Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

The FIRST Flier/Banner thing I made....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 01:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The FIRST Flier/Banner thing I made....

I kinda tossed this together.. Im planning on making one for thirdgen's different crews, with their cars for placement onto local cars. I made a Color version, and a Black and white version.

While I was at it, I made another Cascade Crew logo. The picture of Mount Hood was actually taken by me, during the cruise at the PNW Gathering in Vancouver in August of 1999.

The cars are as follows:

In the middle My Trans Am, and my first 3rdgen the 1982 Z28.

On left bottom, Jon's (Qwktrip) Bird, and on the right, Lance's (Blue502) *other* Camaro.

-Roshambo

------------------
-Joe
1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 305 TPI, 700R4, 3.23 Posi, Digital Dash, Leather Seats, Maui Blue with Silver GFX, T-tops, Tinted Glass, Gutted MAF, TB Coolant Bypass, K&N Cone Filter, Hi Flo Cat, 3" exhaust from Y-pipe back, MSD Super Coil, Accel 8mm wires, L98 Aluminum Heads, Ported and Polished Plenum, Siamesed Intake, Aluminum Driveshaft, Edelbrock 3 point Strut Tower Brace
Old 09-11-2001, 04:04 AM
Jza

It should say somewhere on there "Camaros and Firebirds 1982-1992" or something to that effect.

I don't know who you're planning to hand them out to, but some people only drive the damn things, they don't know anything about them ("what's a "thirdgen"?). Or a third-generation what? Obviously, there's a couple generations of most other makes/models of cars as well.

Also, the flier almost implies that Thirdgen.org and the Cascade Crew aren't seperate entities. I like to think of TGO as national, whereas everything else is regional. Well, I kinda think of NEThirdgen.org as national, too, even though it's regional as well. That's only because it's basically our non-tech site.

Other than that, as a flier in general, it looks good. A while back, when I was trying to promote the site, I made small strips (about an inch wide by 8" long) to go under wiper arms of thirdgens or give to friendly thirdgen drivers I might encounter.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:40 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jza:

I don't know who you're planning to hand them out to, but some people only drive the damn things, they don't know anything about them ("what's a "thirdgen"?). Or a third-generation what? Obviously, there's a couple generations of most other makes/models of cars as well.

Also, the flier almost implies that Thirdgen.org and the Cascade Crew aren't seperate entities. I like to think of TGO as national, whereas everything else is regional.

</font>
Well, basically, the idea is to put them on a nice 3rdgen you see parked, or as a conversation starter at local car related events. Since Cascade Crew is my local club, and Ill be in my area passing them out, I think this make the most sense.

I neglicted to add a "1982-1992" part in there, because any F-body is welcome on here in my opinion. If I see a nice 1st, 2nd or 4th gen. Ill let the owner know it, and invite him/her to Cascade crew to check it out.

-Roshambo

[This message has been edited by Roshambo (edited September 11, 2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALRIGHT IM KINDA FIRED UP!!!! Take off that silver piece. YOU SKIPPED THE BEST LOOKING THIRDGEN I HAVE EVER SEEN......... go check out what IONSZ28 is driving in! here ill help ya out
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=13605035&f=0

Dont wanna sound like a **** but you put that silver SPORT COUPE???? in and not the baddest thirdgen ive ever seen in
Old 09-11-2001, 06:25 AM
Supreme Member

And the blue firebird is decent for a stock firebird, but you have two blue cars and they clash a lot..... try this one for size
http://server3003.freeyellow.com/brianb24/gtaws6.jpg Thats an 88 Yellow GTA with a ram air 2 hood and 17" WS6 chrome wheels from a newer trans am.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:21 AM
Jza

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roshambo:
Well, basically, the idea is to put them on a nice 3rdgen you see parked, or as a conversation starter at local car related events. Since Cascade Crew is my local club, and Ill be in my area passing them out, I think this make the most sense.

I neglicted to add a "1982-1992" part in there, because any F-body is welcome on here in my opinion. If I see a nice 1st, 2nd or 4th gen. Ill let the owner know it, and invite him/her to Cascade crew to check it out.

-Roshambo
</font>
Yeah, I welcome any gen F-body here, and would even welcome enthusiasts of Mustangs or other cars even though most of the people here are not quite so open minded. I only mentioned it because the site itself is generation specific.

Old 09-12-2001, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ImportsRsloths:

Dont wanna sound like a **** but you put that silver SPORT COUPE???? in and not the baddest thirdgen ive ever seen in

And the blue firebird is decent for a stock firebird

</font>
Umm, did you even READ what I wrote? The boards are about 85% text, which makes reading an important part to understand anything before you post.

Just something to ponder.

-Roshambo
Old 09-12-2001, 05:39 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,911 Likes on 1,304 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56
I think the intent was to create a flyer using cars local to that specific region. Rosh was going to offer to help others make flyers for their regions also in which case other cars would be desirable. Both the cars suggested above are good candidates for their regions.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:31 PM
Supreme Member

Heya, Great Job roshambo.
do me a fav....
or thirdgen for that matter....

take off that cascade mountains yadi, so i can print them out...
put in CerNDrvrs 'maro if hes okay with it.
and then put scauffiels white trans, and two black camaro and firebird headto head...

thanx man! Great JOB!
P'haps we can get it posted so we can just link off homepage print out ourselves so we can pass out, nowadays people might just drive, but this is a site to help people...

------------------
91 FireBird 305 V-8
Edelbrock Catback, Custom Alarm. Fourth Gen Console. i have six cupholders. all for starbucks!
Go|)Created The Earth, And Then Turned Up The Bass.
Here's My Audio Install!

"Honda's FOR ME TO POOP ON!" -Triumph...