Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Has there ever been a chopped top thirdgen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1982 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: Stock carbed 305
Transmission: Stock 200C
There has never been a movie made by Charlie Sheen called Ray...go to the Internet Movie Data Base and see for yourself. Its called , The Wraith it didn't even have a different title. A wraith is a mysterious ghost or apparition and that is exactly what Charlie Sheen was in the movie....and had a bad *** car, the one that FruityOne linked. Although I have seen it in other places called a Vector...I have a picture of it on my old harddrive that is a Dodge ad from the 80's and the car is called the Vector on it, but I have seen it called the Interceptor, just that Vector came to mind first. It happens though, often times concept vehicles get their names changed a few times. Not to bash Devian

Raif, I meant to say that there was new pictures of it floating around right now, in a different post. I can't find it thoug, maybe it got deleted, it was a bit controversial...and the pictures were actually removed because the originator of the thread had posted way past the three picture maximum. So it means that the car was actually showcased some time recnetly because the guy said it was froma car show he had just gone to.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
I think i know the post. There were some cars i wanted to see the pics & they had already been taken off by the mods...From the first few pics, it looked like a World of Wheels type show...
Old 07-29-2003, 09:44 PM

Car: 1983 Trans Am
Engine: N/A
Transmission: N/A
Originally posted by redraif

Anyway...I did my headlight mod before I knew about this car!
LIES ALL LIES!

For starters, the car has the same headlight mod as you, which he obviously did first.

Secondly, it sort of reminds me of the car from the movie The Wraith. Your name Reraif, Wraith=raif.

Dramatization:
You were sitting at your house one day in 1986, and LT1Guy called you up and asked you on a date. After some deliberation you and him decided on a movie. The movie of choice was The Wraith, because LT1Guy likes fast cars, and you a teenage crush on then hearthrob Charlie Sheen. Then you recieve your car it is red. You remember the movie vividly and the name Redraif comes to mind. Years later you are still very intrigued by Charlie Sheen and decide to get some pictures of him off the interne, during this you stumble upon this concept trans am which looks the interceptor, you steal the headlight idea and run with. Then you hack the website and become the only person to own copies of said pictures. Which were "lost" because the iomega zip drive is faulty.

This is based off pure scientific method, and is fact.

Listen up sweetie, I am on to you like white on ****.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am curious though as to how fast the car actually did run. I mean it looks aerodynamic to the max. Would chopping the top and add those fender cover pieces help lower the drag dramatically, or is most of that just appearance only?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Too Funny! :sillylol: That made my day!

Believe it or not I have never seen the movie...but Joe tell me about it. Especially since the names are so close!

Well I guess now I have to rent it just to satisfy my curiosity!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:26 AM

Car: 1983 Trans Am
Engine: N/A
Transmission: N/A
For the most part it is a pretty good movie.

I honestly believe cheesy teen flicks of the 80's were a lot better then cheesey teen flicks now.

The absence of Corey Feldman in today's society makes me sad.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60e
Originally posted by Midnight Sun
I am curious though as to how fast the car actually did run. I mean it looks aerodynamic to the max. Would chopping the top and add those fender cover pieces help lower the drag dramatically, or is most of that just appearance only?
Last time I talked to him I believe he said it was a high 13 second slip or low 14. Either way - it wasn't anything to get excited about.