Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

ATTENTION: Owners who installed 82-92 Spaghetti Engineering Sequential LED Taillaight

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Custom 1992 Camaro Z28 25th Anniver
Engine: 5.7L V8 350 L98 TPI
ATTENTION: Owners who installed 82-92 Spaghetti Engineering Sequential LED Taillaight

Who here has them installed on their CAMARO and those who have, have you experienced ANY problems. I am working with Michael from Spaghetti Engineering to locate a fix to Glitch in them.

There is a glitch where LEFT, RIGHT or BOTH Signal Lights to flick ONCE at random when the brake pedal is pushed (with signals switched to "Sequential ON" on the boards).

The flaw is how power surges work on cars. They explained that there are random surges to signals but not strong enough to heat up the element in a regular incandescent bulb but is plenty to light up the low powered led lights. The solution is to add a delay before the signals light up. 100th of a sec delay.

One other person that I know has the same problem as me and so we believe it has to do with year cars. I can quickly say that the instructions for the kit was NOT geared towards 1992's. While the instructions seemed VERY straight forward, once I opened the car up and undid the wiring harnesses quickly discovered that the instructions weren't going to be perfectly fit for install. Some of my wires had either different colors, more wires, or colors didn't exist in the location specified in the manual.

As a result a LOT of trial and error was required on my part.

We want to know whether this is just 1992's or more cars and if anyone else experienced any problems of the install.

They suggested two alternatives:

1. Replace the signal boards with new ones where they programmed the delay but would require "breaking" open the light cases again. Being this is a 20 year old car, I do NOT want to try and break open a freshly sealed up (and I sealed it good to prevent water ruining my expensive LED's) brittle housings..

2. Buy 2 capacitors and wire them in with the wires that lead to the signal boards.

I tried #2 and unfortunately didn't work. Actually it created a NEW symptom. When you turn the turn signal OFF, the opposite side signal would flick once. In other words, put on the driver turn signal and turn it off. It would immediately flash the passenger once while the moment the driver side turned off.

[HOW TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE THE GLITCH]

1. Have someone either behind the car while in park or set up a camera to video tape the taillights as you perform the test.
2. Sit in the car, turn it on and IN PARK begin to press the brake pedal repeatedly. Try putting the car into DRIVE (foot on brake of course), and then put it back into PARK and try again pressing the brake pedal repeatedly.

3. What are the results? Please comment below

We would appreciate your feedback for those who installed it.

1. YEAR
2. MODEL
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH THE LIGHTS?
4. WERE THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOUR CAR? IE. THE COLORS WERE THE SAME, NO DIFFERENCE IN WIRING AS INDICATED IN THE MANUAL.

Thank you very much in advance for helping us FIX this.