Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Need Photoshop Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 99 Trans Am
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Need Photoshop Help Please

I'm getting a new paintjob soon, and I'm thinking of getting a new color, so I figured I'd get some help from those of you that know your Photoshop. Now, you all know what colors look cool on third gens, so I need help. I don't want to keep the black, and want a good color to match with my chrome fender trim, front and rear blackouts, and a my bra. I'd prefer a color that isn't very common. I was thinking of some kind of orange, maybe a sunset or burnt orange. I'm also getting a 4in cowl hood, so if it'd be possible to add that too, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

------------------
1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
  • Custom Interior
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Shift Improver Kit

Homepage: www.rsdragster.cz28.comp
Old 06-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
Uh oh... get ready for some flaming on the tacky chrome fender trim. If you go with orange, I don't think it will go good with the chrome fender trim at all. I think that crap is ugly to begin with, but with orange I think it'll look even worse. Just my opinion though, its your car.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS
305ci automatic, all stock til I get some cash.
My 1992 RS
Old 06-05-2001, 04:38 PM

Well I would have to say the chrome trim would look "best" with black....not that I personally like it....and I think you need a picture that is slightly lighter for someone to be able to do a good job changing the color
Old 06-05-2001, 05:02 PM
Supreme Member

I know you dont want my opinion or probably care.... But the car will looks 20 times better without the Trailor park lookin trim (WHY????????????????????) If you getting it painted and the front looks nice : the bra (WHYYYYYY??????????????????) That is SHI*!!! I have a jet black 88 iroc and the tailight and headlight covers take it to a whole new level (but they are blackouts and my car is black), anyway, nice car, just ditch the SHI*!

------------------
IROC-Z :
Jet Black, Tinted Windows, Racing 5 Spokes, Big Block Hood, 91-92 Ground FX, 91-92 Z28 Spoiler, Headlight and Tailight Covers, Lowered. BAD @$$!!
Old 06-05-2001, 05:05 PM

Car: '92 Typhoon/ '79 Vette
Engine: Turbo 4.3L/Forged 355ci
Transmission: 4l60/th350
try and get a lighter pic, that would help. and i think the chrome crap looks the least "crappy" on white and black cars. but hey! at least he dosent have the all the body lines accented with chrome...

------------------
1979 L-82 Beefed up Corvette. Bright-orange with orange pearl.
end of summer: NOS!! im thinkin 250 shot. (already have a full race engine.)
god i love this car.

1985 WS6 Trans AM T-tops
bone stock sloth of an engine on its last leg(LG4 w/ 172,000mi)
T-5 tranny. thank god, i couldnt stand an LG4 auto.
Plans for an LT1,
dual exaust,
& a pounding stereo.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:37 PM

Car: 99 Trans Am
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
I'll try to get a brighter pic taken tomorrow then. I really don't know what the big deal is with the chrome trim, I think it does a great job accenting. I love it. And, when I get the car painted, I'm gonna have to take them off, so if it looks fine with out them after the paint job, I'll keep them off. But, what the hell is wrong with chome trim? Tacky? How do you figure? Are Blackouts tacky? Bras tacky? They're all the same. Just my opinion though.

Nate
Old 06-08-2001, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 IROC
There is a base Camaro around here that was painted in that Sunburnt metallic orange or what ever it is. I'm not a big fan of that color in general, but I think it looks pretty good on it. I've seen hugger orange Camaros and they kick *** . I had my 85 Z28 painted Sebring Silver and it was pretty good looking IMHO

------------------
Current
86 TA 305 5 speed, hardtop
99 Ducati 750 Super Sport

Former
85 Z28
94 TA
Old 06-09-2001, 10:35 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 88 Camaro SC:
I'll try to get a brighter pic taken tomorrow then. I really don't know what the big deal is with the chrome trim, I think it does a great job accenting. I love it. And, when I get the car painted, I'm gonna have to take them off, so if it looks fine with out them after the paint job, I'll keep them off. But, what the hell is wrong with chome trim? Tacky? How do you figure? Are Blackouts tacky? Bras tacky? They're all the same. Just my opinion though.

Nate
</font>
Yeah, I do think bras are tacky and so are blackouts on some cars. As for ImportsRsloths, it seems as if he flames anything that isn't on his car. I wasn't flaming your car 88 Camaro SC, I just personally don't like chrome fender trim. I do think if you're gonna have it, have it on a black car cause thats when it looks its best. Do what YOU want with it though cause your opinion on your car is the only one that matters.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS
305ci automatic, all stock til I get some cash.
My 1992 RS
Old 06-09-2001, 12:32 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MetalliCamaroRS:
Yeah, I do think bras are tacky and so are blackouts on some cars. As for ImportsRsloths, it seems as if he flames anything that isn't on his car. I wasn't flaming your car 88 Camaro SC, I just personally don't like chrome fender trim. I do think if you're gonna have it, have it on a black car cause thats when it looks its best. Do what YOU want with it though cause your opinion on your car is the only one that matters.

</font>
yeah I don't personally like the chrome fender trim but inportsRsloths doesn't really know what the hell he wants,this is part of a statement he made on the cleartaillights thred...
"I think that clear tailights could look sweet on a sweet thirdgen, that tasteful custom work. You guys that only like stock looking third gens are killing me, geez the car was styled by designers in the 80's..... Theres a lot of improvement to be done."

------------------
92RS,POLO GREEN