have dedicated websites to this kind of thing. IF I remember right - www.nosaint.ca should work. If not, goto the members button at the top, look up nosaint, and go to his site. In his site somewhere are very nice instructions for installing a 4th gen console. Have fun.

also....get the 97+ manual console. Try and get the black one. DO NOT GET THE 93 - 96 Camaro console. The fitment is nowhere near bolt in. However, the 93-96 Trans Am console will also fit nicely - just with 3 less cupholders. Hope this helped.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:28 AM

Thank you eye candy, that definitely helps.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
Let's not get this thread locked, folks..I like this thread.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Being as I am one of the "Hall Monitors", I will keep an eye on this thread. Keep it tech-related and quit the discrete bashing. I will leave this thread open for now, as there are some good pics and information. It has already been reported to me, and the other mods, so watch it. If it gets reported again, or gets out of hand, I, or another mod, will lock it. I dont like locking/deleting posts.

For the most part, you guys keep it in check. I know that I dont have to moderate every post. Lets keep it that way. When you tell someone to do a search, maybe you can search the boards and post some links for them. I am not saying to do all the searching for them, but at least you can say "Here is some info" and not waste a post/space or bandwidth with a post that has no tech-related content.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91z28 and 88 SC thats for sale,in the sig
Engine: 305 TPI soon 383 stroker or 327
Transmission: t-5
mine still needs work,but yeah,soon ill do a 4th gen interior instead. the gray piece is now black 2...
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-interior.jpg  
Old 02-25-2003, 04:55 PM

Looks like you stuck an M80 up Big Bird's butt.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That's very original. Do you go to shows, and, if so, do you win? No being sarcastic, I'm legitimately curious.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:54 PM

when swappin a 4 gen automatic console into a 3rd gen automatic console what is involved in the power window buttons? what has to be done to make them fit or do they snugg right in? i would like to do this swap but im concerned with the trouble it might cause....any pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot guys

MiKe
Old 02-25-2003, 06:04 PM

Car: 1984 Z28
Transmission: T5
um.. im going to try to put this in a nice way... isnt that.. a little TOOO MUCH yellow?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:18 PM

Car: See pic above
Engine: Too Small
Transmission: Broken
Camarostud, I like it. Of course I've always been one for "way over the top". Just one question, why the blue shift ****? It seems a little out of place.

Redraif (if you ever find this after the the crap following your posts), how well do the gauges light up with the plexi tinted? I'd thought about doing it, but how do you see the guages in the day?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:31 PM

if he put a yellow shift **** in he might go blind!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 06:44 PM

Car: See pic above
Engine: Too Small
Transmission: Broken
Originally posted by 84Z28_5.7ltr_V8
:sillylol:
I hadn't thought about that. Safety first, right?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:47 PM

hahha.. yep, well in his case, at least he will be seen from a mile away!

sorry to rag on you its just my opinion, dont take it personally.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:40 PM

It looks just like what the kids with hondas do to their interiors

:sillylol: :sillylol: :sillylol:
Old 02-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91z28 and 88 SC thats for sale,in the sig
Engine: 305 TPI soon 383 stroker or 327
Transmission: t-5
it is alot of yellow,i didnt tint the gauge pod,i made new gauges. that was just a test run of the yellow, im gonna do 4th gen w/ galssed yellow pieces,n im repainting the car 2000 comp. yellow w/ black metallic flames,it is a lil *****,i noticed that when i was done,but my car has *****,ricers have gerbil *****,if that...n the blue ***** only their cause it was the only one i had n im not gonna go spen 25$ on a yellow peice of plastic when my interior isnt even done.
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-my88s.jpg  
Old 02-25-2003, 09:15 PM

im not hear to rag on ur interior...if someone feels strongly about something and took a lot of time into it..i think its pretty crappy for people to bring him down..its different..if u like it..thats cool..just thought id make a comment and say the camaro itself(exterior) looks pretty sweet
Old 02-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L V-6
Transmission: T-5
Here we go....not all my pics are on the net, so i might have several posts...

this is just a chrome sticker..4 bucks

Dragon seat covers

neons switch and dragon steering wheel

Painted my dash and gauges...

Stereo system...

Old 02-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

Also painted the underside of my gauges..you know, the black part that helps the glow...am I explaining that right? Look where the arrow is pointing.
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-painted-gauges-side-w  
Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Supreme Member

And a dragon on the armrest....as you can see I love dragons
Attached Thumbnails Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)-dragon-armrest.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who has customised their interior themselves? (pics please)