Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Anyone got those Knight Rider lights?...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got those Knight Rider lights?...

Hey, unfortunately I originally posted this topic on Saturday, so the d@mn board ate it.

But I'll try to remember everything I wrote the first time...

I was looking in the latest issue of JC Whitney (well at the time it was the latest). I flip thru, I come up to the Lighting section, headlights, fog lights, neons, and Knight Rider light?! Thats right, that light that is on the front of the Firebird in the TV show. Ya know that red one that goes left to right, right to left, on KITT.

I was like hell fvckin yeah, I wanted it so bad, it comes in amber and red, but naturally I would choose red, however I wish they had like green or blue! I said to myself, man if I got a Firebird, I would buy that in like 2 seconds flat. But I got a Camaro (which I prefer over the Firebird anyway). And if I did get it, I wouldn't know where to put it?? Theres no grill, I'm not going to put it on the ground effects, and I don't know if it would look good in between the Camaro headlights. I was thinking maybe in between the louvers on the hood, goin up and down, or maybe in between the TTops (inside the car), and it would turn on with the interior lights ?? Just a couple ideas, but not sure.

I was telling my friend while online. He was like what?! Knight Rider lights?! He loves the show, and anything to do with it, just like me. I was like yeah the real thing goes on the car, he currently has the ones that go on the mirror, and are extremely small, but this is the real deal. And in no less than ten minutes of me telling him, he ordered them online. He just go it in the mail, he says its huge, he hasn't put it on yet, his parents are wrapping it for christmas. He said he was going to put it in his grill, unfortunately no F-body, he has an Audi A4. So I have to wait a couple weeks to see it, oh well.

But I was wondering if anybody else heard of it, do any of yas have the light on your car, where ya put it? Any pics? I would love to see some pics of it!
Old 12-19-2001, 09:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
I don't think it would look right without the proper bumper cover (nose) with the section cut out for the scanner lights. Anyway, you seem pretty excited about the knight rider stuff (what thirdgen guy isn't) so check out the sight below:

http://www.markscustomkits.com/Exterior.html to see the lights

and goodluck finding a place to mount the scanner lights to your Z28
Old 12-19-2001, 10:11 PM

WOW! MAN AWESOME! Thanks for the link! It makes me wish I did get a firebird, man, it was looking good as I was scrolling down the site, then bam! The actual looking car! I even kindof forgot what it looked like too, man is that hot! Brings tears to my eyes.
Old 12-24-2001, 01:55 AM

www.knightregistries.com everything you'll ever need to know and then some about kitt conversions
Old 12-24-2001, 02:31 AM

Car: 1989 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7L (L98)
Transmission: 700R4
I bought those lights that are in the JC Whitney catalog a while back. They are a completely flat bar, totally not meant to go on the front of a Firebird at all. Ended up giving them to a friend for the grill on his 85 Accord. He got a lot of offers to buy them though.

Mark's Custom Kits had the light for $400 that was shaped properly. If I were to get one again, it would be one meant specifically for my car.