Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

From Motortrend....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Motortrend....

this is from the motortrend site..talking about how they think the 5th gen camaro should look. read the Capped part...

"And that gets us to styling. This is an unapologetically styled three-box coupe. Give it some rake to its lines. Study the BMW coupes. And give it as low a roofline as you can without being ridiculous on rear-seat comfort or being forced to use cardboard-thin front seat cushions. We figure this thing should be a blend of everything we've mentioned, stirred with a careful dollop of first- and second-generation Camaro. But don't go nuts on the heritage. 'FORGET THE THIRD-GENERATION CAR. THOSE WERE THE BAD YEARS'. This car should have a Chevy egg-crate grille and big, beautiful round headlights and possibly fog lamps. And in the rear are four round taillights. Limited chrome is okay. Maybe just a bright whisper around the greenhouse, the grille opening, and the SS badges. It should look serious, compact, and masculine with virtually no overhang front or rear. If you're having trouble visualizing the proportions, take a look at the stance and wheelbase-to-overall length of the Super 8 Hemi concept Freeman Thomas whipped up for DaimlerChrysler. But ignore the rest of that concept's odd styling."

Although i do agree with using the first generation to base the "heritige" on, i don't see how they could put down the Third Gen...bastards! If it was so bad, there wouldn't be so many people on this site. Aside from the first gen, i think our cars our the best

Old 08-21-2001, 11:35 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 87 Formula/ 00 Xtreme
Engine: TPI 305/ v6
Transmission: struggling t-5/ 4l60E
Axle/Gears: 3.08/ 3.23

Ahhh,,2nd gens,, the good years,,,,,
Old 08-21-2001, 11:36 PM
Supreme Member

I am 3rd gen for life!
Old 08-21-2001, 11:58 PM

i've only seen a few nice 2nd gens...i just don't like the overall appearence, but that one is ***** up! haha
Old 08-22-2001, 12:22 AM
Supreme Member

Oh they don't know their just guessing, just like evryone else. And I'll add that it would be an Ugly car! I swear they are getting worse and worse at designing cars and I'm getting tired of the fact that these designers suck at their job so bad they have to go back and incorporate some 20-50year old body style and round it off because they can't come up with anything unique. I mean everyone's doing this and slapping a grill on the front of the car that's larger than the windshield. That's just my 2 cents.

------------------

See my Ride:
https://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index...ew&rideid=1324
Old 08-22-2001, 12:38 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T5
If anything I think they should make the 5th gens like 2700 pounds or somewhere around there. Then put the new LS6 from the new Corvette Z06 in there and have a stock car with 405 horses and weighs like nothing! This would kill sooooo many ricers!! Hell anything!

------------------
1992 RS 3.1L Bone Stock

"Yeah, it's a V6 SO WHAT!?"
Old 08-22-2001, 01:28 AM

as long as it's not the size of a civic, that's a kick *** idea, but it would also kill a vette! GM can't and won't have that. i just hope it's rear wheel drive, still live axle cause if they put the independent in them and a few other things, more money! so people would just fork over the extra cash and buy a vette, so the 5th gen would still probably lose to the rustang in sales. and they should definetly do a better job of advertising the cars! but anyway, if they aren't RWD/V-8 cars that look somewhat like a camaro/TA then don't even make them...front wheel drive family sedan camaro? that would absolutly blow donkey ****! or even worse, turbo charged I-4 with a stock 5 foot wing, smaller than a go-kart. oh well at least we'll have our third gens, but that's another thing...does GM really want one of us to pull up next to a 5th gen and just rail the hell out of it? guess we'll find out
Old 08-22-2001, 02:18 AM
COTM Editor

Received 1,892 Likes on 1,292 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56
That's funny because I always thought the 2nd gen was hideous save the split bumper Camaros and I'm not exactly partial to them either. Truthfully, I think the 3rd gens look better then the 4th gens. It's a timeless design. I'm afraid the 4th gen design will soon become dated.

The thirdgens simply have more of a muscle car look and feel.

[This message has been edited by QwkTrip (edited August 22, 2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 09:51 PM
Mac

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 H.O.
Transmission: 700r4
thats funny since the fact that camaros sales more than doubled when they changed from ugly 2nd gens to third

------------------
1991 teal camaro RS rebuilt 96 350 marine motor, comp cam, accel ignition,8mm accel plugs and wires, flowtech headers, stock exhaust, and rear end. (2.73)
Old 08-22-2001, 11:18 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deadbird:

Ahhh,,2nd gens,, the good years,,,,,
</font>
lol, you never saw my 2nd gens though

if 3rd gens were so bad how come there is 10 years? I'd say the 93-97 were "the bad years".

Old 08-22-2001, 11:47 PM

what would be the point of making a heritage car? they need to get off their asses and design a good car. thats BS that they need to go back and steal designs from themselves.