Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

New paint in the process with cowl scoop and 18" Iroc Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.70
No, IMO it doesn't need a drop, looks sweet as is! Sharp looking ride, me likes!!
Old 04-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro Z28/1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: 305 tpi/350tpi
Transmission: 700r4
I like it! I like how clean it looks! Also love the paint what color is it?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:31 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro
Originally posted by 85maroz28
I like it! I like how clean it looks! Also love the paint what color is it?

Thanks for the compliments....It would be a custom color...A Black pearl paint...From certain angles its purple and from other angles its black
Old 04-11-2004, 10:01 PM

After seeing 91Niterida's car, I think I will check into some springs. Maybe only about an inch or so though.

My hood is actually a stock fiberglass hood that I had a friend put the scoop on.

Todd
Old 04-11-2004, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by toddlsf
After seeing 91Niterida's car, I think I will check into some springs. Maybe only about an inch or so though.

My hood is actually a stock fiberglass hood that I had a friend put the scoop on.

Todd
Hey Todd,
Actually my camaro isnt lowered...just has sagging coils
Old 04-11-2004, 10:34 PM

Wow dude. That is one nice car. I assume it was originally an RS? I didn't see where you had mentioned what motor you had? I like it with the deleted emblems. Gives it charachter. Awesome car bro!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by BadBowtie88
Wow dude. That is one nice car. I assume it was originally an RS? I didn't see where you had mentioned what motor you had? I like it with the deleted emblems. Gives it charachter. Awesome car bro!

thanks for the compliment...It was an RS but i didnt want to keep the badges because when i drop in a LT1 or 383,i want it to be a sleeper....Make people guess whats under the hood. ...I just washed it today...Im going to wax it tomorrow
Old 04-11-2004, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by 91NiteRida'
Dont Hate hahahaha....No drop for me
Believe me, i dont. I used to have an 85 Full Size 4x4, sat about the same height as that thing.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by admrlam
Believe me, i dont. I used to have an 85 Full Size 4x4, sat about the same height as that thing.
ummm i was talking about my camaro but im glad you got a ford in ya =)
Old 04-11-2004, 10:55 PM

91NiteRida' -- I didn't think yours was lowered, but it sits lower than mine. But, your tires are 45's too. That may have something to do with it.
Todd
Old 04-11-2004, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by toddlsf
91NiteRida' -- I didn't think yours was lowered, but it sits lower than mine. But, your tires are 45's too. That may have something to do with it.
Todd
Yeah ill be going to a 40 series later on...They came with the tires and are almost brand new...For the price i got them for,i couldnt complain
Old 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM

ummm i was talking about my camaro but im glad you got a ford in ya =)
It was a Full Size Chevy, and i KNOW you were talking about your Camaro. Obviously the implication went right over your head.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car: FBODYS
Engine: ALWAYS 8'S
Transmission: ALWAYS MENTAL
Axle/Gears: RUSTY AND BRAND NEW
HATER ALERT! HATER ALERT! HATER ALERT! Just leave, don't go away mad, it wasn't your thread anyway!
Old 04-11-2004, 11:55 PM

It was a Full Size Chevy, and i KNOW you were talking about your Camaro. Obviously the implication went right over your head.

well if you dont like the look,you can buy me some drop coils and we can call it good
Old 04-11-2004, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by KEVIN L.
HATER ALERT! HATER ALERT! HATER ALERT! Just leave, don't go away mad, it wasn't your thread anyway!

Hey Kevin, wheres my rims?:hail: :lala: ...
Old 04-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Supreme Member

I polished them tonite, and Black Magiked the tires. Those tires still have alot of tread on them. I'll have to fix that next weekend I need to get the new springs and struts&shocks in to see if the handling is better. Everyone who's seen em in person says they are sweet.
Even the fourth gen's around here are spinnin' their heads off as I go by!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by KEVIN L.
I polished them tonite, and Black Magiked the tires. Those tires still have alot of tread on them. I'll have to fix that next weekend I need to get the new springs and struts&shocks in to see if the handling is better. Everyone who's seen em in person says they are sweet.
Even the fourth gen's around here are spinnin' their heads off as I go by!
Im glad i can help out another third gen owner......let me know once you send out the m.o
Old 04-12-2004, 07:45 AM

Oh my Go<x>d... Seriously, yelling Hater completely sends me back to grade school. How old are you guys?

All im saying, Nite, is that you have a great wheel and paint combo on the car, and i think it looks decent, and COULD look really good. Right now though, with wheels that size, it looks like the car is up on stands. My only other criticism would be that if you DONT want to put the emblems back on (i agree, by the way), i would fill in the emblem notch on the front bumper, because it looks unfinished.

All that aside, damn. You seriously need to learn the meaning of the words CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I dont know how old you are, but im certainly curious as to what you do, because im dying to know if you prance around the world in a work environment with that stupid attitude.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:00 PM

Oh my Go<x>d... Seriously, yelling Hater completely sends me back to grade school. How old are you guys?

All im saying, Nite, is that you have a great wheel and paint combo on the car, and i think it looks decent, and COULD look really good. Right now though, with wheels that size, it looks like the car is up on stands. My only other criticism would be that if you DONT want to put the emblems back on (i agree, by the way), i would fill in the emblem notch on the front bumper, because it looks unfinished.

