Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 305 Bone Stock
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Posi-Trac
Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies

Just intrested in seeing if anyone has been entering there car in shows & winning some trophies.

Our cars look nice enough stock to turn heads anywhere we take them. So I'm almost 100% positive we are doing this.

So come on lets see some pics! Oh and pics with babes by the car are a plus......pics with naked girls b-- Okay I think I'm getting a little carried away now
Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 AM

Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 Holley TBI Personally Tuned
Transmission: 5 Speed
Re: Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies

Here is mine. Its not completely stock, but looks stock with just some chrome on it. This is at probably the biggest car show in my area in western pa. It pulls a little over 3000 cars each year. I register in the 67-92 Camaro and Firebirds. They judge the cars and take the top 3 for Awards of Excellence. Here is the pic from the second year i got it. I really dont care a whole lot about the trophies, i just like going to shows and cruises. And i was beside myself the first year when they called my name, i was not in a million years expecting it. Not when your sitting beside countless 60's and 70's Camaros and Firebirds.

I know it looks a little sparse around me in the second picture but that was taken well after the awards show and after alot of people take off.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

Attending car shows is my summer getaway, and as a consequence, my wife and I head out nearly every Saturday through the season. Though I'm not a trophy hunter, I have a load of plaques and trophies. That said, I can pretty much predict whether my car will earn an award or not. If the show is large and awards are given for, say, the top twenty-five, my chances aren't good (Most shows are run by geezers my age who remember their youth and the cars that accompanied it). On the other hand, if there are classes, say 80-90, my car is usually in the running.

Two things trouble me about shows: one, showgoers my age have zero interest in my IROC (while those half my age chat my ears off about it). Two, with the exception of the CamaroFest, my car is typically the single thirdgen at an event--which was the case just yesterday.

Interest in thirdgens generally? At CamaroFest last year there were about 150 Camaros. Perhaps a 100 were firstgen (remember the geezers I was talking about above) with three different classes: 67, 68, and 69. Second-, third-, and fourthgen cars made up the other 50 cars.

JamesC
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 AM

JamesC, i have to agree with you. At most cruises i go to, im the only thirdgen. At the car show pictures above, there is maybe 4 that i see there every year, but the others are either heavily moded and in another class, or bone stock and they dont do anything but wash the outside of the car. What i love to hear at shows and cruises is when people walk by and you can hear them "I used to have one like that, i should have kept it" and lots of chatter like that. And like you, i can tell by the other cars if im getting a trophy or not. But im also like you again, i dont hunt trophies, the above show i go to is the only one that i go to that is judged, and I only go cause its close and they are a ton of people and cars. The trophy is just a bonus, because as long as the weather is nice, the real nice 60-70's camaro and firebirds show up and i dont stand a chance. And to tell you the truth, the two years i won, the weather was a little questionable in the morning! But thats not to say that there was nothing but junk cars left. There were still plenty of trophy worthy cars up against me.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Car: 1987 Z28 with iroc-z Package no.3
Engine: 350TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi

James C you are right on the money. the thirdgens get no respect p here either. im no trophy hunter either. they always seem to go to some really old car or some honda with a tv in it. its nuts
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't recall seeing too many thirdgens at Car Craft Summer Nationals in St. Paul, either tbh. Then again, I haven't shown mine there since 2001 myself...but I will show in 2012 (but I won't compete, I never stick around for the Sunday judging, and have no chance of winning).
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Z/28..39 Plymouth truck in progress
Engine: S/B
Transmission: Manual

Sitting at shows/cruises all the time gets old fast.....I quit doing shows to show long time ago... I will still drive to a show every now and then like third gen fest but wont do it to show the car, just to take a gander and talk with some cool people. The thing I like doing the most is stuff like the Power Tour, Woodward Dream Cruise or the handfull of true cruises we still have in the area where the cruise is the length of a main street with people lined up in lawn chairs and you can acually cruise most of the night and within reason occasionally play around......it's more in the journey and enjoying the car for me.

For any of the older guys on here they will understand this...... the old street machine nationals in DuQuoin from the mid 80's to the mid 90's was the best ultimate show/cruise/driving/cruising experiance that there was.

Name:  Jun1991SMNDuqoin-2.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  53.5 KB

Last edited by flrtin1; 04-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11

world of wheels chicago 2011

"may" have won a few trophies in my sig

I go to thirdgenfest to BS with flrtin1 too. Guess we're in the cool people category
Old 04-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: Auto

Some very nice cars posted so far. I am from Illinois and I definately remember Street Machine Nationals. xbndbl13, i would love to see your car in person. I live in Tinley. I am partial though to your car xjcamaro89. Its identical to mine. Mine is originally white and I plan to repaint it the same color. I really like the white.

