Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

86 trans am floor pan/headliner/doorskins...where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
86 trans am floor pan/headliner/doorskins...where to buy?

Hi!Its been awhile sincve ive been here...i always tell myself im never going to get another thirdgen project,then always i do lol!
i just got a 86 trans am.Im wondering where would be a good (and reasonable priced)place to :
#1 buy both doorskins(dented and rusthole on pass door...frames of the doors are ok)
#2 buy a drivers side floorpan....bieng its from delevan,wi the dr front floorpan is rusty( i can weld...mig welder...jsut need a place to get a pan that wont rip me off
#3 buy headliner material....i have a light grey interior...the fabric is coming off the cardboard part of the headliner...its a not a a t-top or sunroff car,just standard...i just want to re-cover the cardboard part of the headliner and call it a day
#4 buy a drivers side front upper seat cover....its worn through where your back rubs going in and out of the car....its light grey on the sides and darker grey in the center.
#5 a cheap set of weld-in sfc's.....where?and finally,it needs paint.....i can get ir painted,but where is a good place to get all the trans-am decals,little birds behing both doors,and that checkered decal along the top of the g-effx ????

lol i know she needs alot of work...but i have next to nothing in this one,and i dont want to let it go to the graveyard yet!
thanks guys!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:46 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
I got 2 places for you. Since you are in Illinois try to personal mail LFN AT U. His name is Denny and he can be found on the So Chicago/No Indiana board. He's got all kind of 3rd gen stuff and he specializes in Firebirds. I bet he has your doors. Since you live in Rockford and he is in Crete you could drive down or he also ships.

also try www.nextgenparts.com that's where I am getting my drivers floor pan from. they also got all of the decals for your 3rd gen. good prices too.

Good Luck

Last edited by 86NiteRider; 09-19-2002 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHERMANPARTS.COM