Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Verticle Door instructions?? like on a ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Mustang GT
Engine: 302
Transmission: T5
It actually wouldn't be that hard if you are creative... get some fiberglass skinned doors then fab some brackets up however you want and design the mechanism for them to open (be it air shock or an electrical actuator)
Old 01-21-2003, 10:09 PM

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: 350
if you did do this to your doors, wouldnt you have to push the door out, then push it up?? if you had t - tops the weather striping that goes over the window would get in the way... or did someone already meantion this.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92transam where can i find those hinges?
Old 01-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 firebird now
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5 speed
Originally posted by 89firechicken
92transam where can i find those hinges?
I knew someone would ask that sooner or later lol, Ive been trying to keep this project a secret so I can show everyone on here it before anyone else gets it done but here is the site http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/hinges.html
Old 01-22-2003, 09:52 AM

i've been wanting to do the same as you but i couldnt find anyone that would do it. except one guy at sema but i lost his info.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:54 PM

ok, i went to that site, and that is some stupid a$$ sh|t man. you use the gas shock and when you open the door, you cant get your legs out!! its just going to get in the way some how. very LOL by the way.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:34 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: 350 TPI L98 block
Transmission: 700R4
Originally posted by 92Transam
I knew someone would ask that sooner or later lol, Ive been trying to keep this project a secret so I can show everyone on here it before anyone else gets it done but here is the site http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/hinges.html
I've been all over that site for quite a while..
Old 01-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by omnipotentgoku
I've been all over that site for quite a while..
And so have I even before they had this kit for cars, I was going through countless sites and I found this one but at the time all they had was the kits that where just made for the lambo kit cars.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:55 PM

Car: 92 firebird
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: t-5
Originally posted by Kj Rockz
That really not very possible in our cars.

At least, not for some major money.

Are doors are way tooo heavy....
its definalty possible...theres a 87 trans am for sale at a gas station by my house and it has the vertical doors and i think it looks pretty bad..it doesnt go with 3rdgens. the guy definatly had alot of work done to it but hes only sellin it for 1000 so it couldnt have taken that much money to do it.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 87PontiacBeast
its definalty possible...theres a 87 trans am for sale at a gas station by my house and it has the vertical doors and i think it looks pretty bad..it doesnt go with 3rdgens. the guy definatly had alot of work done to it but hes only sellin it for 1000 so it couldnt have taken that much money to do it.
Could you get pics?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:35 AM

As for the door coming out so many inches before lifting, couldn't this just be done manually? It wouldn't take any effort to pull it, and something (some kind of track I guess) can certainly be fabricated to pull it in and out on before lifting. This way you'd still only need one actuator (or whichever device you want) per door. Right?
Old 01-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 88' Iroc-Z
Engine: LQ9
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42
i found someone else that sells the kits although alot more expensive but it comes with actuators instead of gas shocks. The 2x4 will be holding the door open like alot of people hold their hatches up. so it would only be reasonable to go with actuators IMO http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?ITEMID=LAMBODUN ive been checking it out. i dont want to be cool that bad!
Old 01-22-2004, 04:54 PM

Car: '86 TransAm WS6
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Custom TH700R4
First things first: 'Lamborghini-style' doors are known as 'SCISSOR' style doors. Not 'GULLWINGS' Not 'GULLWINGS' Not 'GULLWINGS' DeLoreans had gullwings.

That being said, gullwings would be really cool if you could pull off the fabrication. (probably less hassle, and better acces than the 'Lambo' doors)

Start with a T-Top car and the roof skin from a hardtop. Put the hinge on the center bar, and run a tube down the front and rear edges of the T-top opening and down the edges of the window. These would be what holds the door panel to the hinge. Relocate the latch, using a cable-operated latch such as found on the tailgate of a minivan, to the bottom center of the door. Use the roof pieces from the hardtop to make the top of the door, and there you go. (you can tell i've put some thought in to this)

Of course, the biggest drawback to gullwings is that they take an awful lot of room to open up. You will have to start seeking out those double-wide parking spaces, and straddle the stripe. Such is the price of ultimate coolness.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:32 PM

