Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

The saga continues....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002 | 07:19 PM

The saga continues....

Someone sent me a private message and I thought I'd make a post out of it. Maybe a fellow thirdgener from regina or edmonton can help us out or even wan't to ditch their car.

I have been looking for non-rusted Firebird under $3000 near regina for quite some time now. He's looking for a camaro in edmonton.

From muffler;

hey nick from edmonton here
have a 88 camaro already but full of rust just wondering if anything ur way for cheap 3k and under for sale that is worth a look at camaro of trans am

my reply; BTW ounce I start typing i find it hard to stop

I got your private message on thirdgen. Looks like your in about the same predicament as me. Diffferent province, different f-body. Anyhow I'll tell you of my adventures.

Camaro's in your pricerange are plentiful here, especially V6's. Generally cars are cheaper in edmonton or Calgary, so I'm wondering why you'd look here. Insurance is next to nothing here, so it's easier to get more money for the car itself here.

Decent thirdgen Firebirds, for sale, in Regina are rare. Saskatoon always has a few advertised in their paper.

There was an 86 Z28 129,000 km, mint, recent good paint job. It sold for $2300 at the regina auto auction. One sweet car, but it didn't match my spare parts bin.

Beside it, there was 1984 Trans Am, loaded, 150k km Oversized exhuast with glass-packed muffler. The underbody was slightly rusty (by that i mean you couldn't see much of the original paint, not rusted thru. It has a big dent in the floor pan under the drivers seat, with a 5 inch gash. Quarter panels were metal no bondo on the bottom (i used a cloth and magnet). The fenders were faded (more than the doors and qp's), hood had fresh paint, which raises questions.

The owner bought it back for $2500. His head is up his own ***, he must expect atleast $4000 considering it must have cost him $250 to try to sell it, and it listed for tommorows auction as well. I valued it at $1800, at an AUCTION, without a test drive it should be about $1500. For comparison a 1986 GTA 150km sold for $5000 from a dealer.

A burgandy 86 v6 camaro t-tops, good paint sold for $1200 last weeks

but no 82-89 firebirds have been advertised for weeks in regina. I imagine you tried DavidT's? Thier the ones buying up f-bodies and hoarding them. I'm bitter, they got to a car 20 min before, which I drove for 4 hours with $2000 in my hand for. a 1988 v6 firebird, t-tops, alarm, sound system, remote start, new paint.

Some links

www.leaderpost.com (left side, click sask classifieds)
www.mysask.com
www.reginaautoauction.com
www.buysell.ca
www.autonet.ca (this one had alot of alberta f-body's)
www.canadatrader.com
www.davidt.com

Later

Right now I have two parts car's and nowhere to put the parts.

Someone help me.
Old 05-24-2002 | 07:32 PM

Car: www.hrfbody.com
Engine: www.hrfbody.com