Kevin
Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11

I'll be at thirdgenfest with the car over memorial weekend in crete. Otherwise may 7th we rented out cordova dragway as well for some racing if you'd like to show up, there's a post in the midwest section.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Thanks kevmann. Thats actually a repaint on mine. When i replaced the engine in '02 i stripped the car down and repainted. Then did alot of wet sanding and buffing. i like the all white too!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Awesome pics so far, really like the stock white camaro.

Also really nice blue on that 84 Z.

Flrtin1 what year did you take that pic? Nice car btw.

Its sad to hear that we are getting beat out by honda's with T.V's in em thats BS. Don't worry much about the geezers there time is coming to an end and it will soon be our time to shine. 10-20 years our cars will be the really old ones winning all the trophies.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Mancha87

Flrtin1 what year did you take that pic? Nice car btw.
Thanks.......I am pretty sure that one is from 91
Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 PM

Lmao off @ the guy in the background that's holding what looks like a busch.

Also some nice cars behind you in that pic. Looks like an old cougar behind you & a monte carlo behind that.

Come on guys anyone else got some pics @ shows? Some with babes? lol
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by flrtin1
The thing I like doing the most is stuff like the Power Tour, Woodward Dream Cruise or the handfull of true cruises we still have in the area where the cruise is the length of a main street with people lined up in lawn chairs and you can acually cruise most of the night and within reason occasionally play around......it's more in the journey and enjoying the car for me.
It's funny you mention this; I'm from the Twin Cities, where Car Craft magazine has their annual summer nationals car show. Part of that show includes a cruise on the main strip in St. Paul on Saturday night, centered around an old '50s diner called Porky's, which opened in 1953. It's exactly as you describe--every surrounding parking lot is filled with cars, and everyone is out on the boulevard in lawn chairs just watching/taking pictures of all the cars cruise up and down the mile or so strip.

Well, turns out Porky's closed its doors for the last time this past Sunday. They sold it to an old folks' home development that has been in their shadow for quite a few years now. It wasn't so much the old folks' home that caused them to sell, but rather the City of St. Paul coming up with the brilliant idea to force light rail right down the middle of the street to connect the downtown areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul, making it very difficult to access businesses there. Supposedly it won't be done for another three years, but everything is torn up.

So, on that note, who knows what will happen with the Car Craft cruise. Porky's tried to open another location a couple years ago elsewhere in St. Paul, but neighborhood watchdogs (soccer moms and other pants-wearing women) rallied against them and they closed shortly after they opened.

Unfortunately I didn't go down to Porky's much these last few years. The speed limit is 30, there are always cops all over, which is fine, nobody screws off so there are no problems, but then one year the city got the bright idea to run a water truck down the strip at 10 PM. Pretty much quit going after that, sans Car Craft. Pretty sad.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mancha87
Don't worry much about the geezers there time is coming to an end....
Here's pic of my car along with my geezer butt (sorry about that). BTW, you might be surprised at the number of geezers on the board. Uncle Tom, for example, is still wrenching on his car at 70 or so. And I'm...well, Uncle is older than I am .

JamesC
Attached Thumbnails Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-100_4469.jpg  

Last edited by JamesC; 04-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 AM

JamesC, i see you have the dual snorkel setup with a open element air cleaner, is that just to force some cooler air into the engine compartment?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by xjcamaro89
JamesC, i see you have the dual snorkel setup with a open element air cleaner, is that just to force some cooler air into the engine compartment?
I saw the TPI set-up at a swap meet for $10, so I decided to experiment with it, hoping to somehow incorporate it with the carb, but the STB was a major obstacle, so I chucked the idea and returned to the normal filler plate.

JamesC
Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 AM

Ive got many trophys and plauges, just no pictures of them at the moment.. i think the best i ever did was take second place at the american icons show for best corvette/camaro! i always get beat by this iroc that is literally right off the show room floor. the guy has like 6k on it and still has the factory washer fluid in the bottle. my fully restored with 125k can never seem to beat him.. thats fine though. i have the enjoyment of really putting my foot down. where as he has never broken the speed limit

Name:  l_549024add34547f4814e2d82d4e1c56d.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  42.5 KB
Name:  p1200339_sized.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  74.6 KB
Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 AM

oh sorry i meant plaques not plauges.

