Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

need help installing Hurst dual gate shifter

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need help installing Hurst dual gate shifter

I am in the process of installing the Hurst dual gate shifter in my car but everytime I read the instructions it says to refer to the picture, but it didnt come with the picture, does anyone have the picture that they can e-mail me or have any pictures of their shifter installed so that I can figure out what part goes where? Or is there any install website for this shifter?

Sorry for all of the questions, thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2002, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: need help installing Hurst dual gate shifter

go to www.mrgasket.com, up at the top you should see instruction sheets, click on hurst then select the dual gate II console model (if thats what you have).

I have a dual gate II console mount shifter in my '86Z .. been looking for a new top plate for about a year. Not even HURST has been able to help.

Hurst keeps telling me the DUAL GATE II is discontinued ..

Ahh well hope this helps ya out

Originally posted by Camarokid01
I am in the process of installing the Hurst dual gate shifter in my car but everytime I read the instructions it says to refer to the picture, but it didnt come with the picture, does anyone have the picture that they can e-mail me or have any pictures of their shifter installed so that I can figure out what part goes where? Or is there any install website for this shifter?

Sorry for all of the questions, thanks in advance
Old 10-08-2002, 12:25 PM

hey man thanks a lot for telling me where to go for the instructions, the picture is a big help, I am pretty sure I have the same shifter as you, that sucks that they dont make the plate anymore I better not break mine, good luck with your search.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:32 PM

how do you like the dual gate? is it a ratchet shifter? i dont mind if its not, but cant decide between cutom mounting a B&M hammer shifter (looks and feels amazing) or getting the hurst but if its discontinued i guess im screwed lol