Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Rice name calling

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rice name calling

Hell I am sick of having the same $hit on my car as everyone else. No one makes anything different nowadays, it's the same old stuff. Hoods, very select ground FX, even more select body kits and you have the tail light and head light covers... THATS IT PEOPLE, WE NEED SOMETHING NEW. I want something that distinquishes my camaro from every other clone out there. Heck there arn't even that many good looking rims for our cars now... You have to use spacers to run the 93 up style to get something new.
This "IT'S RICE" NAME CALLING NEEDS TO FU(KIN STOP!. We need some new ideas to make our cars unique again!. For quite a few years when the 3rds came out they were one of the best looking cars out there, sadly they have fallen very low on the scale now. I know mine needs work and does not look great in primer gray and in need of a drivers door, and a rear center spolier but hell. I still want it to have something that no other 3rd has.
I want to mod the hell outta mine, doing fiberglass work everywhere and using different headlights(leaning to the 3 series BMW) and even new tails(looking at the 96-up Supra)I don't care if it's an import it looks good. Have you seen their tails...They look bad a$$. I want to make a new front clip with a wider more open air intake and mount larger fog lights there and have funtional air scoops to the brakes even. I want to reshape the rear clip to mount the exhaust tips in the center and have a rear clip similar to the new vette. These are just a few of my ideas... It pays to pick up a truckin mag every once in a while to get ideas...
I also plan on swapping in a big 550 pony motor but its still gonna be a 6 banger. What you ask????... A 4.3 turbo Cyclone motor. I am looking at that becase it will easily take the new LS1's and maybe hang with a vette... Or maybe beat it out... at max boost(31PSI) LOL... I may even get around to swapping in the vette C4 rear end... But thats a ways down the road.

The point of all this banter...
IT'S YOUR CAR DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO IT. YOU DO NOT NEED ANYONES PERMISSION TO MODIFY IT TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT!. WHY SHOULD YOU CARE IF SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD DOES NOT LIKE IT?, IS THE CAR THEIRS?. ARE YOU THAT INSECURE ABOUT YOUR DECISIONS?. TRY GROWING A SET. DO THE MOD, TAKE A PIC AND POST IT. YOU MAY FIND THE PEOPLE TRASHING THE IDEA TURNING AROUND RATHER QUICKLY.

Peace.. D.

I know this will probly get locked but this definately needs to be said...
Old 07-05-2001, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your point has been made and I see no good future in this post so I am closing it.

Thanks,
Chuck