Name:  l_a1536140933f402d94777b3761516489.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  40.4 KB
Name:  l_3a1644803f9c4b1b8a8188070d8db350.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  38.5 KB
Name:  37853_1499614523705_1034401145_1421396_1055979_n.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  74.8 KB
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 AM

Beautiful Car Metalz, I like that hood. Thats not a stock hood is it? & can we get some pics of the inside? The z28 on the headrest is kind of a teaser, I want to see what the rest looks like.

Thats a real nice 85 also James, wish I still had the hood insulation on mine. I was thinking about buying it but its to damn expensive for me.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by JamesC
Here's pic of my car along with my geezer butt (sorry about that). BTW, you might be surprised at the number of geezers on the board. Uncle Tom, for example, is still wrenching on his car at 70 or so. And I'm...well, Uncle is older than I am .

JamesC
Silver with the red is kind of funny, in that it's much like the black with red decals. In theory it doesn't sound that nice (to me), and I always picture a total beater so that's probably why, but when either of those two combos are clean, they are absolutely beautiful. Very nice ride.

Originally Posted by lordmetalz28
Ive got many trophys and plauges, just no pictures of them at the moment.. i think the best i ever did was take second place at the american icons show for best corvette/camaro! i always get beat by this iroc that is literally right off the show room floor. the guy has like 6k on it and still has the factory washer fluid in the bottle. my fully restored with 125k can never seem to beat him.. thats fine though. i have the enjoyment of really putting my foot down. where as he has never broken the speed limit

I also would love to see some more of this ride, beautiful.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 560 Likes on 384 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Attending car shows is my summer getaway, and as a consequence, my wife and I head out nearly every Saturday through the season. Though I'm not a trophy hunter, I have a load of plaques and trophies. That said, I can pretty much predict whether my car will earn an award or not. If the show is large and awards are given for, say, the top twenty-five, my chances aren't good (Most shows are run by geezers my age who remember their youth and the cars that accompanied it). On the other hand, if there are classes, say 80-90, my car is usually in the running.

Two things trouble me about shows: one, showgoers my age have zero interest in my IROC (while those half my age chat my ears off about it). Two, with the exception of the CamaroFest, my car is typically the single thirdgen at an event--which was the case just yesterday.

Interest in thirdgens generally? At CamaroFest last year there were about 150 Camaros. Perhaps a 100 were firstgen (remember the geezers I was talking about above) with three different classes: 67, 68, and 69. Second-, third-, and fourthgen cars made up the other 50 cars.

JamesC
I know how you feel James, I think I'm approaching "old geezer" status myself. I'm sure that I'm older than 90% of the members here.

And when I take a 3rd gen to a show I have a similar experience. Guys half my age are really interested in my car, older guys, not so much. I might win a trophy if any are left after all the red 1st gens have gotten theirs.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Supreme Member

The best is seeing the LITTLE kids, maybe 3-10 years old, staring at our cars like something out of this world, just as we did when we saw '60s muscle cars growing up that were from before our time (I still stare...). That's when I realize that our cars really do look a lot different from what else is on the road. It's hard to realize that when you see your car everyday in the garage, but it's the truth--our cars are old, and pretty uncommon on the road these days. It's worth a stare or two for the little guys.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45

I have taken mine to two shows so far. Won an Award of Excellence at a classed show. They told me it was behind best of show/class. I competed against about 30 firebirds of all years (about 4-3rd gens including a 2500 mile 89 TTA). there were about 1500 cars at that show total. the other was a cruise-in with 25 trophies. Had my gold rims on then.. didnt win anything.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1990 Formula
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi

Pic of my Formula and a Friends 86 T/A at the Car Craft Magazine Summer Nationals

Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 AM

IMissMy, where did you go to a classed show at? You didnt hop the border into PA for it did you, your car looks familiar.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Originally Posted by xjcamaro89
IMissMy, where did you go to a classed show at? You didnt hop the border into PA for it did you, your car looks familiar.
It was the Arthritis foundation show in Dublin Ohio (columbus). Never took it over a border The car is an ohio car all its life
Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM

Car: 82 camaro berlinetta (z28clone)
Engine: gmpp 350,edelbrock,msd,k&n
Transmission: stage 2 maddog 700r4
Axle/Gears: motive gear 4.10/ eaton posi

hello, i hear ya guys on the car sows...i been working on this car for the last 7 years...each winter it gets better and better...no no respect at car shows...most people give quick glance and don't even see the details or see that the entire powertrain is not stock anymore...usually a new corvette or prowler or something f that nature wins, or some ***** with a tv..lol. but hey what do you do. i still take my wife and kids and we try to have a good time. i do usually go to a carmaro fest in the fall at summit racing and they (all camaro guys) noitice things. here are some pics i have 3 trophies and many dash plaques

Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Supreme Member

Name:  nauvoo1.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  22.4 KB

This pic is from 04 at the Festival of Wheels in Nauvoo Ill and we both placed. The white 86 has a BB in it and when the Power Tour came through Keokuk Ia. last year I saw the guy and he still has it, I am surprised I have never seen him on here!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by flrtin1
[IMG]...I am surprised I have never seen him on here!
Oddly, many people with whom I've spoken and who own thirdgens are unaware of TGO.

