Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 z28
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: t5
in need of help

I need to know how to take of the ground fx of of the door of a 91 RS it seems there are many small rivtes on the bottom of the gfx do these pop out and how would i go about puting them back on another car could someone give detailed instructions thanks
Old 08-15-2002, 06:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just did the same thing to my 92 RS a couple days ago. If you are talking about the ground effect attached to the door, that comes off from inside the door (remove the interior trim pannel and roll the window up). There are 4 or 5 bolts I believe, there are access holes in the door frame so you can reach the bolts. You will need an extention to do this.

I can take some pics as my car is still taken apart if you need em.

If it is the part that ataches to the car body, you just pop out the plastic holders with a screwdriver. Then pull the inner fender away in the front and you can access the front bolts, the rear bolts you are going to have to take off the vent thing in the door frame and reach down to the bottom and get the bolts off that way. Took forever for me to do it, and if anyone has a better way please share.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 z28
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: t5
Thanks for the help post some pics if you can.