Car: Camaro Z281991 Engine: 5.7L/350 TPI Transmission: TH700R4 ··································· Car: Acura CL 1998
Engine: 3.0L/183
Transmission: 4 spd auto/OD
Originally posted by 87PontiacBeast
theres a 87 trans am for sale at a gas station by my house and it has the vertical doors and i think it looks pretty bad..it doesnt go with 3rdgens. the guy definatly had alot of work done to it but hes only sellin it for 1000 so it couldnt have taken that much money to do it.
-- hes probably cutting his losses..
Old 01-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1995 Corvette
Engine: LT1
Transmission: 6 spd Manual
Axle/Gears: Dana 44, 3:45:1
He probably damaged his brain when he hit his head on the bottom corner of the door trying to get out.. Now in his vegatative state, he no longer needs a vehicle and can't calculate a reasonable sale price...

Or it looked like crap and he said eff it...
Old 01-24-2004, 09:16 AM

Car: 84 T/A 70 Chevelle SS 78 T/A
Engine: chevy 383 Chevy 496 Pontiac 462
Transmission: built THM700r4 Richmond 6 built TH400
some of those use lambo hinges (available from kit cars sites) I got the cd and its just a list of sites.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:01 PM

Car: 2001 Trans Am WS.6, 1985 Trans Am-RIP :,(
Engine: LS1, 305 TPI
Transmission: 4L60E, 700R-4
What if the door sorta popped outward while remaining parallel, or slid out some then rotated. Sorta like this:
l=car I=door > = slides out
Door closed:
l
l
I
l
l

door open:

l
l
> I Then rotates at this point
l
l

Basically the door stays parallel with the side of the car. It it slides/pops out enough to clear the fender(while remaining parallel), then rotates up.

Then to close it will rotate down then you pull it closed.

If this would work, I dont think the hinge will be the problem, I think the a way to support the door would be.

I think a car actually uses this method, the Koenigsegg. It uses a door system like that.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Camaro I-Roc z
Transmission: Th700r4
someone bought that Lambo door kit off of e-bay here on thirdgen back about a year ago.

i think ti was 85sportcoupe

not sure though

anyhow the instructions are all off of a website he had googled a few days prior and it just tells you the stuff you need and it doesnt even talk about thirdgen applications....
Old 01-26-2004, 02:52 AM

Car: See pic above
Engine: Too Small
Transmission: Broken
Looking at the Autoloc kit, and just from what I've been thinking from reading everyone's responses...
What if you used a double hinge approach. There is one hinge that opens vertically. A second hinge is mounted between the door and the vertical hinge. It allows the door move outward. A strut (or actuator, etc.) is then attached at the lower left portion of the door jamb (where the fender meets the GFX) that attaches to the lower right side of the door jamb. That way pressure is applied to move the door out (like a traditional door opening) and it is also pushed up. This to me looks like the orientation of the strut in the K1 kit. The Autoloc kit says that it uses a 3 latch design that is adjustable. So my guess is that the autoloc kit works similarly. If you look at the upper right brass hinges in the pic on their site, it looks like this type of combination hinge. It may also allow the door to rotate slightly (like the posted Ferrari pic. Damn them for making so few Enzos ). I have to say, if I was building a show car, I would go with the Autoloc kit in a heartbeat. How cool would it be to have power opening and closing doors? Heck, I wish I could do that to my car now and just have the doors open to the sides. Anyway, I'd have to assume that if you had a hinge design that would work for a thirdgen, that it'd cost the same/less than one of those other hinge kits to just have one made at a machine shop.

Last edited by joezero; 01-26-2004 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
d00d that kit is soo awesome, good thing my good friend is a certified master mechanic, and will do this for free(he does everything i need for free as long as i pay fro the parts)

Gonna start saving up waht was it, $750, not that bad for something that normally cost' $5000, i like it. HA $750 that would be chimp change if i had a good job, but i'm a junior in high school and this will make my show off reputation a lot bigger, and i get paid $7 an hour. I will estimate expect this to be done in 2 months, that money will be raised just for this purpose and i'll be the first.