JamesC
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 Bolt, 3.42

I've won a decent amount of trophies and plaques over the years with my car. In general thirdgens don't get much respect at car shows but there are some people who really like them. In my experience 7 out of 10 times a 65-72 era muscle car will win over a nicer thirdgen due to the older muscle cars being more popular.

I rarely got to car shows anymore, I've gotten more into racing or cruise-ins. Car shows take all day, I can leave whenever I want at a cruise-in.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 91 R/S , 89 dodge p/u
Engine: L31 GM crate re-cammed , 318
Transmission: T-5 , 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42 , ?

JamesC

are you calling me a "GEEZER" , no respect . i represent that remark . my car is by no means show quality . but it is one of the best in our local club "GULF COAST THIRD GENS" . yesterday bought with nephew another 4 point car/truck lift . tomorrow picking up a 1 ton gantry for our home shop . by cruisin the coast this year i hope it to be decent enough to show it off . it is a TRUE daily driver . i may be getting old but i refuse to grow up (just ask 2 of my ex-wifes) . BTW i will be 72 in 2 more months . everything still works . but , it now takes me hours to do what i used to do for hours . oh well , charter member of "TGGG" third gen. geezer group . good luck to all . cheers .
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by UNCLE TOM
oh well , charter member of "TGGG" third gen. geezer group . good luck to all . cheers .
You're the President, Uncle. Hats off to the man!

JamesC
Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 PM

I dont have many interior photos. here are the few i was able to dig up
Attached Thumbnails Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-100_1081.jpg   Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-p5300493.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70

Redraif probably has more awards than anyone here....

Just sayin.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
COTM Editor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 91 Z28, 87 SC, 90 IROC, 92 RS
Engine: LS1, 305 TPI, L98, NADA
Transmission: T56, 700r4's, and NADA
Axle/Gears: 3.89, 3.42, 3.23, NADA

Here is mine...
Attached Thumbnails Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-dscn0506.jpg   Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-dscn0516.jpg   Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-camaro2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 305 TBI

I have been doing shows for about 7 years and have way too many "dust collectors"....lol At last count over 30, and over half 1st places. I have gotten 2 2nd places and a 3rd place from STARS also. I've posted most of my show pics over the years so can't post them again, including one with 3 92's, a Base, A Formy, and a Vert. My profile pic is from a show also. I used to care about trophies years ago, but as I said earlier, to me now they are just dust collectors.....lol
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro, 1986 S10, 2000 Harley
Engine: LS6
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.75 9" ford trac loc

Food Lion AutoFair, this past weekend. Best of show, from our group/club

Name:  DSC_0238.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  106.6 KBName:  100_0941.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  144.7 KB

Last edited by DeanJ; 04-13-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM

In an earlier post I said trophies were not a big deal anymore, but I never get tired of the "fans"........LOL When you quit looking at her, check out the "twins", cars that is.....lol Both are '92s, but not quite twins. One is my base Bird and the other is my buddy's Formy. Together they did grab some attention at the shows from alot of different people.
Attached Thumbnails Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-92fb22.2-1-.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 180 Likes on 132 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

I've got many awards and trophys, but I don't have pictures of them. My car has been to the Minnesota World of Wheels a couple times and took 1st place each time. I've had it at the Car Craft Summer Nationals in 2000 and 2001. Below is a small list of shows I've been to and the awards:

2001 World of Wheels - Best in Class
2002 Camaro SuperFest - 1st place unrestored original - 199/200 points
2001 All GM Show - Minneapolis - 1st Place
2002 World of Wheels - Best in Class
2003 Worldwide Camaro WinterNationals - 1st Place original Unrestored - Gold Certificate
2003 Fbody Gathering Atlanta - 1st Place - Platinum Award
2004 Worldwide Camaro WinterNationals - 1st Place original unrestored - Platinum Award
2004 WinterNational - Best paint original driven
2005 Worldwide Camaro WinterNationals - 1st Place original unrestored - Platinum Award
2005 Eckler's CamaroFest - 1st Place
2005 Fbody Gathering Atlanta - Class Winner - Platinum Award
2006 Worldwide Camaro WinterNationals - 1st Place original unrestored - Platinum Award
2006 WinterNationals - Best Interior
2006 Fbody Gathering Atlanta - Class Winner - Platinum Award
2006 NPD OktoberFest All GM Nationals - Best in Class 82-92
2007 Worldwide Camaro WinterNationals - 1st Place original Unrestored - Platinum Award

