Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.
View Poll Results: Well, whaddaya think?
Cool idea, I like it!
73.08%
Are you nuts?! That looks like crap!
3.85%
It's your car; I remain neutral...
23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on body mods... artwork inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Nope. I still want to copy and mod the one from Germany. Less fabbing work that way. Its already fiberglass. I can just add or take away.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: '85 Z28
Engine: 305
Transmission: WC T5, 3.23 posi
I like the clip, but not the wing.

mult68: That's great!!! :sillylol:
Old 08-06-2002, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '86 Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH700R-4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73
Here are my Blackedout/clear taillights in progress.
They are the '87 base model ones but I'm polishing out the lenses with 6000 grit emery cloth when I'm done sanding.
I'm black'n the lenses out from the backside when the polishing is done so they will be black until you turn on your lights.
The reflective backing to the lights might also be blacked out to make it look darker when the lights aren't on but we'll see how it looks.
I know these are clear taillights but they will be before I do the blackout and I'll be sure to take pictures when I get there.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on body mods... artwork inside-p1010001.jpg  
Old 08-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
I think Mult should be put on probation for continuing to bash other members in every post they post in even if it has nothing to do with the original content of the thread. Do a search on his name and you'll see what I mean. Thats against the terms of agreement when you signed up. Not only does it waste time and bandwidth, you run the risk of getting good usefull posts locked with that kinda bullshiz. Grow up Mult.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
I think Mult should be put on probation for continuing to bash other members in every post they post in even if it has nothing to do with the original content of the thread. Do a search on his name and you'll see what I mean. Thats against the terms of agreement when you signed up. Not only does it waste time and bandwidth, you run the risk of getting good usefull posts locked with that kinda bullshiz. Grow up Mult.

Crazy,

i dont mean to be a nutbuster here .... but everything was dieing down until you came on here with this post.... i mean your just starting more ****, and your being a tattle tail too....

am i not telling the truth... ?

bash me if you want i dont care ...
Old 08-06-2002, 07:37 PM

settle down kids, settle. for cryin' out loud can we have just a little respect for eachother? been through it a million times, if you don't like it kinda grin and bear it. sure constructive criticism is ok, but when your just adding comments that have no value to the board, it's useless, it pi$$es people off, and then people like me just wish everyone would chill. personally i could care less what negative comments people have for me, my car or my ideas, but we all know some people are sensitive about it, so why start some shiznat?? figures, leave it to the 16 year old to straighten the big kids out
Old 08-06-2002, 07:53 PM

Looks good so far; can't wait to see the finished product. Your car is gonna be a beaut!

Yeah, Raif has a different personality than this nose, but after I drew it, I remember thinkin' "Hmm, this looks very similar to Shannon's car with the reflective mesh instead of the ugly black bumpers..." Oh, well, I think the big mouth-like cutout in the center is enough to set it apart from well, everything else on the road!

settle down kids, settle. for cryin' out loud can we have just a little respect for eachother?
I agree... can't we all just get along? A joke is a joke... No harm unless it was meant maliciously. No one likes my wing idea, fine!I'm not crying about that; I'm just glad most of you appreciate the creativity (and most like the nose, so that's good ). Opinions are welcome, (no bashing!) but I like jokes in good fun too...

Later,
Chris
Old 08-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
I'm not bashing anyone. I think this is a great idea. I just dont want other people to ruin the thread and get it locked. Lots of great threads like this have been locked because of people acting immature. I would love to see this carried out and hear about the results later, not have it locked and then everyone forgets about it and nothing ever happens.

I added my comments below and I'm trying to help the guy out. Don't turn this around and make me look like the bad guy. I dont want to see this locked because some people cant contain themselves and then everyones efforts are wasted. I could really care less what any of you think about me or my car. But I would like to see these custom bodymods done in real life.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:50 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Originally posted by TheLG4Whore
They are the '87 base model ones but I'm polishing out the lenses with 6000 grit emery cloth
Where do you get 6000 grit? Hobby shops?
Old 08-07-2002, 02:47 PM

crazyhawaiian, IT"S FREAKIN OVER cool your jets bro ur not the bad guy so chill. damn.