**in the back of his mind thinks, OMG zepher is rich he'll beat you**
Ya know hes always to first todo just about all exterior stylings IE wheels hoods stuff ya know, even spray painting th car.

Hehe, good thing i got excellent hookups cause this is gonna be a first on TGO, hell yeah.

yeah,
Shane : thats the name your kids will know when you say first thirdgen gull wing door. HEHE

Last edited by therckid; 01-30-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Banned

oh eyah and guys watch the videos on hiw it works they show it very nicely, except these are their prototyp models doing this good.
I'll post links

small video: 120kb
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/gr_hi...or_open_sm.mpg

large video: 475kb Better Quality
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/gr_hi...or_open_lg.mpg
Old 01-31-2004, 12:59 AM

if you wanted something like that a cheaper solution would to go with the deloreans gull wings just add a hinge to your t-top center bar and angle your roof so when opened it stay's up.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by kidrcth
oh eyah and guys watch the videos on hiw it works they show it very nicely, except these are their prototyp models doing this good.
I'd like to see them actually get in the car and shut the door. It looks like it'd be a pretty tight fit. That's why a lot of cars that are made with this type of door also swivel so that the door obstructs as little of the opening as possible.

There is another company (I forgot to bookmark it so I'll have to see if I can find it again later) that sold hinge kits. They had one that was installed on a mustang, so I'd imagine it would also work on an f-body. Price wasn't much better than autoloc at ~$1200-1500.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:16 AM

Car: 89 firebird, 03 Avalanche z71
Engine: 5.0 stock (for now)
Transmission: 700R4 auto
Axle/Gears: stock 2.73 for now
Well the good old boys at Monster Garage could do it
Old 01-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Banned

If you guys even watched the video you'd see that the doors do turn while they go up. They don’t just open the door a slight but and then they go strait up, what they do is turn toward going over the hood, which pivots then enough to make it work perfectly. You can still get in and everything

*** goes to search the web for people who have them***

This is what I can find, the style for our cars is called jackknife, which is what is used on this car here, it is a lambo though but it’s modeled after it.

Stated by statikdesign
Found on Lamborghini Diablo’s, Roadsters and other exotics. They swing straight up, some as much as 75º. Pictured at Left: Lamborghini Phantom Roadster. Right: Close up of a real Lamborghini's door hinge. Pictured: Lamborghini Diablo replica, courtesy of LamboBuilder.com

Design variations include adding a second shock or using a hinge that twists the door slightly as it opens. In some cars, the doors pop out before they can rotate upward. This is prevalent in cars that have doors with sharp angled bottom-rear corners. This is the type of door that I'm going to use so I will analyze it in more detail as follows

This is another style here it’s called butterfly door that turn completely,

Stated by StatikDesign
These are found on the McLaren F1 and the Saleen S7 super car, among others. The doors open to the 10 and 2 o'clock positions (when viewed from front) and have 2 hinge points - one close to the roof and one at the traditional location. Pictured: McLaren F1, thanks to Tim Cottinham (Left).
The first one is the type that our doors will do. Which is good enough if you were able to see it correctly? But now you can so, yeah.

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited by therckid; 01-31-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Banned

also for a hefty price these people at the below lnk are making a hinge kit specifically designed for 82-92 Firebirds, says nothing about the camaros though. Would they be the same?

D00ds trust me this wil be done to my car, i'm gonna be the first, i hope on TGO. You can truely expect this kit to be had in 2 monhts atthe maximum 4. But it WILL be done, absoltely will be done, i love this kit and it will make the value of the car higher is i were to ever sell it. I love this, only $750 for the kit too. I showed my mechanic and he said he could do it for me, since hes never done it he will do it for free. I love this guy, he gives me deals on everything.

yeah,

shane

Last edited by therckid; 01-31-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:58 PM

no offense but the verticle doors aren't the best option for a couple reasons. 1st garage space is done, you'll have a hard time opening those doors and getting in in a garage (the roof). the way it opens makes getting in an extremely rigorous task, I don't feel like ducking anytime I got in a car but to each his own.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

One- I don’t have a garage, I have a carport

Two- I like it, it seems it is just as easy to get out of as a lambo. Which means just don’t park it tight places right?

