Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

complete interior redo

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
complete interior redo

I just want to get some help with my interior redo. I am redoing everything. So I need some help with either painting or buying all black interior parts. So if anyone can help me please write.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:23 PM

Car: Hardtop 84' z/95' Cheyenne
Engine: 305 H.O./4.3L
Transmission: 5-speed manual/Auto
Well id say the best thing to do is to get a junk car w/ good interior and swap but noones that lucky so if your interior is in good condition sand it down prime paint sand paint again then seal coat DO NOT forget the sealcoat i did and its peeling also , if you can they make a flexible type primer for like fiberglass noses and such so flexing does not hurt it as much ( i remeber seeing it at bennys a while ago dunno where to get it now but i had an extra can hangin in the garage).

If your pieces are crap/broken goto a junkyard and replace the piece then paint it.

As for the carpeting, vinal and carpet paint will not work ive never trted dying them but that may work. I suggest you get a new carpet and for the carpeting on the plastic panels , rip off the existing carpeting and use that as a template on some scrap carpeting then glue that on

The seats should be recovered or replaced .. seat covers are aways the cheaper way out too not cheap but cheaper.

Hope this helps
Old 10-09-2002, 11:30 PM

i have already found some black carpet at pepboys. And I have found a black headliner and black speaker covers. So really I am looking for black seats and black everything else. or I shall paint it. i really need help with the seat I want new or really nice old ones.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
try searching the classifieds..

your best bet is to find a parts car, out of a junk yard or from someone who wreck one..

painting works but i take time, but you could save some money.. i would just try and find original black pieces for sale..
Old 10-10-2002, 10:29 PM

GET BLACK INTERIOR PLASTIC!!

I skimped out on my plastic speaker panels and they are chipping. Ebay or classifieds. The only thing that really isn't chipping/peeling is the back panles in the trunk. They are cappeted and i dyed them...bad idea because I nefver washed off the excess. It is a PIA when it rubs off and they WILL rub off no poatter how much you wash it off. and when you do wash it off you will have a very faded color. Just buy store bought carpet the color you want and cut it to your specs.

Don't skinp on the interior...or any part for that matter. You can get those panels for about 60 bucks and they will look MUCH better.

BTW, i need black speaker panels (not sails...the plastic ones witthe back seat "armrests")...or red ones

--Dan