Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

ON MY 4" COWL FROM HARWOOD WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAND SO IT FITS? DOES THE WHOLE LIP HAVE TO BE SANDED
Old 07-27-2002, 10:29 PM

I NEED THIS HOOD ON MY CAR VERY SOON. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET THIS THING TO FIT. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS
Old 07-29-2002, 05:00 PM

CAN ANYONE AT LEAST GIVE AN OPPINION
Old 07-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
My "oppinion" is to turn off your caps and maybe someone will respond so you can get the hood on your "Camero".
Old 07-29-2002, 09:25 PM

grrr camero! i hate that craP! just like the damn classifieds. "1986 camero barinetta addition" how badly educated are these people? think they meant "1986 camaro berlinetta edition"???
or this one, "chevy jimby 4x4, oversized tires, loaded, lowered 4 inches"
First of all, i belive that they are reffering to a gmc jimmy. second of all, why the hell would you lower a 4x4 truck, especially with oversized tires? i'm thinking of calling this guy and setting up a time to look at the truck and then smacking the guy in the head with a tire iron when he's not looking.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:46 PM

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I ASKED FOR A LITTLE HELP AND YOU PUNKS TALK ****. AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT A TRUCK? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A TRUCK? IF THIS IS THE KINDA CRAP THAT PEOPLE SAY WHEN I ASK FOR HELP THEN THIS SITE IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST. THIS IS NOT A S*** TALKING BOARD SO WHY ARE YOU? AS FAR AS MY USER NAME, WHO FU***** CARES WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT IS SPELLED. IM TRYING TO MAKE MY 3RD GEN A SWEAT RIDE AND CANT EVEN POST A ? WITHOUT SOME JERKS TRYIN TO SAY ****. I GUESS THIS BOARD ISNT ABOUT MAKING A CAR NICE MORE LIKE A PLACE TO TALK S*** ABOUT PEOPLE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
Originally posted by Camero90tbiRS
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I ASKED FOR A LITTLE HELP AND YOU PUNKS TALK ****. AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT A TRUCK? WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A TRUCK? IF THIS IS THE KINDA CRAP THAT PEOPLE SAY WHEN I ASK FOR HELP THEN THIS SITE IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST. THIS IS NOT A S*** TALKING BOARD SO WHY ARE YOU? AS FAR AS MY USER NAME, WHO FU***** CARES WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT IS SPELLED. IM TRYING TO MAKE MY 3RD GEN A SWEAT RIDE AND CANT EVEN POST A ? WITHOUT SOME JERKS TRYIN TO SAY ****. I GUESS THIS BOARD ISNT ABOUT MAKING A CAR NICE MORE LIKE A PLACE TO TALK S*** ABOUT PEOPLE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE.
A sweat ride?

Don't you think that if a person owns a car, they should, at the very least, know how to spell the name correctly?

And this site isn't going downhill fast.. far from it buddy. Lose the attitude and the caps and maybe someone will respect you.

As for your original question- test fit the hood. If it doesn't fit, sand it. Test it again. If it still doesn't fit, sand what needs to be sanded. Repeat until it fits.

Old 07-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
jesus guys.......

calm down a second.

camero, please push the key to the left of your "a" key. yes, the one labeled "caps lock".

you misspelled the word camaro, by spelling it "camero"

a lot of people do that anymore, it doesn't really phaze me.

anyway, here's my attempt to answer your question.

from what i have read about fiberglass hood finishing, and looking at the harwood that is on my friend's 81 camaro, i would gander the thought that you would want to look closely where the hood sticks up. then from there, sand bit by bit, until the hood sits nice and level and fits well. be patient, it'll take some time, and careful observation.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
GUYS, I FEEL IT IS MY DUTY AS A POST ***** TO STEP IN AND SAY CHILL, K.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:30 PM

The reason for me spellin camaro "camero" is because the name camaro90tbirs was taken. Thanks for the positive responses from thoses who tried. Im curious if on the other harwood hoods do you have to completely sand the front lip? there a 1 inch lip in front which make it fit weird. Do you guys just sand it off? Oh by the way its the 4" outlaw z28 hood lift off.

P.S In order to get respect i must not write in caps? Thats not rite.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:56 AM
Supreme Member

Camero....

it's typically considered bad ettiquette to type in all caps. most people presume that you are shouting.

to answer the question about the lip you are referring to, have you tried to contact harwood about it? they might be able to shed some light on the subject
Old 07-30-2002, 01:13 AM

P.S In order to get respect i must not write in caps? Thats not rite.
heh, neither is you spelling. but yes, now that the caps are gone, i'd have to pretty much say it's a matter of patience. and see, if you don't ask for help and be a d!ck at the same time, people help you. it's kinda like asking a guy for directions while you have your middle finger right in his face. just look where the areas are that get caught up, and sand a bit, then test it. it may get tedious, but it'll be worth it. contacting harwood wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:38 PM

ok, thanks for the replies. Im waiting for a reply from harwood. I asked because i assumed all the 4" inch hoods from them would have the same basic line.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:50 PM

I just contacted harwood and they told me the whole front lip of the hood has to be sanded completely down. I wanted to post this so if any one else buys the 4" hood they wont wonder why theres an extra inch and a half lip on the front. Anyways thanks for the responses.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Supreme Member

remember, just sand a bit at a time, eye everything up carefully, and you'll get ti right
Old 07-30-2002, 03:07 PM

mark i think im a post ***** too! whos yo pimp? lol
as far as the hood why is the lip even there in the first place?

later guys
Old 07-30-2002, 03:30 PM

Thats what im trying to figure out, the guy at harwood said that it has to be sanded down but it seems kinda dumb to just put an extra piece of glass when its not needed.