Three- it looks awesome and if flynlow is reading, this would be the perfect thing for your show car. You should really think about it. I'll be the model for everyone when I get it done. You guys can just sit in awe as I am the first on TGO to do it. I'll give detailed instruction as my master mechanic is doing this for me. Really as I read the instructions posted on their sit all you need is the ability to weld a strong sense of geometry and angels, because the door hinges are has strong angle to make them easy to get into.

I'll post you guys some pics of the gas shock locations available. You see which are best for getting in and out, the shocks will not get in the way more than the door does now. Remember you usually have the door not all the way open and so you’re restricted in getting you feet there. The drawings below are obviously crude drawing that shows no angles. This means that the doors will be more out of the way than they look.

Plus add the babe factor in and you'll suddenly be the hottest guy ever, with a Trans am with jackknife doors. Just think about that. It’s almost as good of a head turner as my fur headliner.

Your welcome,
Shane
Attached Thumbnails Verticle Door instructions??  like on a ferrari-shock-angles.gif  
Old 01-31-2004, 02:01 PM

I think the look kinda stupid on thirdgens but ok, have fun. an alternative you could do is a door like this which I personally like better: Thats a thirdgen by the way. You might need to lighten the doors a little bit since they're heavy as hell.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Banned

nah d00d, i'm keeping the original styling, I will never change a body part. As long as it locks stock when the doors are clsoed and everything i'm happy. (Stock is excluding big rims, 4th gen spoiler, and hoods)

I can wait until next school year when i pull up on the first day and everyone sees me, my sister, and my girlfriend come out of a Trans Am with verticle doors. I'll be the hottest **** since a car exploded in the parking lot.

But yeah i contacted my mechanic who said "i could do it with you but i talked to my buddy and he said he wanted to help us when we do it." The guy hes talking about is an autobody specialist. They will both do it for free so i'm in good shape. Only need to save up about, hmmmm. $1000 just incase something like a fender gets bent in the proccess.

$750 for the kit + free instlal you gotta love it.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:09 PM

I was talking hinging on the door. that pivot will probably be the easiest as fas as getting in and out.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

well see i thouhg about that but look at the difference in between these videos on how they get out, the first in the $750 kit with out pivoting and the second is some gay **** where you gotta pivot the door first. The cheap kit is much more smooth in opening.

I personally think that the pivoting door looks to muhc like it was done by yourself. think about it, lambos dont have pivoting doors, they pivot by the hinge being installed at an angel. Its better that way.

also NEVER GET THE ELECTRIC MOTRS AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND VIDEO, THEY ARE TOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

120KB
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/gr_hi...or_open_sm.mpg

420Kb
http://www.autoloc.com/quicktime/LamboCOM.mov

Shane
Old 01-31-2004, 02:50 PM

Lambos no but the style I showed is used on some other supercar, McLaren I think.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Banned

Yeah, the only two cars it on is the Mclaren and the Saleen S7 Super cars.

The design is called the butterfly, instead of the one I need which is Jackknife/scissor.

The thing I have to emphasize though is the fact that these already do that to an extent. And for double the price for what, 10 more degrees, I just can’t justify that.

It will take me 3 paychecks alone to save up for this and the extra cash needed. Although that seems like I can get it done in 2 months, well I got other debt to pay off with people and it just will be about 2 months. I can promise you guys this the first $750 I get after debt been paid is going to this kit.

One thing I got to ask, for all you structural people, in the pics I showed before of strut locations, I have to create slits in the door to place them in most case. Would that decrease structural integrity by a lot? I mean I don’t wan to open the door and my car fall because it broke. I won’t worry about accident because well, I just don’t care, I am a very good driver and I don’t make careless mistakes by pulling in front of people. But look at that image again and see if it’s going to change that very bad.

Will I need sub frame connectors? I can get those from my buddy for, what did he says, uhhhh $125.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Banned

alright guys, here are the unstrustions i modded to beall in one file so its alot easier to read.

i got a limited bandwidth but i doubt people are gonna read this forum this far so i can post it safely.

http://jagfan0316.tripod.com/Sweet_D...structions.pdf

shane,

P.S. have fun cause i'm gonna get banned beucase i made the account just for this and they'll notice very soon.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

ok also for the d00d who brought up the fact about having a t-top car with the stripping above it.