All that aside, damn. You seriously need to learn the meaning of the words CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I dont know how old you are, but im certainly curious as to what you do, because im dying to know if you prance around the world in a work environment with that stupid attitude.
One thing i learned from grade school...If you dont have nothing nice to say,dont say it at all....How do you know if its constructive criticism or not?We are talking on the computer...Either way its a pointless arguement....Its my car and im going to do it the way i want to do it whether you want it lowered or not...Plain and simple end of conversation.As for the emblem on the front bumper,its already on there...Just wasnt on there for the picture...Do you have a picture of your ride?Because im sure i could point something out and then you would think im bashing on you....End of conversation
Old 04-12-2004, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '89 RS Convertible
Engine: 355
LOL..geez...things sure are getting ugly around here. Not commenting one way or the other on NiteRida's car, but to all you guys who think it looks higher than stock...it isn't. The diameter of the wheel/tire combo he has on there is exactly the same as the stock size (in fact...its 3/10's of an inch less). So those wheels are NOT lifting that car up off the ground. If you think it looks it...its all an optical illusion
Old 04-12-2004, 02:55 PM

Thanks Deemax,
I didnt mean to be rude but it gets a little annoying when people tell you how to build your car....Yes it is an optical illusion ....I thought i needed a drop when i had the 16s but now that i have the 18s,i think it looks perfect...Not to mention,if i did drop it,i would have to get new tires because im rubbing a lil already
Old 04-12-2004, 03:09 PM

Car: 87 Iroc (summer only)
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 5 speed
Looks good IMO. Nice job.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:41 PM

One thing i learned from grade school...If you dont have nothing nice to say,dont say it at all....How do you know if its constructive criticism or not?We are talking on the computer...Either way its a pointless arguement....Its my car and im going to do it the way i want to do it whether you want it lowered or not...Plain and simple end of conversation.As for the emblem on the front bumper,its already on there...Just wasnt on there for the picture...Do you have a picture of your ride?Because im sure i could point something out and then you would think im bashing on you....End of conversation
Wait, so you post pictures of your car, and then only want people to post replying if they have something POSITIVE to say? Thats plain retarded. And no one is telling you how to do anything. I couldnt care less of you dont lower your car, lol. Im not the one who has to drive it every day, thankfully.

And the big difference between you and i is that i recognize that when people politely mention things they THINK i should improve, its CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Want to bash my car? Knock yourself out. Im not the one claiming my car is the spitting image of perfection. I know my car has a long way to go, but if it makes you feel better... I wouldnt care to tell you how to build your car. if i was, id have had a lot more to say than it needs to be lowered, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails New paint in the process with cowl scoop and 18&quot; Iroc Rims-bird1.jpg  
Old 04-12-2004, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '89 RS Convertible
Engine: 355
And the big difference between you and i is that i recognize that when people politely mention things they THINK i should improve, its CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Constructively speaking...Betty Boop looks silly
Old 04-12-2004, 05:15 PM

Now it DEFINETELY needs a drop.

I think i could crawl underneath there on all fours and not even need a jack.
ill end it at this....This to me is not constructive criticism but being a smart a$$....If one of the moderators would like,you can close this topic.....I'll end it here.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:21 PM

sure ill put them on just because you said so ...Sorry to be rude but my taste is a lil different than yours and that goes for everyone else that owns a third gen...Thats what makes every single car look different and unique
No, THAT would be 'being a smart ***.' I put the tongue smiley at the end of the crawling comment specifically so youd realize it was a jab in jest, but i guess it really does have to get spelled out for you. Whatever.

Dee, Its Brain, from Pinky and the Brain, lol... Been a running joke amongst my friends since High School. Pinky and the brain are both in the back window of my daily beater now, LOL.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Supreme Member

Now the hatin begins

Get OUT!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:04 AM

Excuse me? YOU get out, i was here first!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 PM

Car: 88 IrocZ
Engine: 350 Tuned Port
Transmission: 700R4 on its way out....
in response to the dropping it, i have 1LE coils and the i proceeded to cut about 2-3 coils out of each of them... i regret it now but it looks rather sick... but it scrapes on everything, i beat that poor lip off of everything and now its cracked in 3 places... really brings the look of the car down, looks beat cause all the paint is coming off too... when i get it repainted i might have to get some different coils. oh well you must first be young and stupid before you are old and wise and right now im a stupid 19 year old... well 19 as of this SUNDAY!!!! YAY!, ok im out!

*eric*
Old 04-16-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by breakthelawinaz
in response to the dropping it, i have 1LE coils and the i proceeded to cut about 2-3 coils out of each of them... i regret it now but it looks rather sick... but it scrapes on everything, i beat that poor lip off of everything and now its cracked in 3 places... really brings the look of the car down, looks beat cause all the paint is coming off too... when i get it repainted i might have to get some different coils. oh well you must first be young and stupid before you are old and wise and right now im a stupid 19 year old... well 19 as of this SUNDAY!!!! YAY!, ok im out!

*eric*
I know what your saying eric about being young and stupid first...I just turned 19 in March.....Happy early b-day...After paying 2K for the paint job,scraping the front nose isnt too satisfying..Thats why im not dropping it....If i do,it will only be the rear.