Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Do these rims look ok or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have said that was pretty cool looking except 2 things. 1, why yellow? Practically any color other than yellow would have looked good. Red or maroon would have looked awesome.

The other thing, why did you get all that momo stuff and you neglected to get Polk MOMO speakers? The subs and components would have looked great in your car and would have kept with the momo scheme..

Old 11-15-2000, 10:15 PM

i think that car is bad ***!!! it is not ***** at all. ***** is cheap *** stickers and some whale tale about 10ft tall. he has alot of money in that car and it looks sweet. sorry everybody isn't into keeping there car looking stock except for a cowl hood and some rims. if he tood his car to a show and most of you took yours i would be that his would beat yours out by a long shot. thats just my 2cents.
Old 11-15-2000, 11:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Red Sled
Axle/Gears: 10bolt Richmond 3.73 Torsen
What is with all you low post guys talking crap to some elite members? I think everybody should just cool down for a while. This is getting you guys nowhere. Post your opinions on the subject, not how people reply. If you need to reply then do it in a more mature way. If I called that red camaro a piece of **** why don't you all just reply with a simple I disagree, I think the red camaro looks very good. Please stop this flame crap, I'm starting to loose some respect for this board. Now let me get back to the subject.
The red camaro looks good in it's own way. I personally like the color, hood, seats, but would really go for a complete black interior so as to not look euro style (I'm not big into that).
What I would change with the car, remember, just my opinion so you can take it or leave it:
1.)get that spray on tail light shade stuff because the read trim just looks odd
2.)remove all those huge stickers on the hatch
3.)rims...hmmm..hard one, I really really like those 18x8 IROC rims and I think I would get those after I replaced my rear end with a 4th gen 3.42 posi disc brake system
4.)keep the Hood, Spoiler, those look great
5.)paint over all the yellow with black
6.)try and take all atention OFF the engine, reasoning....well it's an L03, need I say more
7.)I like the stereo but like I said, need to get rid of that yellow trim
8.)KEEP THE SEATS, they are nice but definatly get a better engine under the hood
9.)that's all, now that wasn't all that painful now was it?

------------------
, Jon (91 RS too many mods to list)

[This message has been edited by JPrevost (edited November 18, 2000).]
Old 11-15-2000, 11:51 PM

Car: 2000 Corvette FRC
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
If you put 18x8 inch IROC rims on a third gen car with a 4th gen rear.. the wheels would stick like 1.5 inches out of the wheel well.. total trailer trash look, IMHO.

Theres no point in getting a 4th gen rear unless you plan to use 4th gen wheels. They are the same as our rears, just they stick out 2 inches more on each side.

Just thought I'd add that, just in case you didn't know.
Old 11-16-2000, 06:50 AM

Car: Trans AM
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 5spd
Originally posted by jason86/2.8:
That car wasn't all that bad, he did go a little to far on it though. If I was gonna put a tv, playstation and VCR in something, I'd get a Navigator or an Escalade and do that. The rims were ok, but not for a Third Gen. I like the American Racing Torque Thrust II rims personally. When I get the money some of those in 17s are going on my car!

Those Torque Thrust are ugly!! Whats up Flower Power. There like Cragar wannabe's!!
Old 11-16-2000, 09:03 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 406 Stealth Ram
Transmission: 700R4
For any of you who think that orange camaro is as bad-a** as I do, here is a modified version to use as your background (in Internet Explorer, right-click the image, and click "Set as Wallpaper"):

Old 11-16-2000, 09:12 AM

Car: 92' RS Camaro
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Yeah, those Torq Thrust II wheels are not bad but they're definetly not Cragar SS. The only wheels I'll put on my car...

------------------
1985 Camaro
74' 355 Small-Block
Doublehump Heads
Holley 750DP 4160
Edelbrock Performer
BlueRacer Cam 232/232
Keith Black Pistons
700R4 w/ B&M Shift Kit
B&M Megashifter
Old 11-16-2000, 01:48 PM

Car: Trans AM
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 5spd
Originally posted by cali4niaCruiser:
What the hell???? Its the bat mobile!!!
c'mon guys, is this really the future of
american muscle cars?

Which car are you talkin about??

Old 11-16-2000, 07:23 PM

mr iroc z: where did u get those iroc rims? are those the 18s from performance wheel outlet? thats what i might get...

what problems are there of installing 18s on an iroc?

what size tires do you have (how wide is the rim)?

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited November 16, 2000).]
Old 11-17-2000, 12:15 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Chevy Cavalier
Engine: 2.2
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: it's part of the transmission
ZRocky-your car is ugly as sin(sorry,you did ask what we think)once I start tearing up my car its going to be controversial.I already have my back seats out to make room for amps n stuff. the 12" Sub in the back is insane! Its not going to be the only one of its kind for long. As long as it looks good to you man,thats all that matters,maybe your color blind or something.My TA looks like that Brown camero up in the upper left hand corner.all my friens tell me "it's ugly paint it black!" it's stock color I think it looks 'phat.then someone on this board was goin on about winshield sunshade stickers,I have the "PONTIAC" in my window,I don't regard that as a styling offense,especially in the california sun. those rims are ok but you have committed two major styling offenses:spacing,the wheels don't fill your wheel wells up and you really should show some huge cross drilled composite rotor discs with custom aluminum four piston red calipers,even if you don't have a soft spot in your heart for squirrels,the engine would have been better off stock,the chrome makes it look old fashoned,you would be better off with plain or colored billet aluminum pieces,braided plumbing kit or blue silicone hoses, stainless steel exaust headers peeking out would look oohh so sweet.make it look more like a modern high tech engine to compliment your extreemly high tech interior,your car looked ok until I saw under the hood,I thought I was looking at billy bobs '73 $500 Nova project car.I like to take stock pieces ,like the water pump,and give it a coat of krylon "alumininum" it doesn't look too guady but it helps with the "clean machine" look.good luck at the car shows,but please fix the engine bay
Old 11-17-2000, 01:26 AM

Junkyarddog that isn't my car.My car is red too ,but it's stock!
Old 11-17-2000, 10:52 AM

congradulations to the car this topic is originally about..not only have u suceeded in weighing the car down with tons of retarded **** like playstations stereo equipment and the most ugly interior ive ever seen..but you have also made the car extremely ugly with tires that a sh*tty lexus would take on.....is that a camaro or a japanese retro remake
now i havta go outside and tell my camaro "its alright ill never let that happen to you"
Old 11-17-2000, 02:57 PM
Banned

rice..anyone?
Old 11-18-2000, 03:43 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Chevy Cavalier
Engine: 2.2
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: it's part of the transmission
Zrocky,you have taken all this abuse for nothing? thats not your car? those rims still look like something that would roll out of an alleyway in Tijuana.