That is a very valid point my friend, although i have thought out a solution, Just cut about half an inch off of it, it still overlaps but will come off the door, perfect combo.

your welcome,
shane
Old 02-01-2004, 02:08 AM

One thing I got to ask, for all you structural people, in the pics I showed before of strut locations, I have to create slits in the door to place them in most case. Would that decrease structural integrity by a lot? I mean I don’t wan to open the door and my car fall because it broke. I won’t worry about accident because well, I just don’t care, I am a very good driver and I don’t make careless mistakes by pulling in front of people. But look at that image again and see if it’s going to change that very bad.

Will I need sub frame connectors? I can get those from my buddy for, what did he says, uhhhh $125.

Thanks,
Shane
SFCs wouldn't be a bad idea, then again, there isn't any circumstance I can think of where SFCs would be a bad idea.:lala:
They would probably help to reduce the amount of structural burden placed on the doors. As long as the hinge mounts in a similar manner as the factory one and you retain the factory lock plus the impact bar inside the door, I don't forsee the structural integrity of the car being effected too much. Rather than cutting a slit in the door to mount the strut (I'm still not sure if a small enough strut could be used that no cutting would be necessary) I would look into cutting a hole for the strut to enter.

I won’t worry about accident because well, I just don’t care, I am a very good driver and I don’t make careless mistakes by pulling in front of people
IMHO, one of the first things to be considered with any mod should be safety. Good driver or not, accidents happen. That's why we call them accidents. While I don't think that converting to scissor doors is necessarily an unsafe mod, I wouldn't overlook any safety aspects. I know if a car hit me from the side, I would want the door hinges and latch to hold the door in place, not let it come into the driver's seat (not saying this would happen, but it might).

also NEVER GET THE ELECTRIC MOTRS AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND VIDEO, THEY ARE TOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree with you there. And to top it off, it didn't even latch the door back, you still had to manually close it. From the looks of the vid, my guess is that they have a a door popper installed to make it look like it's fully automatic/motorized, but it isn't.

alright guys, here are the unstrustions i modded to beall in one file so its alot easier to read.
I can't get it, probably b/c of the bandwith issue. How big is the file? If it's not too big, I can host it on my site.

Plus add the babe factor in and you'll suddenly be the hottest guy ever, with a Trans am with jackknife doors. Just think about that. It’s almost as good of a head turner as my fur headliner.
You're joking, right?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Banned

well first PM me your email and i'll email you the file, however the file is a little over 1 meg so its quite large. I guess quite a few people actually downlaoded it becuasemi was already banned from tripod when you went.

Nah i wasn't joking about the babefactor, you know its there. Girls would love to take a ride in a car with veritcle doors man. Its almost as attracting as my fur headliner, girls se that and they get in the car just feeling on it all the time.

Shane
Old 02-01-2004, 09:43 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro
Engine: 357
Here is a site with the videos of the mustang with the lambo doors. I think this would be the best way to do this mod on a third gen. He has a switch panel that he can control the doors with to stop them in any position, and he can open them by remote.

http://www.oghabib.com/newdoors.htm

there are three videos there, the quicktime and the wm are the same, the gif is just the doors
Old 02-08-2004, 03:37 PM

wow.. i started this thread a year ago and its STILL going?? Right on. Oh by the way, do headlights from an 88 monte carlo fit where our headlights are. i saw an article in camaro performers or something and i couldnt remember what year of monte carlo the guy got the lights from.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '81 Trans Am
Engine: 6.6L
Transmission: auto 350
Originally posted by 84Z28_5.7ltr_V8
wow.. i started this thread a year ago and its STILL going?? Right on. Oh by the way, do headlights from an 88 monte carlo fit where our headlights are. i saw an article in camaro performers or something and i couldnt remember what year of monte carlo the guy got the lights from.
late 80s monte only had the one piece once...the few yrs before they droped the rwd ones. Also caddy, celebritys and full size gm truck one piece lights have been moded into camaros.

