Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Time to upgrade your F-Body!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to upgrade your F-Body!

Hello all,
I don't know if anyone out there remembers me, but I used to be a regular post'er a few months ago chatting about my '90 Firebird Formula.
You see, about a week ago I was parked way away from everyone, like I always do and this girl crashes her '96 Pontiac Grand Am right into the passenger side door of my PARKED Firebird. She has totaled my car by bending the frame and today I got the final word on it.
It was so very very sad to see my 'Bird go, but what else can I do?
I will have wreck pic's up on the board within a few days so you all can feel my pain.
Until then, I am slowly parting out some items (NEW Chains, car cover, sunvisors, etc..) that you can find on the classified section because eBay takes to long.
Thank you guys for all of your help over the years, I have learned quite a bit from you.

Josh || Groove Merchant

------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

• '90 Firebird Formula | 305 with TBI
• Edelbrock Intake Manifold
• K&N Filter
• March Pulley's (Power & Amp)
• Alpine CDM-7861 Head Unit
• Pioneer Premier 6X9's
• Pioneer Premier 4X6's

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Groove Merchant?
Old 02-10-2001, 09:33 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: '86 T/A
Engine: 350/LT1 Intake
Transmission: 700R4 - Built
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42
OMG! Thats terrible. Just goes to show, there will always be some dumbass thats going to hit your car, no matter where it is. I wonder how some people even get a drivers license. Oh well, you can always get the insurance back, and you can sue her *** . Then you could get something real nice. Good Luck.

------------------
Houston f-body Member Page
Third Gen Project (New Site)
1989 305 tbi Camaro RS Red/Red
Ram Air II Hood
Flowmasters
Edelbrock Open Element

"Stock?! Theres nothing "stock" about a stock car."
Old 02-12-2001, 03:54 AM

Ouch.. reminds me of my horror stories. Some guy in a BMW banged my door when he opened his, saw that I was inside (looked right at me) then walked away! Managed to get inside one of those swipe card doors that you can only enter if you've got an authorized card..

To make matters worse 2 days later I was parked on the other side of the parking lot and some guy in a taxi crashed his front end into my rear wheel well. After getting all the information for insurance and police reports etc.. the insurance company made me go to a repair facility that they chose, ran up a bill of $2800 then came back to me and said they didn't have enough information from the other driver so I had to foot the entire bill.. They had his policy number, name, address, phone # etc.. if you were missing any information wouldn't you call to get it or somethin'? The insurance company refused to pay any part of the claim.. then raised the price of my policy because I now have an accident on my file.. Sometimes I wonder why we even have insurance. I miss that damn car though, had to give up the '98 bird - couldn't keep up with the expenses after that.. oh well
Old 02-12-2001, 10:43 AM

Wstriad,
Ouch... Man, you've been burnt more times then once haven't you?

Somtimes I wonder the same thing, why DO we even have insurance companies?

Today is the big day for me, I am waiting for the insurance company to settle with me, let's see how much of a slap in the face they give me in terms of "settlement" cash.

Josh
Old 02-12-2001, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 02 WS6 White/Ebony
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.42
Sorry to hear of both of your misfortunes. I have had to deal with insurance myself in the last 2 years due to someone elses carelessness. I found that by being very direct while still being tactful kept me from being shafted by the same insurance company that reamed my buddy. Being knowledgable about your car and also willing to speak to people up the chain of command also helps. Business people (especially insurance and lawyers) are very skilled recognizing intimidiation. If you show what they sense as "weakness" they will walk all over you. If you use the same cut-throat attitude while speaking intelligently about what you expect it should yeild higher results. As for the case of the insurance not paying the claim when you were hit while parked, that is illegal if you had full coverage insurance. I would call the different reputable attorneys in your area that specialize in insurance and set up a consultation. Breach of Contract should be pretty good grounds just to start with and would make a good suit that could yeild you a very healthy settlement. Good luck next time guys. Dwain aka "Draino"
Old 02-12-2001, 09:10 PM

Drain,
Those are some good points you made.

My roommate gave me the exact same advice, these lawyers and insurance people are like dogs - the smell fear and weakness a mile away and will shaft you with your settlement.

I am gearing up for the big call. I want to have all their answers already ready to be answered before they even ask them that way I won't have to hesitate.

I Blue Booked my 'Bird and without any exaggeration I got a number of $6018. I think it was so high because the motor only had 94,000 miles on it, and for an 11 year old car without even having 100,000+ miles, that is pretty good. I also have two envelopes FULL of receipts from my car. I guess being "****" about things paid off, huh

Does anyone have any other advice I could use when talking with these people in trying to get some more cash added to my car? If I could get $6k I would be very happy, although, more would be nice (but not likely).
Old 02-13-2001, 08:35 AM

Ah well.. crap happens I guess.. Sort of the story of my life hehe.. we'll see what happens next.. after I sold my '98 bird last year and bought a '00 Acura TL.. it's just not the same. Totally different class I suppose but I missed my bird too much and just bought an '87 bird to work on. Knowing my luck after I finish customizing the car the way I want it to look like something is gonna happen to me that will result in losing the bird again.. knock on wood..