And a few miscellaneous shows that received viewers choice awards, etc. Looks like I haven't been to any shows for a few years, maybe it's time to get the car on the road again!!

The best reward to me is having the car in books more than the awards. My IROC-Z was recently included in another book called, How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle. It was in a couple other books a few years back like the Standard Catalog of Camaro

Last edited by scottmoyer; 04-19-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Scott, that is a nice list of awards from some nice shows, congrats. It's funny you said that about the books. My proudest car moment was a full page article in HighPerformancePontiac magazine (Jan. 2002). It was awesome and fulfilled a car related dream I'd had since first starting reading car mags as a kid.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
2002 Camaro SuperFest - 1st place unrestored original - 199/200 points

What did you lose a point for?
Old 04-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 180 Likes on 132 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

The two judges dinged me 1 point each for the average to still be 199. One of the judges dinged me because the original owner used touch up paint on a couple chips on the side mirrors. Since the car was in the unrestored class, he said that the touch up was considered restoring. The 2nd judge dinged me because my undercarriage was dirty. In reality, I had the old Rusty Jones beeswax undercoating that made the undercarriage look yellow and blotchy in places. The judge used a mirror to see under the car and couldn't verify what the discoloration was so it was marked as dirty. The beeswax has now been removed!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: 5 speed

I took my car to a cruise in last week.Its only the 2nd time I showed her.There was only about 60 cars there.All of them were really nice cars too..I was the only 3rd gen...but I did win a trophy.I dont know why, I actually only took it cause I wanted to drive there and my bf was showing off his Chevelle...lol
I wouldnt call her show quality at all though!!! lol
Name:  026-6.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  54.9 KB
Name:  diamonddiner411005.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  71.2 KB
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
COTM Editor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 91 Z28, 87 SC, 90 IROC, 92 RS
Engine: LS1, 305 TPI, L98, NADA
Transmission: T56, 700r4's, and NADA
Axle/Gears: 3.89, 3.42, 3.23, NADA

Originally Posted by bsporty
I took my car to a cruise in last week.Its only the 2nd time I showed her.There was only about 60 cars there.All of them were really nice cars too..I was the only 3rd gen...but I did win a trophy.I dont know why, I actually only took it cause I wanted to drive there and my bf was showing off his Chevelle...lol
I wouldnt call her show quality at all though!!! lol

I haven't been around in a long time. B - your car turned out really nice! Congrats on the trophy
Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro Rs.R
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I SECOND THAT!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5

I took my car to the F-Body gathering, G15, got best in class but there were so many classes and divisions and subclasses that I really don't put much stock in being picked best of 3. They didn't do a best of show or best of generations; they couldn't make their minds up whether they wanted to do a real show or whether they wanted to give a trophy to everybody. It was fun though! Where I live, there doesn't seem to be a lot of shows. I've only had it a year though and haven't shown it much. Thirdgen guys seem to like it, but Camaro folks in general are more into 1969s and fifthgens and most get confused by the RS/B4C thing. My '78 Silverado has taken a few 1st places for pickup categories and one second place, though. Most of those were legit, one of them was an "everybody gets a trophy" show with too many classes.

I prefer cruise-ins where people park at a local place, talk cars, and leave whenever they want to. There was a great one in Texas that would get about 50-80 cars every Saturday night. The 10PM-Midnight crowd (ricers) ruined it though because their raging VTECs could barely be contained in the parking lot, resulting in laid rubber and police interventions. Can't find any cruise-ins here on the gulf coast.

Last edited by KMK454; 10-01-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 iroc
Engine: 355 TPI FINALLY
Transmission: 700r4/ SHIFT KIT

here's mine
Attached Thumbnails Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-paw-paw-1.jpg   Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies-pawpaw2.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948

I only went to one show this year, but the car got a 1st place trophy.

Name:  tta2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  117.4 KB
Name:  tta3-2.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  122.9 KB

Last edited by 82tarecaro; 10-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Show Quality 3rd Gens?Post Pics With Trophies