For everyone else thats on the supject of lambo doors look at this camaro-------->
http://www.camaro.ca/rides/th200411210151anew.jpg
Old 02-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned

Car: Trans am
will someone just do the lambo doors allready , im sick of the arguing, i want to see the doors on a third gen. I would love to do it on my car. If i had 5000 i would take the car to cali and have someone do it. lets see someone do it.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

there are people who are seleling the kit custom made for our cars for $650.

http://www.cardoorcustoms.com They order a set of hinges from GM(for your car), modify them to work on the car. And ship them to you. I'll tell you what, i give them an A in cusotmer service. They just recenetly got their gallery up.

In three days they will have a video of the doors opening(i requested it, they gave me a due day today)
Yes we have had a short delay. It should be up within about 3 days or so. Thank You!

CDC
I have helped these guys out with helping us thirgeners see what we want to see. I have tlaked to the people who won auctions fromthese people on ebay, they say great customer support. I say try it. Ask them any question and that day or the next day they will reply. Dont look at other forums on this becuase all they found are bogus things. These people are very nice, and professional.

They are now offering sponcers, all expence paid, for cars with lots of mods. Contact them about it. its in their sonsors page. If you become one, they will pay for every part of the mod. All it takes to get it done.

Try them out

Shane
Old 02-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
Shane,

How many times do we need to go over this... order the kit and put it in or shut the **** up. Stop boosting a company you know nothing about.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Banned

d00d, i'm keeping contact with the people who won auctions. Theyshould be getting their stuff soon. But until then i cant prove they will work. But i can tell you myself that from the way they tlel me things they'll get it to work.

I dont know why you guys are bashing on me so much. I'm just trying to help and these people offer the kit for cheap. Just get off my back d00d. I'll post the link to the video once they post it. I look at their site everyday to see whats new. I will buyt he kit soon, but it wont be too soon. I'm gonna be reding the interior(new summit seats and door panels) so that whent eh doors are open there is something to show off.

Shane
Old 02-17-2004, 12:11 AM

I dont know why you guys are bashing on me so much.

Well, you keep saying you're going to do it.

D00ds trust me this wil be done to my car, i'm gonna be the first, i hope on TGO. You can truely expect this kit to be had in 2 monhts atthe maximum 4.
But then it's not done. Around here, that's a cardinal sin (well, almost.) So as long as you keep saying "I'm gonna do it and prove you all wrong" and then don't do it, ppl are gonna keep giving you crap.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
ok so what has changed since you got bashed on this before... lets see...
people bought the kit and havent even recieved it yet... well thats a good sign
They put up pics of a car on their website with lambo doors...that obviously werent obtained with their kit cause its an incredibly f(in expensive car ...no to mention theirs no pics of the parts actually installed
Other than that nothing.. so shut up..
Old 02-17-2004, 01:28 AM

d00d, i'm keeping contact with the people who won auctions. Theyshould be getting their stuff soon. But until then i cant prove they will work. But i can tell you myself that from the way they tlel me things they'll get it to work.

I dont know why you guys are bashing on me so much. I'm just trying to help and these people offer the kit for cheap. Just get off my back d00d. I'll post the link to the video once they post it. I look at their site everyday to see whats new.
I dunno about this company. In their FAQ they talk about how they're a direct from manufacturer deal to save you money "no middleman" they claim. Then they offer quanity discounts to dealers Plus, the gallery only has pics of one car. So what's the deal, they can do it to one car so that means that they can do it to every car ever made? Been there, the work wasn't as good as I would have liked.

They say no drilling or welding is required. How exactly is that since the hinge is welded to the door on our cars?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:57 AM
Banned

they have three other demo cars getting ready to be posted. Also new videos in 2 days.

They have also selected a lucky someone witha 87 Iroc for one of their sponcors. Its a black one. Dunno who or if its from here but they got one.

My hinges are amazingly bolted to the car and the door. The doors have obviously been replaced.

Shane
Old 02-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
d00d.

Quick Reply: Verticle Door instructions?? like on a ferrari